Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 One day...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 05/05/2002 : 7:03:00 PM
Jonny decided to construct a car out of meat loaf. This was no ordinary meat loaf...this was RED meat loaf! And O! the children could hear the bells ringing! Jonny ate his car, leaving the aluminum shell outside for the crows. While eating his supper, no one even knew he was inside the shed, chewing on pine needles.

God damn...im tiiiiiiiiiiiiired. Me and two friends dressed up all crazy, walked to a little league game...and got harrassed by eight year olds. Then thier parents came and told US to stop harrassing thier kids. They yelled at us, kicked us oot, and told us never to come back. I retaliated by telling them (this was at a church, by the way) that they shouldn't accuse people of things just because of the way they dress. It was bullshit! This dude approached me and asked me if I "Was under the influence of Marijuana." I said, of course not...at...the moment! He then told me to stop harrassing his kids. I told him that the kids were harrassing US, and that they called us stupid. The man said i was lying, when one of the kids approached him, and told him EXACTLY what happened. He still thought we were harrassing his kids. So i said, " Follow God's example! DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE ON THE WAY THEY DRESS!" To this, he stood there, turned red, and left. It was great!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
33   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 10:22:11 PM
quote:
Not too shabby at all!

Thanks Patrick! It wasn't easy, I had migraine headaches really bad in college. My brain was stressed!

LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 10:16:49 PM
quote:
Blast a little Tool during the ride...wouldn't that be the shit?

Very kewl, I must say!!

dirtysloth Posted - 05/08/2002 : 10:45:04 AM
quote:
I guess I'm not too shabby myself. I graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA. I was also honored as the outstanding student in my class.

Not too shabby at all!

quote:
Patrick I would suggest you appear in court with a nice clean cut hair and dress appropriately for the court. Then when you are done go for the mohawk or what ever makes you happy! I really don't want to see you judged unfairly. You are a very intelligent dude, work the system!

Oh yes, the system will be worked! Like I said, if I do it it'll probably be the day I have court, but not until I get home. But yes, I'll have to get a picture of me that day... I'll probably never look so preppy again.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Evergreen Posted - 05/08/2002 : 10:26:24 AM
Magic Mountain in LA..thats my latest wish. 2 new coasters X and Deja Vu. They both look sooooo fun. Maybe you've seen them if your checking 6 Flags parks. I want to find a coaster that has speakers for loud music mounted on the shoulder harnesses somewhere. Blast a little Tool during the ride...wouldn't that be the shit?

LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 08:52:02 AM
Oh by the way, we still must plan on the roller-coaster fest someTIMe! Fox news is covering the roller-coasters at Six Flags right now and it's getting me excited! LOL! The Jokers Jinx is quite awesome!

LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 08:47:35 AM
Evergreen I just adore your secret squirrel! You are so lucky to have such an amazing and wonderful friend! Glad you enjoy the music! Somehow I screwed up one song on it, so once I get my musicmatch program working again I'll be sending a revised copy. I'm very interested in trading some music with you. If I ever get my DMB shows converted I'll gladly get you hooked up with them!

Baltimore is an entirely different world from where you live, but it's a nice city. I hope the online classes work out for you.

quote:
It's partly why this board is so fun.....Smart is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more!!!

Evergreen Posted - 05/08/2002 : 08:33:34 AM
Hey Liz!!! By the way THANX for the music you sent my secret squirrel. He's sooooo nice he let me take the CD home with me weeks ago and I can't get enough of it. You're awesome. Let me know what you'd like for live music(many bands, many shows) and I'll send you something.

I'm hoping to not have to live in Baltimore, I don't like it that well there. One of the programs I'm interested in is strictly online. I've been applying for jobs in many other states so I'm not sure where I'll end up and online is the way to go.

And we do have a bunch of intelligent chaps here don't we. It's partly why this board is so fun.....Smart is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!

LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 08:19:12 AM
I must say there are many very intelligent folks that post here.

I guess I'm not too shabby myself. I graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA. I was also honored as the outstanding student in my class.

LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 08:13:12 AM
quote:
I'm presently trying to get into Johns Hopkins graduate school.

Evergreen I am extremely impressed! Good luck to you! Does that mean you would move down here?

LizT Posted - 05/08/2002 : 08:10:08 AM
quote:
My hair's getting out control. Haven't really cut it in about 6 months or more. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do something crazy with it as soon as I get home from my court date. A mowhawk maybe?

Patrick I would suggest you appear in court with a nice clean cut hair and dress appropriately for the court. Then when you are done go for the mohawk or what ever makes you happy! I really don't want to see you judged unfairly. You are a very intelligent dude, work the system!

