teh conversation help between me and a good friend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  12:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What is god?
THE computor answers that IT is god...

Society is falling apart...i'm pitched into the bullcrap of it everyday. Just aboot everything in America's society is based on money, and the lastest fity dollar shirt form A&F...look at the music...look at the T.V. shows...where is everybody? YOu should see the people at my school, Jesus, they're all like zombies...they all look the same, listen to the same shit, talk the same way, and they pick on me for wearing stuff from the thrift store, they pick on my tweed sport coat and my golf hat...why? to make them look like a better person...it's all aboot social acceptance...sorry, just thought i'd whine here because i'm so fed up with society and i need to whine...sorry...

Jay
Then I got to thinking, what makes you want to go?
To know the wHErefore & the Why.
SO many times now, oh I can't remember,
If it's September or July

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  02:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no don't apologize. Most people are assholes and there is little if anything you could do about it. All I can say is to hold on until you get to college. The environment is much more laid back and most people are nice. But the girls are the ones that take longer to get used to the environment! I don't mean to offend any but almost all of the freshman at college are stuck in this high-school-have-to-date-the-captain-of-the-football-team-and giggle-with-their-girlfriends-about-the-stupidest-shit attitude. That's why I go after older girls.

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  03:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most people are morons. I am 24 and now realize this. It has always been this way through the ages. There is no god. You will find that most people are mainstream and you have to deal with it and find the 10% that are cool and original. Just download this show or email me for a B&P and watch Tim tear it up. Happy Fucking New Year!

http://solo22.abac.com/jsmcfaddin/d&t/

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  03:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But the girls are the ones that take longer to get used to the environment!

Where did you go to college? I'm thinking it wasn't with the geek girls. We pretty much got over the "captain of the football team" thing when we were 12.

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  12:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, my town to a tee. speak the same, dress the same, listen to the same music. they make fun of me too. i don't care. i am not the product of a brain dead, soul dead consumer culture. next time someone wearing an a&f shirt says something to you, just remember that they have lost their soverngity (sp) to a company. every time you see a logo on a shirt, it's just a way for that company to enslave people by having them advertise for free.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  1:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's really funny when the preps tell me i should wear some stupid brand of clothes and i tell them that i don't need that crap, i can just buy a whole bunch of plain t-shirts and write American Eagle on them with a marker, and it'll be ust the same, because all that they want is to look good aorund their "Friends"...why is it that you always hear the preps talking aobut their little boyfrineds and girlfriends breaking up with them, and their other friends fighting, it's becasue they don't see the real person until they accually spend time with them...I think having a few really good friends is better than having tons of poeple that just tolerate you becasue you can spend 100 bucks on two shirts...oh well...i can't change it...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  1:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Most people are morons... It has always been this way through the ages. There is no god.

I'm not following your logic. Because most people are morons, there is no God? How does one convince you of the other?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  7:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where did you go to college?

Actually I currently go to LMU in Southern California right by LAX.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  9:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well darn, there goes my theory. Maybe it's something to do with going to college too near Hollywood? It keeps the geek girl to zombie girl ratio too low...

Hey, we're neighbors. Do you like to eat at the In 'n' Out Burger by LAX where you can watch planes land? Great food and great entertainment.

teri

p.s. I have a friend that teaches ROTC at LMU. Are you in ROTC by any chance?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  03:28:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
it's just a way for that company to enslave people by having them advertise for free.

I understand what you meant, but for others, lets make this very clear. Ironically, People pay alot of money to advertise for A+F(and many other likeminded business which will remain nameless BENETTON, BANANA REPUBLIC, GAP, and the list goes on and on). I think that is even crazier. They should be giving you the shirt for FREE. Then it would be FREE advertising. I bet everyone wearing an A+F shirt either paid a fortune to advertise for them or someone else paid a fortune and gave it to them to advertise for A+F. Either way A+F gets it on both ends and we just get it in the ass!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  03:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Most people are morons... It has always been this way through the ages. There is no god.

quote:
I'm not following your logic. Because most people are morons, there is no God? How does one convince you of the other?

Hey Teri, You know where I stand on this issue, so just for fun let me play devils advocate!(seems appropriate since Xar is involved)

If any self-respecting God claimed that all men were created in his image, do you actually think he would let MORONS walk around representing him? Therefore if you buy that then you have to assume(we all know what happens when you assume, U make and ASS out of U and ME)that if MORONS are walking around, there really can be no GOD. Food for thought! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  11:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
someone who believes that the bible is the absolute truth (not me) would say that god gave us free will.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  2:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Never thought aboot that Fluffy...hey...it's the last day of the year...cool...i'll see Abe tonite...that'll be fun...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, I was just wondering if you had checked my spelling on this one yet.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
What is god?
THE computor answers that IT is god...

