Fight the man!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  2:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20011218/D7GFP9181.html

This guy has gotten royaly screwed over in my opinion. to learn more about him go to www.refuseandresist.org there is stuff on his case there. Finaly after 20 yr he is no longer on death row and can posably get a new trial.

I hope most of you are interested in things like this... i know tim is because he mentioned lenord Paltier before playing "and then they were free" at a show. so i hope u all feel the same.

Peace.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  3:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The *REAL* problem with this case is that there was a bit of bias toward him being a Black Panther - which as you know, is unconstitutional and in itself should have had the court case thrown out.

I believe he is guilty, however I do believe that he didn't receive a fair trial. He should be awarded a retrial, but not set free. There's just too much overwhelming evidence that proves his guilt, especially the balistics information. Mumia is a cop killer, convicted based on his status as a Militant Black man which is unconstotutional. He should, however, be convicted based solely on evidence against him.

Now, Leonard Peltier on the other hand should truely be set free. He was well within his right to use lethal force to defend himself against FBI Agents. THe other person with him, who also shot FBI Agents at the time of the seige, was set free using the defense stance of "Justifiable Self Defense". Leonard Peltier was not granted this legal right to defense and was punished wrongfully by the legal system. Check out the numerous American Indian Movement websites for more information on Leonard Peitier - a true political prisoner.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  4:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The balistic evidence shows that the bullet that killed the officer is a different bullet then that which would be fired from mumias registered gun.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  4:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Being that I live about 45 minutes away from Philly, I have seen quite a bit of this stuff about Mumia on the news, in the paper and even received stuff in the mail.

I got lots of goodies on it, I'll make sure to post some of the information when I get home. You'd be quite suprised at some of the stuff I have - including balistics information.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  4:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Official ballistics tests done on the fatal bullet verify that Officer Faulkner was killed by a .38 caliber bullet, not a .44 caliber bullet. The fatal .38 slug was a Federal brand Special +P bullet with a hollow base (the hollow base in a +P bullet was distinctive to Federal ammunition at that time). It is the exact type (+P with a hollow base), brand (Federal), and caliber (.38) of bullet found in Jamal's gun. Additionally, tests have proven that the bullet that killed Officer Faulkner was fired from a weapon with the same rifling characteristics as Jamal's .38 Caliber revolver. Further, Jamal's own ballistics expert, George Fassnacht, conceded in his 1995 PCRA testimony that the fatal bullet was not .44 caliber, and that it was most "likely" a .38. Although the D.A.'s officer offered in open court to let Jamal's attorneys test the fatal bullet, they refused this offer, and have never offered any alternative test results to counter the above evidence. Dr. James Hoyer's handwritten notation on a piece of scrap paper certainly does not constitute such evidence. Dr. Hoyer, a medical doctor who has had no formal ballistics training, has never claimed that he was able to determine the caliber of the bullet. He plainly testified in 1995 that what he wrote was a "guess." Furthermore, Dr. Hoyer testified that, after writing this guess, he had measured the bullet with a standard ruler. Although he acknowledged that this was not the accepted scientific method by which to gage the caliber of a bullet, his rough measurement was consistent with the slug being .38 caliber, and not a .44. Finally, Dr. Hoyer testified that, at the time he made his .44 caliber guess -- while looking at the horrendous wound to Officer Faulkner's head -- he was unaware that the killer had been using high-velocity +P ammunition. Had he known this, he would not have assumed that the slug was of an unusually large caliber.

So maybe the gun the police produced as evidence against Jamal was thrown there in order to frame him? No. The gun had been legally purchased by Jamal years prior to the shooting, and was registered in his name."

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  4:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hmm... i am trying to find all of the info i found on a site... but i can find it.

That is the first i have heard that it was the same type of bullet. I will try to get all the onter info for yall. it was about the balistics and such...about the angles and such... but i cant find it right now.

Besids that though there were several people present that say they saw a third party shoot and run from the scene.

I just hope that he gets a re-trial, because his first was sooo fucked up.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  4:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Peltier's case is fucked, illegal extridition, illegal shit by the FBI, coercing witnesses, withholding evidence...He needs to be free. I haven't researched Mumia as much...so i'm not going to comment.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2001 :  4:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.refuseandresist.org/mumia/facts.html

here is a general group of info on the case. i am still lookin for the bullet shtuf.

http://www.refuseandresist.org/mumia/facts/factseven.html
this one is fairly big.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2001 :  03:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ironically in my Book Recommendations Topic I listed 2 books that directly address these topics. So here they are again for anyone who wants all the details. "Agents of Repression" (Updated Edition) by Ward Churchill and Jim Vander Wall,"COINTELPRO Papers" (Updated Edition) by Ward Churchill and Jim Vander Wall. I would also recommend seeing the film "Incident at Oglala", a documentary dealing with the events that led to the eventual imprisonment of LP. A very serious subject that I feel very strongly about and take very seriously. Please educate yourself! An educated mind is a poweful tool of rebellion.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2001 :  09:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I need to read more up on it... concidering I'm Sioux, perhaps it's my responsiblity to know more about Peltier.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2001 :  11:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm Chickasaw, Black Lotus. Ironically enuf TR's previous tour manager was also Chickasaw Indian. How weird is that. What are the chances. Have you read any Sherman Alexie. He is another fave of mine. Did you see "Smoke Signals"? That was SA's first movie. He has a number of awesome books. Fiction and poetry. You really should check them out. I highly recommend Indian Killer. Its fiction. Some of his funnier stuff is in his anthologies of short stories. Kewl to see another Brother on the board.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2001 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm Chickasaw, Black Lotus. Ironically enuf TR's previous tour manager was also Chickasaw Indian. How weird is that. What are the chances. Have you read any Sherman Alexie. He is another fave of mine. Did you see "Smoke Signals"? That was SA's first movie. He has a number of awesome books. Fiction and poetry. You really should check them out. I highly recommend Indian Killer. Its fiction. Some of his funnier stuff is in his anthologies of short stories. Kewl to see another Brother on the board.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

Thanks for the information Fluffy, I'll check some of that stuff out as soon as I get a chance.

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000