Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Going to see Greg Howard tonight!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 05/25/2002 : 6:16:49 PM
There is a chapman stick show that Greg is playing at tonight, It's not too often he makes it out to CA so I'm excited to be getting to see him for the first time live.

21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dirtysloth Posted - 06/14/2002 : 10:50:12 PM
Yeah, I can't believe I was lucky enough to catch Greg's last show there. I didn't even think about that e-mail Fluffy sent out so I didn't know it was the last one until I got there. I really wish I could have seen Mike Sokolowski at some point though.

tericee Posted - 06/09/2002 : 01:01:05 AM
Sucks to be you...

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/08/2002 : 5:26:56 PM
doesn't that suck! right when i start driving around places, with this hope of going to miller's and see some of these great musician's, they gotta fuckin' change management and not have any of the greats play there anymore. ain't that a bitch?!?

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
dirtysloth Posted - 06/02/2002 : 8:56:06 PM
Oh, of course he was! He really is an incredible musician, not to mention a cool guy.

KevinLesko Posted - 06/02/2002 : 2:48:22 PM
You know I was actually talking to Tim about Michael and Greg quitting Millers, and he told me that Millers just went under new management, and they have been going downhill. Perhaps that is the reason. Well, too bad it wasnt a great crowd, but I'm sure Greg was still amazing.

dirtysloth Posted - 06/02/2002 : 11:24:12 AM
Yeah I was at that last show at Miller's. Best $3 I ever spent. It was such a shame that hardly anyone was paying any attention to him though. There were a bunch of loud drunks that night too.

j Posted - 06/02/2002 : 01:32:35 AM
Speaking of Greg, did anyone hear about how he's not playing at Miller's for a long time? I was really disappointed to hear this because I went to a lot of the Monday night shows. Luckily, C'ville isn't that far :). It's pretty amazing being able to see someone like Greg Howard in such an extremely small place and only for a couple of bucks.

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
dirtysloth Posted - 06/01/2002 : 10:49:45 PM
I went and saw Greg today. Got all but the last song(Goodbye Porkpie Hat) on tape. It was, needless to say, an awesome performance.

KevinLesko Posted - 06/01/2002 : 10:29:04 PM
Oh and I think you'll be glad to hear that I think a few copies of the Sticks and Stones albums with TR were sold that night.

KevinLesko Posted - 06/01/2002 : 10:24:44 PM
VWF: I picked up that CD that night as well. It was just recently remastered about two months ago and it really sounds great. I'm actually listening to it with headphones right now.

victorwootenfan Posted - 05/30/2002 : 1:31:03 PM
i just bought code magenta, by greg howard leroi moore and dawn thompson(i think). so far it's really awesome, i enjoy the chapman
stick playing throughout the whole album, it's really quite nice, and
leroi's sax playing is flippin' awesome!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
KevinLesko Posted - 05/28/2002 : 1:15:37 PM
phfew.. fixed the link.. no more side to side scrolling is neccesary!

Saint Jude Posted - 05/28/2002 : 09:50:02 AM
very kewl, greg sure is amazing to see live. totaly blew me away when he came out for tim. I was gunna tape just a bit to see how the sound and vid quality would be from where i was, fuck that im gunna tape all of his set too.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
KevinLesko Posted - 05/28/2002 : 02:00:37 AM
Oops, I committed the ultimate sin... I went past the screen. Oh man, Fluffy wont like this.... but since it is a link, there isnt much I can do.

KevinLesko Posted - 05/28/2002 : 01:58:50 AM
and the rest can be found by navagating your mouse to the following jumble of letters:

My Greg Howard Pictures
KevinLesko Posted - 05/28/2002 : 01:50:36 AM

KevinLesko Posted - 05/28/2002 : 01:49:38 AM

genome Posted - 05/26/2002 : 4:48:23 PM
Yeah Greg is awesome. His instrument is awesome too, I have to say. So Greg plus Stick = Two awesome.

KevinLesko Posted - 05/26/2002 : 3:51:13 PM
Yup, Greg is Quite the musician. It was awesome. It was a "Stick Night" so two other Stickists were playing the venue including Emmet Chapman (I'm pretty sure he was the originator of the instrument). Greg Played a few of his songs (including Blues for Ayaman, which is one of my favs) and a few covers, including songs from Charles Mingus, Bob Dylan (Watchtower) and The Beatles. It really is amazing to watch him play, his talent is right up there with TR when you see his hands moving soooo fast, and his eyes are closed the whole time. I have some pics, but I want to finish posting the TR pics before I get around to these.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 05/25/2002 : 7:30:11 PM
why ye lucky dogs. TAKE ME!!!!

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
dirtysloth Posted - 05/25/2002 : 7:02:13 PM
That's awesome. I'll be seeing him again on Saturday, and this time I will be recording!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000