Show Reviews
 10/23/08 Otto's DeKalb, IL TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  11:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I got back last night around 3 AM from the show, then I had to wake up early to get ready for the shoot this afternoon that will last until midnight... then I have wedding tomorrow which will last until... again, midnight.. I am gonna try to make it Double Door after the wedding since it's not gonna be far away from reception area... so enough about bitching... I mean, c'mon, watching those video that I shot last night makes me forget about all the stress and tired body..
I have to make this short... gotta burn March Double Door DVDs for TR3 members and Fluffy for tommorow.

Here is the setlist:

Cave Man
Victory Express
Indoctrinate
Ohio
Natural Mystic
Move on Ahead
Do you Wanna
Donkey Bong
How many more times
Matte Kudasai
Backdoor
Skeleton Walls
Industrial complex
Burning Season
Uncover the Reason
Face Off
STREAM
Wild Country
Sex Machine
Ley Lines
Kabbalah
Hocus Pocus
--------------
Soul Sacrifice

So... as you can see, TIM played Stream solo with elec guitar (people were chanting, screaming, yelling "scream" like they were going to kill someone if he didn't play). Honestly, I almost yelled "dude, he doesn't play Stream on elec.. Chill" but I WAS WRONG.. Big time..
Anyway, I was up in balcony a bit further I wanted.. but the only option for my audio was direct XLR to my cam, so I had to stay close to soundboard. For the video, Mick and Dan was a bit dark was I tried to have them as bright as possible on my video (without make TIM look like a ball of fire)... I liked the balcony. No distraction, no hands and arms on my frame, it was great! except I was too far away... but couple things I like about my camera is that it has pretty darn good zoom (X20) and I can take a pictures while I am recording (which I will post on the bottom of this thread).
TIM came out with this hat with dreads.. it was pretty funny...
A couple big surprise, though (I gotta go like in 5 mins, right now), as I stated above, he played Stream. And Soul Sacrifice... in Band... It was one of my favorite song in acoustic how he looped the song and use the pedal at the end (from NH show last year), and they played in encore, and damn it was good....
Sex Machine was funny as hell, looked they were having alotta fun with mad cow and intoxicated pooh (maybe I shouldn't let my daughter watch this part... though she wanted to go to the show so bad...).
I felt very pumped to see TR3 having so much energy and fun on the stage.
I am gonna try to stop by Double Door on Saturday. If I can catch some action with my camera, I will, but not gonna be the whole show... S.U.C.K.S
Thanks to Fluffy for setlist and all your help, nice to meet Rob from first time, and thanks tons to TIM, Mick and Dan for great shot!!!
Highlight will be up shortly... DVD will be available in a month or two..

ps. I wish I had my camera to take some photos with TR3..

JJ

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  1:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the screenshots look SICK!!! cant wait to see this jj.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  3:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
a little note, stream was played electric on NYC. and i believe audio was gotten for that. so stream on electric will be badass!!!! put that clip on youtube jj when you make a clip.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-QaP9NmRA

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

berman1125
Is Anybody Here?

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  7:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Send berman1125 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

a little note, stream was played electric on NYC. and i believe audio was gotten for that. so stream on electric will be badass!!!! put that clip on youtube jj when you make a clip.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-QaP9NmRA

that shot was from CT
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  02:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my bad... was out of loop of TIM video for a while...
that was the first thing I was gonna do - make Stream available to view as one of the highlight. WIll be coming soon...

JJ
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  12:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very nice screenies, what kind of camera did you shoot with?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  6:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All your dreams are made when you're chained to your mirror and your razorblade.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  2:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
^^^
Indeed

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  4:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oasisfan35

Very nice screenies, what kind of camera did you shoot with?

Canon XH-A1.
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Stream is up...
http://www.vimeo.com/2073631
Will be up on youtube pretty soon..(though I don't like youtube much..)
still not liking the audio..
might bring my laptop to the show from now on...

JJ
Go to Top of Page

telltalehatter
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  10:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Send telltalehatter an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is there any way that i could get a copy of the double doors DVD from march? that would be righteous
Go to Top of Page

telltalehatter
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  10:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Send telltalehatter an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FLYING V!!! amazing.
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  10:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by telltalehatter

is there any way that i could get a copy of the double doors DVD from march? that would be righteous

B&P me.
send 2 blanks to me.
e-mail to jjkim123go@gmail.com and i will give u my address.

jj
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  9:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
highlight is up
http://www.vimeo.com/2095462
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  09:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
youtube version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C87Pl8oHnCY - Highlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2F6QCsvvc - Stream
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  05:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Stream on the electric! Electrifying!! How long before this version makes it's way to GuitarHero replacing the acoustic version? LOL

jjkim wrote:
quote:
So... as you can see, TIM played Stream solo with elec guitar (people were chanting, screaming, yelling "scream" like they were going to kill someone if he didn't play). Honestly, I almost yelled "dude, he doesn't play Stream on elec.. Chill" but I WAS WRONG.. Big time..

I wouldn't say "big time" lol To my knowledge TR has only done this now twice, DeKalb and Fairfield, CT. He has done YAMS a couple of TIMes on the electric as well which "shocked & stunned" me as much as these performances did. Mick was blown away at how effortlessly TR just dropped it into the set and then shifted back into "RAWK" mode. TR is pretty freaking amazing that way.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000