Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Going to see Greg Howard tonight!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2002 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is a chapman stick show that Greg is playing at tonight, It's not too often he makes it out to CA so I'm excited to be getting to see him for the first time live.

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2002 :  7:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awesome. I'll be seeing him again on Saturday, and this time I will be recording!

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2002 :  7:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
why ye lucky dogs. TAKE ME!!!!

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  3:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yup, Greg is Quite the musician. It was awesome. It was a "Stick Night" so two other Stickists were playing the venue including Emmet Chapman (I'm pretty sure he was the originator of the instrument). Greg Played a few of his songs (including Blues for Ayaman, which is one of my favs) and a few covers, including songs from Charles Mingus, Bob Dylan (Watchtower) and The Beatles. It really is amazing to watch him play, his talent is right up there with TR when you see his hands moving soooo fast, and his eyes are closed the whole time. I have some pics, but I want to finish posting the TR pics before I get around to these.

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  4:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Greg is awesome. His instrument is awesome too, I have to say. So Greg plus Stick = Two awesome.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  01:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  01:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  01:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and the rest can be found by navagating your mouse to the following jumble of letters:

My Greg Howard Pictures
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  02:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oops, I committed the ultimate sin... I went past the screen. Oh man, Fluffy wont like this.... but since it is a link, there isnt much I can do.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  09:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
very kewl, greg sure is amazing to see live. totaly blew me away when he came out for tim. I was gunna tape just a bit to see how the sound and vid quality would be from where i was, fuck that im gunna tape all of his set too.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  1:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
phfew.. fixed the link.. no more side to side scrolling is neccesary!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  1:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just bought code magenta, by greg howard leroi moore and dawn thompson(i think). so far it's really awesome, i enjoy the chapman
stick playing throughout the whole album, it's really quite nice, and
leroi's sax playing is flippin' awesome!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
VWF: I picked up that CD that night as well. It was just recently remastered about two months ago and it really sounds great. I'm actually listening to it with headphones right now.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh and I think you'll be glad to hear that I think a few copies of the Sticks and Stones albums with TR were sold that night.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went and saw Greg today. Got all but the last song(Goodbye Porkpie Hat) on tape. It was, needless to say, an awesome performance.

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  01:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Greg, did anyone hear about how he's not playing at Miller's for a long time? I was really disappointed to hear this because I went to a lot of the Monday night shows. Luckily, C'ville isn't that far :). It's pretty amazing being able to see someone like Greg Howard in such an extremely small place and only for a couple of bucks.

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  11:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I was at that last show at Miller's. Best $3 I ever spent. It was such a shame that hardly anyone was paying any attention to him though. There were a bunch of loud drunks that night too.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  2:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know I was actually talking to Tim about Michael and Greg quitting Millers, and he told me that Millers just went under new management, and they have been going downhill. Perhaps that is the reason. Well, too bad it wasnt a great crowd, but I'm sure Greg was still amazing.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  8:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, of course he was! He really is an incredible musician, not to mention a cool guy.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  5:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doesn't that suck! right when i start driving around places, with this hope of going to miller's and see some of these great musician's, they gotta fuckin' change management and not have any of the greats play there anymore. ain't that a bitch?!?

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  01:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sucks to be you...

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2002 :  10:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can't believe I was lucky enough to catch Greg's last show there. I didn't even think about that e-mail Fluffy sent out so I didn't know it was the last one until I got there. I really wish I could have seen Mike Sokolowski at some point though.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000