Wasn't that from that Dean R Koontz movie "Phantoms"?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wondered what the hell that was.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've questioned the existence of God or a higher power before. What if "God" was a UFO, Jesus was a half alien baby, born from Mary, who was impregnated by the aliens aboard the "God" craft one night. Our whole religion could be based upon aliens.

As of now though, I do indeed belive in God. Though some proof either way would always be welcome. And no, the Bible is not proof enough for me. I just envision this guy many years ago saying "Hey, I have this GREAT idea for a story!!"...

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Or what if Jesus was a person from the future (near or not) that could time travel.
Orson Scott Card makes a hell of a case for this in Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus. It is really really amazing. He usually writes SciFi, but this is what they call (I think) "Alternate History" where the author doesn't change history, per se, but just explains it in a manner that isn't normal. Like Jesus being from the future and all that might come with that (which is a lot, if you think thru it all).

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jay, Was I right?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oe of the presidents in the forties or fifties asked one of the computors that were just being made what god was, and it replied that IT was god...it was on TV and

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it might have ben in Phanoms,too, Fluffy...it was a pretty big shocker to everyone...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  3:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really think it was or something very close. Does anyone know? My friend Frank has the video, I will check next time I am out at his house.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  3:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen that movie for a long TIMe. I'll have to see it again... I wouldn't b suprised if that that was in there. It mde aot of people hate computors...if they could only se how the world is run by them now...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  4:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WARGAMES was an awesome "World-at-the-mercy-of-computers" movie. I really liked that. I don't know if it made anyone hate computers or not. I always have and still do. Gee i hope my computer doesn't catch me typing that. God knows what it might do to me.......

arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! HEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!! (SQUISH)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  5:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i can't stand them either...mostly becasue i can't type for shit...

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  11:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

someone who believes that the bible is the absolute truth (not me) would say that god gave us free will.

Before and after the Rose Parade, people were walking with signs that said stuff like

"God caused Sept. 11th"
"Islamic beliefs are those of Satan"

I thought that those were hilarious. People were throwing coffee cups at them. My friend had the funniest idea. He said that he wanted to walk down the parade route holding a sign that said "My name is Joe and I am carrying a sign."

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If any self-respecting God claimed that all men were created in his image, do you actually think he would let MORONS walk around representing him? Therefore if you buy that then you have to assume(we all know what happens when you assume, U make and ASS out of U and ME)that if MORONS are walking around, there really can be no GOD.

One analogy that comes to mind is God being like a parent. Our parents give us life, raise us, and send us out into the world. They often want us to be just like them, but they can't control how we live our lives. If we end up being morons, there's not much they can do. Just think how many parents would choose not to have their kids if they could see how they'd turn out. God knows what morons we are and loves us anyway.

Sorry that's so sappy, but you asked.

teri

p.s. I just realized I sort of paraphrased the parable of the prodigal son. A bit.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You don't learn if you don't ask!!

but ya gotta admit mine was pretty good or at least pretty witty! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are right. Someone just did say that.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You don't learn if you don't ask!!

but ya gotta admit mine was pretty good or at least pretty witty! HEHE

You play good tennis on this court (er, thread) too!

love ya!
teri :)

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

WARGAMES was an awesome "World-at-the-mercy-of-computers" movie.

I just wanted to mention Terminator and Matrix as two other shining examples of "WATMOC" movies.

I guess I should go to bed now.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That quote I used to have for my signature:

And on the 8th day, God created the art of war, and laughing, planned the end.

Makes me think of God as a child, in a race of superior beings, and we're all puppets in his "play time".

Makes you wonder what will happen when its time for him to wash up for dinner....and play time's over....

Adam

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  05:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I bet God is gonna have Kraft Cheese and macaroni for dinner. I sure hope he invites me over for dinner while you all perish in ARMAGEDDON.(Doah! Thats not very nice, but when it comes to Cheese and mac, Do ya blame me?)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  1:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe his parents will let him eat his cheese and macaroni while he plays. But then he'll spill it on our world, and will will rain Kraft Chesse and Macaroni!!!!

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  2:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DEFINITION of HEAVEN:
quote:
it will rain Kraft Chesse and Macaroni!!!!

Like the episode of the Simpsons when it was raining doughnuts!!!

