Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 kick ass drummer...(no one u would know)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  12:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
okay..sorry if im wasting your time..but this wont be someone u know....i have a show tomorrow...with my band and this one kid who plays drums but doesnt have a band of his own...well...turns out hes really into dave..and....can play carters shit like nothing else.....he came over to one of my bands practices...and was fucking awesome....hes only a sophomore in high school...but we started jamming on tripping billies..and hes doing it perfect...thats some pretty sweet shit if u ask me...well...him and i are gonna go first tomorrow..and were gonna play say goodbye, the stone, warehouse, #41 and maybe lie in our graves..which is also some damn hard drums....its pretty sweet cause he like knows when im going into the chorus for like say goodbye..since i just make up the words as i go along like dave does..(he really wants to memorize all those damn lyrics)...but its pretty sweet..weve only practiced twice ..and were gonna go do these songs...hope i dont totally screw it up....well anyway..are there any drummers on this board who can play those songs?..id like to hear like how hard it is and how u learn that crap
james

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  12:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Carters shit is pretty hard.. I can play a few songs, but I can't syncopate anywhere near as well as THE man can. #41 is tough. Lie in our graves is pretty easy.. The intro to say goodbye is a bitch...you gotta be able to pull off some monster single stroke rolls...

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  02:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
you gotta be able to pull off some monster single stroke rolls

I'm good at "single strokes"... its those two handed ones that are tricky

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  5:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HUH HUH They said single strokes HUH HUH Cut it out Bevis, I don't wanna see that! HUH HUH

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2001 :  10:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's awesome when you have a musical communication like that with another musician. like you're reading each other's minds or something.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2001 :  11:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah..we had the show..it was pretty sweet....i credit it to him being such a damn good drummer and knowing his shit....but it was very cool
james

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000