06/27/02 Santa Fe, NM Paramount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  8:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone, Just got a call today from TR and he wanted me to post that he is doing a show at The Paramount in Santa Fe NM in Bar B on Thursday June 27th, 02. Doors are at 9pm and TR will perform shortly thereafter, so get there early. I hope some of you can make it as it sounds like it should be really KEWL. TR has expanded upon his ChaosView theme and will now be doing a multi-media show along with his performance. On the last tour he had talked about wanting to do something like this and has been working on putting it together. Musically, you can expect it to be alot like the performances on the ChaosView tour only with lots of kewl images to accompany the music in the show. TR is really excited about the project and says this is the way he has always envisioned the complete performance of the ChaosView shows. He hopes to do a couple more shows over the summer at The Paramount to hone the show and see if there will be anyway to take it on the road with us in the fall. I really hope he can make it work, I really want to see "the whole enchilada". I am so bummed I cannot be at the upcoming Santa Fe show. I bet it will be amazing. Be sure to check it out if you can.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  8:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dammit!! Why can't live in L.A.???? D'oh well......maybe someone will tape it for the rest of us..........but that sounds damn kewl.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  8:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kyle is going, but I don't know if he is planning on taping this one or not. If I find out I will let you know. Keep your fingers crossed, I know I AM!!! I really want to see this show. So bummed :(

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dmbman41
Is Anybody Here?

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SWEET! I LIVE IN ALBUQEUERQUE WHICH IS LIKE NOT EVEN AN HOUR AWAY! I CANT WAIT! WILL THEY LET US TAPE THE SHOW?? ALOS, WILL TIM SIGN AUTOGRAPHS AT ALL??? WELL THANX!!
"LIFE IS SHORT BUT SWEET FOR CERTAIN."-DAVE MATTHEWS
-MIKE

Mike Mares
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  11:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, LizK, you up for this one? Haha. I wish. It could be a HOB reunion show. That would be great. But no Fluffy...hmmm..how would that work? Anyway, I hope someone tapes the show.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  03:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strangely, I am actually at this moment contemplating making the drive out there for this one. I think it will be really kewl and I am afraid that all the multi-media stuff may not make it out for the fall tour. I am sure some of it will but it may not be logistically opitimum to bring the whole show with us. Having said that I am contemplating making the big drive. Tomorrow morning I make my decision.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  06:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm coming home soon!!! I hope TR will make some appearances towards the end of July, I'll be back in Albuquerque around mid-late July and I've been dying to check this stuff out live after hearing the FTP downloads. Fluffy, I hope you make it out too, I'm looking forward to meeting with you and support all the work you've been doing for TIM!
Peace Be With
-WBB
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  06:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I talked to TR the other day he said there would be a possibility of a 1 or 2 more shows out there before the fall tour. He wants to try everything out before we undertake the long haul, so I am sure you will get an opportunity over the summer. Keep checking the message board or get on the emailing list so you don't miss the date when it gets announced. Hope to see you there.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  07:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been on the email list for the last few months now, was there an update sent out for this show? The previous ones arrived in my mailbox just fine - but I hope nobody that has the opp. to go misses this one.
-WBB
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  01:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been on the mailing list too and recieved nothing so far. I think I signed up at the end of May, have there been any e-mails?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  04:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I sent one out just the other day about this show. If you are on the list you should have recieved it. I know other folks got it because I was inundated with responses from recipients. LMK your email addys and I will check and make sure everything is OK with them. You can email them to me if you do not want to post them here. Here is the post I sent to the email list:

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to pass on a little last minute info
that I recieved today. TR will be performing at The Paramount B Bar
in Santa Fe NM on Thursday June 27th. Doors will open around 9pm with
the show to follow shortly thereafter. You can expect this to be an
extension of the most recent ChaosView tour. I like to call this
performance ChaosViewExtrapolation.

Main Entry: ex·trap·o·late
Pronunciation: ik-'stra-p&-"lAt
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -lat·ed; -lat·ing
Etymology: Latin extra outside + English -polate (as in interpolate) —
more at EXTRA-
Date: 1874
transitive senses

2 a : to project, extend, or expand (known data or experience) into
an area not known or experienced so as to arrive at a usually
conjectural knowledge of the unknown area.

on others>
: to perform the act or process of extrapolating
- ex·trap·o·la·tion /-"stra-p&-'lA-sh&n/ noun
- ex·trap·o·la·tive /-'stra-p&-"lA-tiv/ adjective
- ex·trap·o·la·tor /-"lA-t&r/ noun

I am told TR will now compliment his sonic battery with a multi-media
visual shock to the system as well. It sounds very interesting and TR
is quite excited about it. He says this is really how he always
pictured presenting the ChaosView material. Hopefully, we will be
able to take a version of the ChaosViewExtrapolation show out on the
road with us in the fall. Work has started on fall dates but there
are not confirmed dates at this TIMe. I will pass them along as soon
as I have anything concrete. In the meantime, if you are in the Santa
Fe NM area, I highly recommend checking out this show. It sounds like
it should be quite interesting and unique. Yet another facet to the
multi-faceted faces of TR. Thanx again for all the support on the
last ChaosView tour and we hope to see alot more of you in the fall.
I am told that the photos page at TimReynolds.com will be updated
very soon, so stop by and check it out. Also, the message board has
really been hopping. Links to both can be found on the main page of
TimReynolds.com. As always, we appreciate the support.

Peace and Keep the Faith
Fluffy Centner
TimReynolds.com

for more info on what to expect from the upcoming show, please check
this link on the message board:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2028

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
TimReynoldsFans-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  07:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It arrived in my mailbox today (Wed. the 26th of June), maybe it's because I'm overseas - but all the same, would you check my email addy out to make sure everything is kosher with the road rules team: powdrdogdmb@yahoo.com. Thanks Fluffy.
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  07:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way Fluffy, I forwarded the show info. to my friends in Albuquerque and Santa Fe so I hope a few of them have the TIMe to catch the show...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy COW! That sounds like an amazing show! I couldnt even imagine what visuals would do, I have a feeling it will really add a lot.. just take a look at Tool shows, it is a total sesory overload with sound, sight, and movement. I hope Kyle video tapes this one. And for all of you New Mexicans.. I WANNA HEAR A REPORT! Hey Mike, are you out there? Do you plan on doing sound again?

CHOAS VIEW: SESORY OVERLOAD!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  10:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey powderdogdmb, Thanx for sharing the info with your friends, I hope they can make it. I check your email addy and everything is fine. I never claimed to understand computers, the internet, or even how email works. It has never made alot of sense to me why one person recieves it in seconds and another it takes a couple of days. Maybe it has something to with your server.(whatever that is, Listen to me, I talk like I know what I am talking about HEHE) Anyway, glad you got it and hope it doesn't take so long next TIMe.

Hey Kevin, I just wanted to point out that the word is SENSORY. I could just be a typo but I noticed you typed it twice that way.

Main Entry: sen·so·ry
Pronunciation: 'sen(t)s-rE, 'sen(t)-s&-rE
Function: adjective
Date: 1749
1 : of or relating to sensation or to the senses
2 : conveying nerve impulses from the sense organs to the nerve centers : AFFERENT

Hell, if I was 10 hours away from that show, I would be there. Unfornately, by my calculations I am about 30 hours away. UGHHH If I was 10 hours away I would be leaving right now. That show is gonna be so kewl, definitely SENSORY OVERLOAD(in a great way).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2002 :  4:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey dmbman41, TR says recording should be OK. Probably won't be able to get a board patch so come prepared with mikes. As for the autograph, look for him after the show. He is usually more than happy to sign and autograph. Enjoy the show, wish I could go.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  12:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I went to a show on the last tour I waited after the show and went into the stage area. TR was standing there signing autographs with everyone it was really cool. I started a conversation with him and we must of talked for about 10 mins or so, it was one of the best experiences of my life. Tim a guitar god? I think so!

