Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Flecktones Fans...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Finally some definative info on their new dvd/album. This is from their site:

"Acclaimed Grammy-winners Béla Fleck and the Flecktones will release their first ever DVD on February 12, 2002, featuring live concert footage showcasing their genre-bending mix of bluegrass, jazz, and pop influences. The DVD will be released simultaneously with a companion live CD on Columbia Records, and is culled from two sold-out shows in Fairfield, Connecticut. The release features full 5.1 Dolby Surround sound, and is augmented by special features including band and guest musician interviews, and documentary footage."

I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to buying this baby!! Is it Feb 12th yet?

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will definitely get that. The Flecktones rule. I also can’t' wait for this bastard:

http://www.andallthatcouldhavebeen.com/

-Xar666

I never hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This might be a little off topic, but I was considering buying one of their albums. Which one should I buy? (only one as I know you'll try to sell as many as possible...like when someone asks what Tim album to buy and you tell him/her all of them).

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  12:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Left of Cool is the first Flecktones album I got into. It's a really great album. The newest one, Outbound, as great as it is, seems a little overdone to me in some ways... for one thing, there's a lot of guests. So as far as studio albums go, I think you'd really enjoy Left of Cool. I gotta say too though that Live Art is great... really gives you a taste of a lot of their stuff and has the energy you can only really get from a live situation, so maybe that might be the first thing you'd wanna check out.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  6:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah for your first album you might want to stay away from their earlier albums since their sound has evolved a bit. I think I would also sugest Left Of Cool (It was my 1st disc of theirs). I like Outbound a lot as well. They also have a best of cd that you can't go wrong with.

I would hold off on getting Live Art... I have a feeling that this new live disc might be even better.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  6:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, and thanks for posting that NIN clip. I'd never seen that before. "JHC" That looks bad-ass!! and that comes out Jan 22nd right? Thats only a week and a half away.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  6:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Left of Cool is my favorite! Outbound is good too. I enjoy a little Bela bluegrass from time to time (Bluegrass Sessions, tales from the acoustic planet, vol 2). I picked up Breathe, the Bluegrass Tribute to the songs of DMB, and it's also worth listening to if you like a little foot stomping music. Bela's got some solo shows in my area next month, I hope I'm off from work so I can go to one. Thanks for the info on the DVD Kevin, it's a must have!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2002 :  7:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Live Art, great CD, and my first Bela Fleck experince, after hearing Victor Wooten add his kick ass bass touch to #41 on Live at Chicago. It's a great cd.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  01:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My first Bela experience was from the Warehouse 5. A friend of mine somehow managed to get it even though neither of us were a part of the Warehouse. Anyway, he had this kick-ass solo on #41 that (along with Moore) made the song 21 minutes. It's so cool.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  09:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats awesome, especially because I'll be seeing them live February 9th MWAHAHA

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  04:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm bringing this topic back up to the top because I just saw an ad for a Bela Fleck and the Flecktones concert airing on Direct TV all this month. I'm betting that it's the same concert that's coming out in February, but for all you that can't wait, they're showing it now.

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  1:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is the same concert, for those interested there is info on their website: www.flecktones.com

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big Flecktones Fan here!
Thanx Thanx

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly