New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  02:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mean c'mon! I know you bastards posted about The Office before, but how come you never really stressed how irreverent, off-beat, and amazing it is? God, you jerks. I have to find out about these shows on my own.

Seriously though, my girlfriend and I watched the first season on DVD from netflix, all six episodes, and since then I have spent the past two days watching the entire second season on Netflix Watch Instantly. What a great show.

By the way, if you don't know about it, watch instantly is Netflix's program where you get so many hours a month of online viewing. They don't have much on there yet, but it works really well. Except you have to use IE.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  07:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we talking British or American office here?

Either way...you're way behind the curve on that one, my friend!
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  10:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so you've seen the office now? you know what else i think you will be thrilled by? the wheel.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  11:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, yeah. It's because I've lived the past four years without TV or cable.

And I'm referring to the American version.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  11:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, assuming that you haven't seen the British version...it is HIGHLY recommended.

Generally, I think it's much, much better than the American version (the 1st seasons are very similar).

It'll probably be hard for you to get into the British version since you'll just compare it to the American.

I watched the British version first...and had/have a hard time getting into the American version. So, I guess my opinion is slightly tainted.

Regardless, give the British version a shot...I don't think you'll be disappointed.

And Ricky Gervais is a billion times funnier than Steve Carell.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  1:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
British Version > American Version
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  2:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
snivelsome oatings, eh pip? hairs on a bobbin, old bunt. hairs on a bobbin. cheerio mate. nevermind the bullocks.

anglophiles burn.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  3:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Office is great stuff. At first I didn't like the American version because I thought it was just a ripoff of the British episodes, but once I finally watched it, I laughed my ass off too. Here is some insentive to watch the British season... you'll get this joke: "Cock".

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

The Office is great stuff. At first I didn't like the American version because I thought it was just a ripoff of the British episodes, but once I finally watched it, I laughed my ass off too. Here is some insentive to watch the British season... you'll get this joke: "Cock".

"All right now, just stop it!"

I also disliked the American version at first. The pilot was a carbon copy of the first British episode without the accents. The US version has grown on me though and I definitely consider myself a loyal fan of that one as well.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  10:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only seen like 2 episodes of the British office and I started with the american version, so I figure I'll just watch the British version when the American version plays out. The show is great though. I've been watching the third season I got on my iPod with a friend of mine who has been sick and home. Just hook it up to the TV and we watched episode after episode. Now we're done with season three.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  03:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

so you've seen the office now? you know what else i think you will be thrilled by? the wheel.

Funniest thing dan p. has ever typed IMHO!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  09:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I totally missed it! I thought "The Wheel" was a British show or something that I didn't know about.

I'm a moron.

And that is funny.
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  12:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow you're not the only one, gnome44...

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  03:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I might have thought the same had it not been for the "sarcastic" italics used on the wheel. So fucking funny! LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000