ew!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  10:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
information just reached me that limp bizkit did a cover of opiate by tool. does this induce a hateful wrath in anyone else?

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  10:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet merciful crap!!! My song!!!
I think it might induce vomiting! What next, is he gonna cover Satellite?!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  01:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh lordy, they just dont have the talent to play that, why even bother?

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  02:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Its actually a rather old, they did it back in the day before the nookie and shit i think.

Staind also did a cover of sober aboot a year back or so. its ok but its all down a half step, not just the droped d so it sounds weird... and the guitar/drums suck ass on it, but bass is ok and vocals are better then most on covering maynard. but its down a half step.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  11:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Toolshed had a little blurb about the Staind cover a while back, aparently they did a super slow acoustic version at some Radio Station shindig and now a few other radio stations picked it up adn started playing it. I've yet to find it on Morpheus, though I don't like peopel covering Tool (unless its a string quartet Mmmmm). Anyway here's the link, its a little ways down;

http://toolshed.down.net/0001.html

I have an MP3 of Duhrst doing Opiate, he's covered a few other Tool songs live too, not sure which tho. Anyway the recording of Opiate is awful;

"My gods will.... NEW YORK, YEAH!"

*shudders*

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  5:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they're also having open auditions for a new guitarist ... grab the new guitar world magazine and check out the full page ad. hehehehehehe

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  5:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was surfing the tv channels today, and my little one cracked me up. Limpdick, opps,I mean Limp Bizkit was getting some award on MTV. Out of the blue she said, "Limp Bizkit is getting an award, they SUCK!!" I was shocked! I said to her, you shouldn't be saying that word, and who told you that? Her reply was "my brain"! I thought you guys would appreciate that! By the way, she's 8 going on 18. Pretty scary!!!!
Go to Top of Page

TRent
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  12:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Send TRent an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i seen that add. man limpdick is a joke.

Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  01:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
"Limp Bizkit is getting an award, they SUCK!!" I was shocked! I said to her, you shouldn't be saying that word, and who told you that? Her reply was "my brain"!

Thats hilarious. Nice to see the future of this land actually thinking for themselves.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

FredDurst
Is Anybody Here?

19 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  11:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where's the LOVE? What if I cover Tim Reynolds next? Then "What Would You Say?"

FD "KING OF ALL I SURVEY"
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  02:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see you try and cover TR. Newsflash! This just in! TR's music has no words!

Oh and BTW, WWYS is DMB.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  3:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
where's the love? i threw it into mount doom. go get it.

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  3:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEHE I can just imagine Fred Durst trying to like Scat or Vocal Adlib along with some Wayfarer or something.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  4:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
One quality of an artist can be measured by their covers...

Tim: Bach, Peter Gabriel
SRV: Hendrix
Dave: Johnny Cash, Hendrix
Hendrix: Dillon

Durst: George Michael

-J

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  4:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You forgot a few silky:

Dave: Marilyn Manson, Chet Atkins (he did dixie chicken right?), Led Zeppelin, Beatles.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  4:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing Freddy "doink doink" limpdurst should cover is his member. Oh wait his penis is inverted, he doesnt need to cover it. Make that his head...his big fat head...wait Freddy only has one head. Now I'm confusing everyone.....GEEZ!

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  5:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, he should cover his face. with a plastic bag.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2002 :  04:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Isaac said:
quote:
You forgot a few silky:

Dave: Marilyn Manson, Chet Atkins (he did dixie chicken right?), Led Zeppelin, Beatles.

I checked YOUR sources and indeed you are correct. Good point, well made! I won't offer MY opinion here as it is just propaganda that I spout. I have no real opinions of my own. And certainly no facts to back them up.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000