Go to Top of Page

kenn5150
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  3:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I am truly lucky to live in Santa Fe. I went to Tim's show.

The short story is "It was a killer show!" I went with a friend who did not know anything about Tim (he didn't even know about some guy named Dave). He kept asking questions like, "So who is this guy? What's his name again?" Well by the middle of the show he was one of the converted. He's counting the moments until he's honored and blessed to see Tim perform again.

Usually Tim plays Bar B, a smaller room at the Paramount, but this time he played the Paramount. He had a standard stage setup with the addition of a rear projection screen over head. Because of the size of the stage area Tim had to have the screen over head but after the show he said that he's working on getting everything to stage level. The over head set-up distracts from Tim in the fact that you seem to start watching tv with a killer sound track because the images Tim has selected are so powerful. At times the images draw you in so fiercely that you almost forget that Tim's on stage. (I know, it's hard to believe but it happened.)

The images projected were stunning and wonderful. Lots of cool animation. I don't know the proper name for the style of animation but it's very realistic. The first third of the show or show dealt with lots of "outer space" types of images. The middle was mostly "CNN" stuff, George Sr., Saddam, Panama, etc. The death, destruction and senselessness of war and violence. Very powerful. Very intense. Plus the added voice of Tim and his "band" pounding out the beat to supplement and re-enforce the images. The last third of the show was a blend of CNN and animation mixed very well. One clip that everyone commented on was a animation of a guy walking with his girlfriend they stop to fill up a gas can and you start to think, "naw, he's not going to do that." The clip has a lot of anger, you can see it in the faces and the bodies as the characters talk to each other. As they walk and talk the anger builds. Finally the guy sits down cross-legged in front of an office building, pours the gas on himself and tosses a match. The characters in the background continue to walk as if nothing happened and he burns into a puddle. Yes, I know it's only animation but damn it was so realistic. That lead into more "CNN" war coverage, bullet riddled cars, bodies and more bodies. All the while Tim letting his instruments make a statement, war and violence suck.

Tim said goodnight but never left the stage going right into his 5 or 6 song encore. The show started at about 9:50 local time and ran until midnight.

As always, I'm truly blessed and lucky anytime I see Tim perform. It's an honor for me to be in his presence.

peace happiness rock 'n roll
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  4:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the GREAT review Kenn! Wonderful description of the visuals. Glad you had such a good time. I wonder if anyone took pictures of the setup? Anyone?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  5:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kenn, Fluffy here. It was great meeting you Santa Fe. Glad you got to check out the show, sure wish I could have been there. Thanx for the most excellent review. Did you get a chance to talk to TR and see how he felt it went, whether he was happy with it? Glad to see you on the board, look forward to running into you on here if not in person.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  6:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like an extremely super show. And great review kenn5150. Really.

Fluffy, how would TIM have programmed all of that in his computer? Or what does he use, maybe I should say. I remember when we talked, you were saying that he's less than inclined toward computer activities, and I would say that matching video to audio (that's live to boot) isn't just a basic computer user activity. Does someone do it for him and then just tell him which buttons to push when it's time? Or does he actually do it himself? And as far as the animations and whatnot, wouldn't he almost necessarily have to get them from the internet? If so, then he's better at all this than I thought...Any insights?

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  6:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will have to ask him. I think he has someone running it all for him. That is the impression I got, but I don't know for sure. There was talk of possibly bringing another person on tour next TIMe to run all the other stuff so I doubt it was TR running it. I will see if I can get somemore details.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  6:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

There was talk of possibly bringing another person on tour next TIMe.

Ok Fluffy, I'll go.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

dmbman41
Is Anybody Here?

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  8:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wuts up dat show was so tight man!!! u gusy r gona luv it if he does dta more we hung out w/time and his wife! NICE PEOPLE!!

Mike Mares
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  8:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What???.........did anyone understand that?........Could someone stop this message board....I'd like to get off.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  8:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb said:
quote:

I'd like to get off.

MWAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Yep. Wouldn't we all. DOWN WITH KIFFEN!!

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  11:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And UP WITH SKIRTS!!!!