Homer=Doughnuts
Fluffy=CHEESE & Macaroni

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  6:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Marge, will you please pass a doughnut?
What's a doughnut?
Aaaaaaahhhhh!
Oh look, it's raining again.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  6:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy:Teri will you please pass the Cheese & Macaroni?
Teri:Whats Cheese & Macaroni
Fluffy:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Teri:Oh look its raining again
(scene)outside window cheesy macaroni is raining from the sky and sadly, Fluffy doesn't notice.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  6:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
by the way pcbdmb, both of the above passages took place in a DUAL reality. One on the Simpsons and the other in Bizarro World!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  6:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well since I'm leaving I'll have to say Hello!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  7:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TOUCHE!!
this is a word used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point. Hey it looks like that means that TOUCHE is one of those words with what class?
Thats right!!! DUAL meanings!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  7:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LEAE IT TOO WHOEVER STARTED TALKING TO GIVE EACH WORD MORE THAN ONE MEANING...O WELL, MAYBE I SHOUL LAY OF THE________________(BOOTS, MAYO,WEED,OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU CAN THINK UP)

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  7:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
LEAE IT TOO WHOEVER STARTED TALKING TO GIVE EACH WORD MORE THAN ONE MEANING...O WELL, MAYBE I SHOUL LAY OF THE________________(BOOTS, MAYO,WEED,OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU CAN THINK UP)

You left out the "V" in LEAVE, Too many "O"s in TOO, it's WHOMEVER, and you left out the "D" in SHOULD. RU HIGH? Maybe you shoulD LAY OFF THE WEED, JAY!!
You don't want to play this game with me! Just ask pcbdmb, but just ask him ONCE!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  11:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Seems like Past Watch is brought up a lot in discussions these days..what a great book i'm with pcdmb on this one.

And what does everyone say Cheese and macaroni?! Everyone around here (oregon) calls it mac n' cheese. freaks!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2002 :  12:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Seems like Past Watch is brought up a lot in discussions these days..what a great book i'm with pcdmb on this one.

?Que?

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2002 :  03:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

?Que?

Yeah! What are you talkin' about?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2002 :  04:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A long time ago, in a post far far away, Fluffy said:
quote:
One of the funniest episodes of the SIMPSONS for me was when Homer kept waking up in the alternate(DUAL)realities and in one of them he woke up and asked for donuts for breakfast and everybody looked at him and said "DONUTS, what are donuts?" As Homer screams, he fails to notice that outside the kitchen window it is raining DONUTS. HEHE I love that one.

Here is the reference, for those who care:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=842

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2002 :  10:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wanna know what the Past Watch comment was all about. Does it have anything to do with donuts or Mac & Cheese?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  03:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, that was what I was referring to.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  07:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DaveS said:
quote:

What the hell are you talking about? No one mentioned this PAST WATCH thing, least of all pc"B"dmb. Enlighten us ignant cheese and macaroni eaters!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  11:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, I did mention Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus by Orson Scott Card, but I don't know how it figures into the Cheese and Mac converstaion....

quote:
Or what if Jesus was a person from the future (near or not) that could time travel.
Orson Scott Card makes a hell of a case for this in Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus. It is really really amazing. He usually writes SciFi, but this is what they call (I think) "Alternate History" where the author doesn't change history, per se, but just explains it in a manner that isn't normal. Like Jesus being from the future and all that might come with that (which is a lot, if you think thru it all).

I mean that was this thread and all....but I guess I was off topic or something.

Anywho, what the hell he was talking about I have no idea.....please enlighten us Dave S.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  03:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NOW I GET IT. Sorry I missed that whole Orson Scott Card reference. I haven't read that book; the only ones I've read by him are Lost Boys (short and long versions), The Changed Man, and the Ender series.

An ex-Mormon friend of mine recommended the aforementioned, but said the rest of Card's books reminded him of the mormon church; that scared me away from them.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  09:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ender's Game is my favorite book in the world. Followed closely or maybe tied with Ender's Shadow. The whole series, tho....well, maybe it leaves something to be desired....

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  2:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ender's Game is my favorite book in the world. Followed closely or maybe tied with Ender's Shadow. The whole series, tho....well, maybe it leaves something to be desired....

I liked Speaker for the Dead and the other books. I'm not sure if any other women like them, but I do know most guys don't. I must just be a weirdo. (With a brother like Fluffy though, that's not surprising.)

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  3:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Basically, if I rated the other books in the Ender Series (not the Ender's Shadow series, cause they are separate) on a 10 point scale, I would do this.

Ender's Game - 10
Speaker - 8
Xenocide - 5
Children - 2

I just don't like the last one or two. They just drop off really fast after Ender's Game, to me. I like Ender's Shadow, but Shadow of the Hegemon is basically the same; it drops off pretty fast for me too. Too political.

Hey did you know they are reprinting EG in a "Young Reader's Series"? That's cool. Just has larger type and all that. I can dig it.

I've read a bunch of his other books. Some are good, some aren't as good. Even his non-sci fi stuff is pretty good, I think. He's just an all around great writer.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  5:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That reminds me -- I still need to read Shadow of the Hegemon. I think I was waiting for the paperback...

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  5:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya vol, me too, and then I saw the paperback in the store and realized I had almost forgotten about that book. So I 'scooped that up' and read it right quick...pretty good, but too political for me.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000