Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Suggestions for a bass......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/13/2002 : 7:40:10 PM
I've been thinking seriously about buying a bass guitar. I've seen some at my local music store for as low as $150, but cheaper doesnt usually mean better. Right now, i'm going to go and check on the net for some prices. Then, there's the amp. Again, whats a good and reliable brand. Thanks for the help.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andy86 Posted - 03/14/2002 : 10:09:19 PM
I would agree on Samick basses. My bro has one that I absolutely love, and he only got it for $200 I think.

Phil

{=HTG=} Posted - 03/07/2002 : 5:08:31 PM
Ying Yang, thanks Fleabass, i'll look into that. Especially his live CD, I've heard some pretty amazing stuff on that.

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay.
-Dave Matthews-
Fleabass76 Posted - 03/06/2002 : 11:02:32 PM
I have Yin Yang, it has some cool tracks, but alot of his stuff is kinda corny as far as songs go...the playing is awesome though...
I hear Show of Hands is supposed to be good. If u really want to hear him doing cool stuff that's not corny get a Bela Fleck and the Flecktones album or 2.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/06/2002 : 9:20:16 PM
Speaking of bass, any one heard "Improv-Amazing Grace" on "Live Art?" Disc 2? Victor Wooten is awesome, and i'm thinking of buying one of his cds. Anyone here own one?

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay.
-Dave Matthews-
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/14/2002 : 8:08:57 PM
Thanks, i'll look into those.

pcbTIM Posted - 02/14/2002 : 03:50:31 AM
oh

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Fleabass76 Posted - 02/14/2002 : 01:19:29 AM
I have absolutely no idea about 12 strings. I only know of the 4 string bass Samick Precision and Musicman copies.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
pcbTIM Posted - 02/13/2002 : 8:16:29 PM
quote:

Samick basses are the best you can get for the $ when talking about cheap basses.

Does that go for 12-strings as well? Because I got a Samick for Christmas.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Fleabass76 Posted - 02/13/2002 : 8:11:12 PM
Samick basses are the best you can get for the $ when talking about cheap basses. Amps? I like Gallien-Krueger's new line of L.A. Series? I think that's what they're called. They're very good for the $. I think you can get a small 8' for about 200, but that's still pretty pricey for your basic amp. Fender's BXR amps are good and cheap but they don't last long. Hope this helps.

O, also, if you want to spend around 500 dollars, Cort Curbow basses are sweet. They have Bartolini pickups and are designed by Greg Curbow who's kickass. These come in 4, 5, and 6.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000