New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greyum
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  5:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
just registered and everything. I'm really beginning to become obsessed with Tim Reynolds and I saw him live in Laramie, WY last year. I've enjoyed his work with Dave Matthews Band and now I am sure I would like to start collecting his albums. Can anyone recommend which album I should buy first, or that I would enjoy the most? That'd be awesome. Also, tell me if you agree that Tim should play with Radiohead sometime!

greyum

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  6:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD!

well I'm guessing that you prefer his acoustic stuff, since you mentioned Dave. I'd recommend(in order): Nomadic Wavelength, Stream, See Into Your Soul, and Gossip of the Nuerons(those last two can be interchanged)

I haven't gotten into his electric stuff yet, but I know for a fact that someomr will definetely help you out.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  6:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Acoustic I would put Gossip Of the Neurons first, followed by Nomadic Wavelength. Then Stream and then See Into Your Soul.

The only electric I have is Sanctuary, and I would recommend it, anyway. So I guess you could say it is first on the electric side, if you want to....I don't know. But it is good, either way. Also, it is 2 discs, and the second has some acoustic as well, so you could get a good mix with that one.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  6:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you need to do is listen to alot of different live stuff, and get a feel for what you like best about his music. If you really like the pure acoustic ability I recommend getting Nomadic Wavelength and then Stream, but if you also really like the effects he adds into his stuff I recommend Gossip of the Neurons.

While Radiohead is one of my top 5 bands, I don't think their sound would work with Tim's. But Tim makes anything sound better, so who knows.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  10:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Welcome aBOARD!

and that goes double for me! HEHE

Welcome aBOARD!
Welcome aBOARD!

sounds like everyone has offered up some good advice on suggestions for you. My order would go:

Gossip of the Neurons
Nomadic Wavelength
See Into Your Soul
Stream

obviously that is the order for just acoustic CDs. If you want to check out some electric you can download ID a double CD of TR for free from TimReynolds.com That is a good place to start, and if you like that, Astral Projection and Live Puke Matrix, in no particular order. Thanx again for joining us here in the looney bin!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  10:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh and if you want a little bit of everything(acoustic/electric) try "Sanctuary", a double disc with some acoustic some electric some instrumental some with vocals. That may help you estabish where you want to venture next in TR's catalog. ENJOY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2002 :  2:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AS-TRAL-PRO-JEC-TION!!!!!!

Gossip is good acoustic too, I like Stream also. But Astral hasn't left my CD player since I got it a couple weeks ago.

(I was trying to write it like Timmy sings it in that song...oh well :))

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

chip616
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send chip616 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some great acoustic albums include Stream, which is my all time favorite, and also the first disc of sanctuary, incredible.
But for the electric stuff I'd have to recommend Puke Matrix, and Astral Projection, and if your connection is fast definately check out ID.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  4:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey Guitar Guy, Isn't Indoctinate on Astral Projection? How did you like TR's acoustic version in Iowa City? Very Unusual! That was never done b4 or since. Turns out you saw the only performance. Too bad it had to be under such rotten conditions!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  03:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes it was indeed interesting. I was into it though. I'm sure the fact that Tim did that had a lot to do with him being pissed at the crowd. I actually thought it was cool enough that I've done a "cover" of that a few times at gigs with my band. Done a cool loop with my DD5 and DL4 and screamed those lyrics. Most people in the audience are like "Wha?!" But we/I like doing odd things like that, that throw people off. After we get through with it, I tell them it's a little something by Tim Reynolds. We also cover Beneath The Surface, It's Dead, Hornet's Nest, and Bowl of the Alter. I've been working on figuring out the guitar and bass parts for Indoctrinate and other songs off of Astral, but I haven't had much time, or gotten very far :)

Adam

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  07:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats all very kewl!! I am sure TR will be very honored and I bet it makes him laugh!!

BECOME the MUSIC!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000