New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  06:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every morning while I get ready for work I listen to the news. Generally it is pretty well delivered as I live outside Philadelphia and big cities usually have better news delivery.

I think my station has hired a moron for a writer as the following was said a few minutes ago:

Police found a man dead in an apartment this morning. He was gagged and had a gunshot to the head. They believe he was murdered!

nah, I think he just gagged himself to look like he was murdered.

Last week they had this:

A man was killed after the motorcycle he was riding crashed on the Ben Franklin Bridge. He went over the railing falling 6 stories to the road below. He wasn't wearing a helmet!

Would wearing a helmet really have saved him in that situation?

I don't know what the news is like where you are, but these stories end up making me laugh, which is just wrong when someone has lost their life.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  12:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the second one is just stupid, but there might be a reason for the first. a reporter can't say "this guy was murdered" unless the police have said "this guy was murdered." until it's official, reporters have to be very careful about what they say. it's likely the reporter figured he was killed, but is just being careful.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  3:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those remind me of Dave Barry columns.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page