Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 John Mayer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jason Posted - 04/26/2002 : 7:17:37 PM
I can't remember if anyone has said anything about this guy here, but I just picked up his "Room for Squares" cd and I am impressed. Has anyone here heard this yet and if so whatcha think?

27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 01/13/2003 : 11:47:23 PM
Field Manual
Frequency Modulation
Fathom
Fermium

these are all also abbreviated as FM
pcbTIM Posted - 01/13/2003 : 10:32:40 PM
Foolish Mortals!
Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2003 : 01:04:01 AM
Funloving Moptop
Friendly Minion
Foolio Major
Fantastic Mess
Feral Mutt
Freakin' Midget
Fuckin' Moron
Foolish Minor
etc etc etc
PJK Posted - 01/02/2003 : 9:33:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.....Oh the possibilities of what FM could stand for...hehehe (I know its for Flaming Moe but something else entered my mind....ok I will just excuse myself and go right into the gutter now...hehehe)
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/02/2003 : 8:22:16 PM
More like a squire. I'm currently wearing the FM crown.
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/02/2003 : 7:13:55 PM
Har Har Har, I'm getting the hang of being a Flaming Moe king! Or at least a pseduo/demi-prince!
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/02/2003 : 6:57:12 PM
Curse you Red Baron.
victorwootenfan Posted - 12/31/2002 : 12:42:36 PM
I like John Mayer...not as much as a like a Flaming Moe!
genome Posted - 05/11/2002 : 3:33:52 PM
John Mayer reminds me of Ben Harper.

revrendmaynard14 Posted - 05/11/2002 : 3:11:07 PM
John Mayer reminds me and NKAD of DM.

*~Kaleigh~*
Isaac Posted - 05/06/2002 : 4:12:08 PM
Jude,

Fluffy was right he's comming back to the Rave on July 30th, assuming it doesn't sell out before I can get tickets I'm definatly there. Maybe I'll bump into ya

3----------------------->

Isaac
krystal Posted - 05/06/2002 : 3:29:52 PM
Actually, I met John Mayer on Friday night after his Memphis show. I have pictures too if anyone is interested. I was on the front row for his show and it rocked. I am a huge fan. Glad to hear his name circulating on this board.

Fluffy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 09:54:08 AM
Hey Mel, that night is stuck in my head as the first night I had ever heard of John Mayer. I remember you guys running back and forth to the other show. Funny how that works. Hadn't even heard of him then, and now I got a good friend working for him. WEIRD!!

Hey Saxygrl528, Welcome aBOARD and I hope you get to see John Mayer!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
just chillin Posted - 05/05/2002 : 5:57:39 PM
speaking of mayer-

not sure if you remember fluffy, but when you guys played portland last oct. mayer played just down the street the same night a few hours before tim's show. kyle, nate, and i were there and invited him to tim's show. he said he was a big fan and was happy for the invite. john, dela and the rest of the guys really seemed to dig the show. anyway, just more randomness....Mel

KevinLesko Posted - 05/05/2002 : 5:07:11 PM
I'm a big fan of Guster and I just noticed that Guster is playing at SDSU (San Diego State) in August with Mayer opening, so I plan on goin to that show. The only time I've heard Mayer is during a Cary Pierce (the singer/songwriter from Jackopierce) concert, and I was impressed. Mayer did a cover of Message in a Bottle. He's got a cool voice and I guess I'll be checkin him out when I go see GUSTER! I'll be sure to check out those songs you mentioned Dick.

Saxygrl528 Posted - 05/05/2002 : 4:40:32 PM
i have been into john for a long time and i couldn't go see him this weekend in memphis because i had an accounting final!!!! (i was so sad! now he's coming thru b-ham may 11th and i don't think i can go to that show either. :( sadness...but yeah i do enjoy his music lots :)

~*Jennifer*~
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 07:09:02 AM
Ken tells me they will be touring thru Oct. so you may get another opportunity. You might want to check his website for tour dates. Hope you get to see him. Tell them HI for me if you do.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Saint Jude Posted - 05/03/2002 : 03:41:49 AM

quote:
Jude your not too far from The Rave why didn't you go see him last Thursday?

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1044

And hey my statement came true...

anyway, for further references all, dick mountjoy is my elder brother, and if i was back home i am sure i would have joined him at the show... but wasnt so i didna.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 02:27:22 AM
We had a John Mayer brush on our trip out to meet TR in Denver. As you have probably figured out, we got off to a late start. Lots of technical problems. The power was out at my home for 2 days and we had problems with getting the rental car. Anyway, we finally got underway at midnite on Tuesday after wanting to leave early Monday morning. Anyway we hit Columbus OH around 9am on Wed. Rew decided he wanted Starbucks and asked me if I remembered how to get to the Newport Music Hall where we had played with TR in Columbus. We knew there was a Starbucks right there. I did so we headed off the freeway to find the Starbucks. We found it no problem and when we looked at the marquee for the Newport and John Mayer was playing that evening. The tour manager for John Mayer is a really good friend of mine, Ken. He was the tour manager on my Chris Whitley tour over the summer and I have known him for about 5 years. When I was in NYC tour managing CW solo tour of the NE which Ken hooked up for me because he was busy, Ken was having a meeting with John Mayer and management to see if JM would be interested in Ken as a possible tour manager. Well Ken got the job so I was wondering if Ken was still with him and sure enuf he was. I tried calling his cell but only got his message so we wandered around for a little while and I tried again and only got the voicemail. So we were just getting ready to leave when a big ole Prevost drove by and I said let me just run check and see if that it him. Sure enuf it was so we spent the afternoon hanging with the John Mayer crew. Ken wanted us to stay for the show but Rew and I had to get moving. Small world. I was all annoyed that we were getting a late start but it turned out to be a good thing I guess. I got to see Ken. SYNCHRONICITY I tell you, SYNCHRONICITY!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Isaac Posted - 04/29/2002 : 2:45:20 PM
I've heard a few of his songs, I wanted to go see him in concert, he did two shows by me but the closest one sold out faster then a damn New Kids show.

Jude your not too far from The Rave why didn't you go see him last Thursday?

3----------------------->

Isaac
Saint Jude Posted - 04/28/2002 : 4:36:39 PM
thats what it was he played solo, neon.

holograph, i was way off.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/28/2002 : 2:07:44 PM
I like 'Neon' 'No Such Thing' and 'St. Patricks Day' as well. I have yet to discover a bad song of his.
-J

dick mountjoy Posted - 04/28/2002 : 12:37:48 AM
may i suggest 'something's missing', 'man on the side', and 'sucker' as songs to check out. 'something's missing' has just a kick ass guitar part. wish i thought of it.

Saint Jude Posted - 04/27/2002 : 11:04:12 PM
Saw him on .... carsons show... hey it was after conan and he kicks ass... but anyway, he played some song like...holograph or sumthin like that, but technically he was playing some kewl stuff. i will have to check out his other stuff. his voice is kinda werid though. but ehh.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/27/2002 : 10:24:07 PM
I am definitely into his music. Good stuff.
-J

Jason Posted - 04/27/2002 : 11:43:29 AM
Right on..thanks

dick mountjoy Posted - 04/26/2002 : 9:53:53 PM
i got 'room for squares' in december and was somewhat impressed. it wasn't until i downloaded a lot of live stuff that convinced me john is got something good going. i saw him live last night and he just kicked ass. guy's got major chops...he closed with some hendrix. he's also pretty funny, started playing some backstreet boys, laughed and said 'what the fuck am i thinking?' overall good stuff. check out sixfeetsmall.com for lots of info and live shows.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000