Evergreen Posted - 05/08/2002 : 07:33:52 AM
My advice is to crank high scores on SAT's. I'm presently trying to get into Johns Hopkins graduate school. I have a BS a BSN and part of a Master's degree, been on the Deans list all thru college. Have work experiences from my present job that have been nationally recognized and JH wants to see my SAT scores. At this point I don't think they should matter but they do! EEK and as you can probably tell....I didn't do so well on them..."but I'm smart now really I is"

powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/08/2002 : 07:01:36 AM
PSAT's can indeed help you besides getting into a summer nerd program: it's also the "National Merit Award" test, so you can get tons of scholarships. Either way, I didn't qualify, but I did better on the real SAT (or I should say SAT I since they changed it a bit), just food for thought. And don't tell me that's from Pootie Tang...
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/07/2002 : 11:00:08 PM
You've gotta say it like it's written.....ssslllooowwwlllyyy... Think...gold tooth.

-what-
tericee Posted - 05/07/2002 : 10:02:18 PM
Alex P. Keaton said those words on Family Ties once. But that's not a movie, so I'll keep trying.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:54:04 PM
Not joking... Saving Private Ryan perhaps?

Peace,
Patrick

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:50:23 PM
it's a movie.

-what-
dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:49:00 PM
quote:
(If someone can get that quote, then I'll be DAMN impressed.)

I don't think I can, I don't think I can

Peace,
Patrick

pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:46:35 PM
quote:

tooot............tooot....

ummmmm......The Little Engine That Could?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:44:46 PM
Oh and on a side note, I was third in my class of 80 (yes, eighty). I took all the hard classes and everything and my damn girlfriend beat me for salutatorian by two one hundredths of a point. I think I had a 98.6 average and she had a 98.8 average for high school. Ok now maybe I'm tooting my horn.

tooot............tooot....

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:44:10 PM
I got the highest SAT score in my household.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:42:57 PM
When it comes down to it, the highest ACT in my county isn't saying that much. It's a small county (maybe MAYBE 30,000 people) and they are mostly redneck dumbasses. So my competition was minimal.

-what-
dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:35:28 PM
quote:
I had the highest ACT score in my county when I graduated. Not tooting my horn or anything...

That's awesome Jason. A great accomplishment which earnes you the right to a little tooting.

quote:
Maybe you should do a mullet.

Hey now, I'm not that crazy!

Peace,
Patrick

dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:29:33 PM
quote:
Hate to break it to you......but PSATs really don't do much for ya

Well, maybe not, but it still gets me recognition at the awards show and my name in the paper. I only scored 10 points lower on the real thing anyway though. And that doesn't really do anything for me either. Full Sail, as awesome as it is, doesn't require SATs I don't think.

Peace,
Patrick

pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:28:23 PM
Really??? Why wasn't I invited?......oh yeah.....my english score.....

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:28:07 PM
My school didn't even take the SAT. We did the ACT, which I think is more or less useless outside the South. Which is where I am, so it doesn't really matter. Hell it doesn't matter now anyway because I'm out of college, but anyway...I had the highest ACT score in my county when I graduated. Not tooting my horn or anything...there were people plenty smarter than me. Maybe I just take tests well, I don't know.

But that's super cool that you're really smart and still get to not be all nerdy and stuff. I wasn't nerdy, but I wasn't mister do my own thing, either. So kudos to you.

Maybe you should do a mullet. Or do like Egyptians and shave all but a patch and either braid or put it in a ponytail.

-what-
tericee Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:26:43 PM
quote:

Hate to break it to you......but PSATs really don't do much for ya....

They can help you get into cool summer programs for geeks. I tutored for a program like that at MIT.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2002 : 9:09:16 PM
Hate to break it to you......but PSATs really don't do much for ya....I only wish I get the same score on my real SATs as I did on the PSATs.....800 in math. Actually......I don't really care about SATs because I got into the college I wanted to.

dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 8:39:11 PM
Awesome stuff Jay!!!

My hair's getting out control. Haven't really cut it in about 6 months or more. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do something crazy with it as soon as I get home from my court date. A mowhawk maybe? Why not. Haven't decided what funky color it should be yet. I'm one of six kids in my class of over 400 who got an award for our performace on the PSAT, also I think the second highest score out of those six(with a 1350), and that will be recognized at the awards show this year. Showing up with a mohawk, having done more mind expanding substances than probably anyone else in the school, and receiving an award for academic achievement... how's that for breaking a stereotype or two.

Peace,
Patrick

Saint Jude Posted - 05/06/2002 : 3:18:28 PM
ha, u tell em jay.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Jay Posted - 05/06/2002 : 12:03:53 PM
it was a roman catholic. i can't tell much casue im at school and i'l prolly gete in trouble.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
genome Posted - 05/05/2002 : 9:02:22 PM
That sounds like a fun experiment. Hey, do you know what kind of church it was that you went to? Just curious....I mean, what denomenation was it?

LizT Posted - 05/05/2002 : 7:11:54 PM
That's too bad that people are that way. You can't judge a book by it's cover. I'm happy you were proven right in the matter! Hey Jay, keep dressing the way you LIKE, not the way people want you to dress.

powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/05/2002 : 7:10:23 PM
Funnily enough, there is no specific word in the german language for mind; however, there are enough "Narrow-MINDed" people in existence over here that there is a word for that (engstirnig). Food for thought. Maybe one day people will stop being so BLIND to different ideas and the such, and start being blind to something else beneficial like color, race, or class.
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000