Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Waking Life

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ginohassideburns Posted - 06/19/2002 : 5:55:25 PM
Go rent this movie it is excellent in so many ways. If you like creative movies then this one is for you! Go rent it!

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 07/08/2002 : 9:49:17 PM
Here's a little more on "Grinning Evil Death"

The story involves a giant killer mutant robotic cockroach from space. The only person who can stop this menace to Earth, is a young boy! What is his weapon? Why not; the super hero ring he found in his cereal box. Yes, as a matter of fact, that is all he needs to destroy the grinning evil death. Another reason to love the inspired humor of the Liquid TV series.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
tericee Posted - 07/08/2002 : 9:22:10 PM
You have not been keeping up... We talked about this a couple of months ago: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1792

Summary: A man in a dream state encounters many characters who, one by one, talk about their views on the meaning, perception, and reality of human existence. (ref: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0243017)

Plus, a guy from my class was the Art Director. Bob Sabiston has developed his own software, which was used to create the look of the Waking Life animation. I will admit, though, that some scenes were a little too wiggly/wavy for me. I didn't like "The Critic" much because of the wiggly lines around all of the characters. I like stable animation I guess. At least this movie was *supposed* to be dreamy so I tried not to dwell on it.

Bob's first animation (at least that I know of), called "Beat Dedication," featured a robot drummer. He also wrote a public service announcement on recycling for MTV (Recycle! We mean it! - The Trees) and "Grinning Evil Death" for Liquid Television. The latter is available on various animation festival videos. Not sure about the former.

He's way cool! Too bad I didn't actually ever meet him. I'll have to watch for him at future reunions, although he's probably the "too cool" type who doesn't go to those.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 09:35:02 AM
That is enuf of a description to make me want to check it out. Consider it added to my list. THANX

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 06/22/2002 : 11:40:56 AM
It's basically about dreaming. I don't know what else to say about it without giving away what plot there is. It's trippy as hell though. They took real-life footage recorded on home video cameras and used computer plugins to make it look animated. Definitely a one-of-a-kind film.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 06/21/2002 : 11:03:13 PM
yeah. i need to know what it is so i can estimate how many tissues i'll need or how much popcorn to pop

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Fluffy Posted - 06/20/2002 : 04:45:46 AM
May I ask what it is about? It doesn't ring a bell by the title alone.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000