New Website Idea ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2001 :  2:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, so I'm really bored and I came up with this idea that I'll probably persue ... since I've already designed 1/2 of the damn thing anyway.

What would you guys think of a website that allowed users to list all of their B&P and Tradeable music? Basically, you signup (for free) and list all the stuff that you have (that you can legally trade). Other registered users would be able to search the database and find what they're looking for and send you a message requesting a trade or B&P.

Users would be able to flag themselves as 'Not Available For Trading' or 'Available for Trade Requests' - so if you're busiy doing a 200 CD B&P/Trade, you won't get bothered.

It also has a rating system, where users can rate other users and the quality of the media received.

Or course, it'll have other cool features like a message board, private messaging system, etc.

What do you think? Should I do it? I could probably have it up and running in a week or two. I'm just wondering if there would be a large enough interest to warrant it ... and make it useful.

Like I said, I already have the site design done and most of the database code written :) Hell, I even have a domain name that I could use for it (put one of the many I own to good use).

I wouldn't host any files on the web server, I'd have to probably partner with someone who has the bandwith to host an FTP site, but that would be a future addition.

Comments, suggestions?

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2001 :  2:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, it sounds good to me. But minarets was the same idea. Granted it doesn't work now, but there are bunches upon bunches of others. One I use is bootleglists.com It is the same idea as you had, but more generous with allowing HTML to be written instead of filling out forms.

As for interest, I don't know. I probably wouldn't want to have to make another whole list. But if the forum was good enough (and I have no reason to doubt that it would be) then I might.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2001 :  2:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm just bored .. have lots of time on my hands and I like to be constructive when there's nothing to do. I usually write computer programs or make websites that I never even use.

Just once I'd like to put an idea into the world ... this perhaps isn't it, but I have many more. All of my websites are either offline, or no longer maintained.

Did I mention that I'm getting REALLY bored?

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000