Go to Top of Page

kenn5150
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  05:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy,
It was great meeting you and Rew in SF also. Cool times.
I did talk to TR after the show and he seemed happy. I did mention that the positioning of the screen was not the best and he agreed.

I can't believe that I wasn't registered on the board. I was sure that I had signed up quite a while back. Oh well. I'm here now (again).

Stay cool!

peace happiness rock 'n roll
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  08:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Amazing review. Thanks so much for telling us all about it!
Fluffy is this what we have to look forward to for the fall?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2002 :  11:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We will have to see Liz. That ones one of the reasons TR was trying it out on home turf, to see if it is feasible to take on the road. That is one of the reasons I wanted to go so bad. I am worried we will see a scaled down version of it. TR really wants to do the whole show so hopefully we can work it out. Keep your fingers crossed. I wanna see that show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  08:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fluffy is this what we have to look forward to for the fall?

LizK, maybe the OXFORD MS show can be the board tourly show this year....hehe (I'm that psychomology stuff. Huhuhuh)

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  8:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And tell him not to come to L.A.........hehe.....that's vererse psychomology stuff.....

Go to Top of Page

MoonHawk
Is Anybody Here?

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  7:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Tims wife was running the images. Some of the computer animation is available to buy, the animation at the end is from a certain artist (animator) and ran at some festible I think. If I find out the name of the story I will post it. Meet Ken there he is a cool guy. Hope to talk to you soon Ken about ZOZO. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO SANTE FE WHEN TIM PLAYS. THE DRIVE IS WORTH IT.

Not to touch the earth
Go to Top of Page

MoonHawk
Is Anybody Here?

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  7:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Tims wife was running the images. Some of the computer animation is available to buy, the animation at the end is from a certain artist (animator) and ran at some festible I think. If I find out the name of the story I will post it. Meet Ken there he is a cool guy. Hope to talk to you soon Ken about ZOZO. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO SANTE FE WHEN TIM PLAYS. THE DRIVE IS WORTH IT.

Not to touch the earth
Go to Top of Page

MoonHawk
Is Anybody Here?

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  7:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Not to touch the earth
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  11:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't doubt for one second that a 16 hour drive would be worth coming to see TIM, but at this time and with about 166,000 on my truck, I don't think that's particularly feasable....

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Me neither......when my odometer is broken (so i guess I'm getting 0 miles to the gallon)....and when my gas gauge reaches below 1/2 a tank, it moves up and down a lot so you can't tell how much is left in the car......and when I have to fill my car up with water every couple weeks because the water hose is broken......I don't think I'd make it out of California.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  03:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(posted by MOONHAWK)
quote:
Posted - 06/29/2002 : 8:52:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SHOW WAS AWESOME. Tim played some great songs from Petroglyph, Astral Projections, ID( I think ) He also did some acoustic stuff off the last couple albums. Would like to see a set list from this show and the show at the Bar B for the first leg of Chaos View. Fluffy do you think you can get them posted? Was hoping to see (meet) you at the show. You missed a GOOD one! The multimedia stuff was Kick Ass tripping at the beginning and then moved into real footage of the Panama invasion that was put forth by that dictator minded dumb ass george bush( mind control, propoganda for US history , the stupidity of the average man is contoled by propoganda, goverened by asses in masses)( Tim is to cool).The Panama thing is what made me vote for clinton. But anyway it was intense. The computer imaging at the start was great space stuff, wild robot stuff, seeding the world. The only problem was the screen was above Tims head. And well I missed alot of it because rather watch Tim play!! Hope if he takes it on the road he can project the images behind him. Remember how Rush projected the image on a screen behind them but the projector was backstage. I think it was great to have some acoustic stuff with the electic stuff. Hope all can get out to see this when it gets out on the road. Cant wait to see it again Aug.1 are you going to show up for that one Fluffy. Hope to see (meet) you then. Tim RULES as you all know and the effort of out put is astounding. Got to talk to Tim and his wife after the show GREAT people as well as great artists. THANKS for the inspiration.

Not to touch the earth

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000