Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 System of a Down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  03:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Any fans in here? I've been sooooo dissapointed with the current rock scene but these guys seem to be a bright spot. Their new album kicks ass, it has really grown on me.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  11:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah man, I can dig it. I don't have the album, but I might get it yet. So you say it's a good one? I'm not prone to getting cds that I'm not sure I'll like. I might check it out.

But their one song, Chop Suey, is a great song.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  2:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know what you mean, I wasn't sure that I wanted it either, so I downloaded a bunch of the songs first and burned the cd. Hey, I know its bad, but I've helped out the economy enough this year, especially this week buying x-mas gifts. OUCH! I need another paycheck!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  4:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, I've been there and I have the cds to prove it..ha...

That may be one of my next cd purchases. I want to be an official supporter of Led Zeppelin first (as of now, I'm not, as I haven't paid any real money to them....) and then maybe System of A Down.

For some reason I'm getting more into the hard guitar power chord kind of stuff. And I think that's what SoaD is, am I wrong? If it is, then that's cool.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Mellow Trip00
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  6:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hell ya I have had the System Cd for a while it it kicks ass
I am not sure if I like it better than there last one but they
have some tight ass songs like the last one Aerials I think
is bad ass and at the end it has that tribal shit, and whenever
Bounce comes on I laugh my ass off, I would say check it out
its well worth it

I shall be released
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  6:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Fluffy
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1094 Posts Posted - 10/18/2001 : 05:28:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Baboonboy, Tim's stepson, Jostin, turned us onto the new System of a Down while he was in LA with us. I really dug it. It kind of reminded me of RATM(another big fave) in a small way. He really liked track 6 forward, I was actually more into tracks 1-5, but I thought it was all really good.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  6:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry my last post was quoted from a thread a while back with a few references to System of a Down. Here is the link to it if you want to check out what was said then:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=345

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  9:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I want to get SOAD's album too. They're Armenian, which is funny, because people have been calling their music Armenian rock, which the guitar player, Daron Malakian, says is just dumb, because there is no such thing as Armenian Rock.

Funny thing about them all being Armenian, they didn't set out for it to be that way, They all met up at different points, and all happened to be Armenian. The guitarist was actually born in Hollywood, USA, while the vocalist and drummer were born in Lebanon, and the bassist was born in Armenia. They were friends before SOAD started, and were all in different bands. Their bands all shared studio time and thats how they met, and SOAD is the result of all of their bands breaking up.

SO the fact that theyre all Armenian is coincidence, which makes it even funnier that theyre called Armenian Rock. :)

Well....I guess thats all for the behind the music of SOAD...hehe.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000