Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Chili Peppers Single

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 05/31/2002 : 4:35:42 PM
Click on the fallowing link to listen to it, it might take am min to load, (longer for those of u on dial up) but it will play trust me.

http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/index.htm

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
groovologist Posted - 06/16/2002 : 8:27:10 PM
quote:

And after ten years they're still putting out the same type of music they were back then.

Its been more like 20 years, and if you listen to their first release and then californication you probably wouldnt guess that they are the same band, theyve really evolved, personally i liked the older stuff more but that doesnt mean i dont like the new.

Saint Jude Posted - 06/16/2002 : 8:18:42 PM
their new video is on their site now too. suprisingly great quality for streaming video, (if u have cable)

http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/mmedia/index.htm

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/10/2002 : 10:09:42 AM
quote:
Is Red Hot Chili Peppers one of those bands that it's ok to like? I know there are so many (Blink, et al) that we aren't allowed to like on simple principle. But I often can't tell what I'll get burned for liking.

You know it really is 'ok to like' ANYONE... I hope you don't think that everyone here will honestly burn you for liking someone that might not strike a chord with most of us here. Giving a little flame to a n00b every once-in-a-while helps to keep away the kids that are more of the 'nancies' crowd of 'Timmy' fans. But for someone we know, don't hold back because you aren't sure if most of the people here agree with you. Just be prepared for a little teasing if it's someone REALLY bad. :)
-J

EDIT: Upon furthur thought, I have decided to deem Rod Stewart as an unacceptable interest. That is all.

genome Posted - 06/10/2002 : 12:28:55 AM
Yep, since the blue album for me too.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/09/2002 : 11:24:35 PM
quote:

Personally, I think Californication was the best album of 99(I hadn't realized it was so long ago!), and I don't think they will be able to top it. But I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

They topped it in 91, they can do it again...

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Saint Jude Posted - 06/09/2002 : 11:16:49 PM
I love weezer too, fan since the blue album.

Jamie M Posted - 06/09/2002 : 2:55:47 PM
What makes the Chilis good and "ok to like", is that their music is original. I mean, there's really not another band to compare them to. And after ten years they're still putting out the same type of music they were back then. They do their own thing and if people like it, even better.

Personally, I think Californication was the best album of 99(I hadn't realized it was so long ago!), and I don't think they will be able to top it. But I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

genome Posted - 06/09/2002 : 1:55:47 PM
Is Red Hot Chili Peppers one of those bands that it's ok to like? I know there are so many (Blink, et al) that we aren't allowed to like on simple principle. But I often can't tell what I'll get burned for liking.

Not that what anyone says changes my opinion, but it might change what I say about the band. For example, I like Bush, but I wouldn't say that here. Damnit... And Weezer, too, for that matter.

So I guess I'll just go with the assumption that they're ok to like. Anyone want to fill me in on the qualifications. Yes, I know they have some good musicians. Qualifications other than that...

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Evergreen Posted - 06/05/2002 : 3:44:09 PM
Hey good point! I didn't even think of that. The guitar work does seem similar. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Fleabass76 Posted - 06/05/2002 : 3:40:00 PM
I think the new single sounds alot like 1 Hot Minute. Alot of people didn't like that album, even though I think I liked it more than Californication. If the new one's like BSSM, that would be wicked. I doubt they'll ever be able to recapture BSSM's Magik though, but it does have one simularity already... It's the 2nd album in a row w/ Fruciante on guitar just like BSSM was..

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Evergreen Posted - 06/05/2002 : 3:28:25 PM
Just heard 2 more from the RHC's soon to be released stuff. A friend whose a DJ in San Diego just sent me some promo stuff. It sounds a lot like Blood Sugar. I might be wishfully hoping, but I hope this latest is similar to BSSM. THAT would be great! I wasn't really impressed with their last release.

dirtysloth Posted - 05/31/2002 : 6:21:30 PM
Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up.

dick mountjoy Posted - 05/31/2002 : 6:02:11 PM
Ha I just heard that on the way home from work :P

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000