Magic The Gatering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  01:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else here play the game... i would assume black lotus does.... anyone else.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  09:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I learned how to play teh computer version a while back, I really enjoyed it but then I stopped becasue I thought I might wanna get laid someday. hehe J/K Jude.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  10:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Played D and D too, and I masterbated... constantly!"

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  10:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PS - That was from Airheads, dont anyone go thinking Im a cronic masterbator of anything... guys do dont really do that do they??

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

ryan28
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  11:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think only 1% of guys do. The other 99% lie about it.

Ryan

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  11:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does anyone else here play the game... i would assume black lotus does.... anyone else.

Good assumption ... however, I no longer play - don't have the time anymore. I still have all my cards though, LOTS of old school cards. Most noteably, Leviathan, Shevan Dragon's, Legends, etc. I'll probably wind up selling them on eBay :)

But, the name really comes from a character I had while playing a game called Vampire: The Masquerade. I named my character after my favorite car, a Lotus Esprit .

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got the Airheads refernce....

Lotus, yeah i played like 5 yrs ago and stoped cuz no one played in the burbs... tehn i came here to college and found a bunch of people that do so i picked it up again. Its a fun game for those who havent played it. Vamp is kewl too lotus... did u play the comp game at all or just the normal rpg.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  12:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I named my character after my favorite car, a Lotus Esprit

I was going to ask you if you were referring to the car or the flower... The Esprit is a totally sweet car... ever driven one?
-J

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
guys dont really do that do they??

This is from SNL two weeks ago when Tina Fey asked Jimmy Fallon the same question.

"Haha, what? Uh...... no... well.... I mean.......rarely, if ever" It was much funnier with his facial expressions. I hope there are some other SNL fans in here!

Go to Top of Page

ryan28
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  2:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SNL is awesome! This season hasn't been too bad, I wish they'd use Tracy Morgan more but it seems like he can't go more than 2 or 3 words without staring at the cue cards.

Jimmy Fallon and Tiny Fey are a great combo for weekend update. She is one of the best writers the show has ever had.

Ryan

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  5:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my favorite skit(even though there's only been two) is the Brian Fellows Safari.
He's only got a 4th grade education but has a love for all animals.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  6:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

SNL is awesome! This season hasn't been too bad, I wish they'd use Tracy Morgan more but it seems like he can't go more than 2 or 3 words without staring at the cue cards.

Jimmy Fallon and Tiny Fey are a great combo for weekend update. She is one of the best writers the show has ever had.

Ryan

Conan O'Brien was one of the best writers ever also

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

ryan28
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  8:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Tracy Morgan's "Uncle Jemimah's Pure Mash Liquor" commericial. Have you ever noticed how many women characters he plays? Aunt Jemima in this skit, one of the ladies on "Corn Chip Nail Tips," Maya Angelou, and a few others. Oh well, he's still pretty funny I guess.

Uncle Jemimah: Do you like drinkin'? Who the hell don't? Well, if you're like me - you like to get bit just as fast as possible. That's why I'm proud to introduce, to you, Uncle Jemimah's Pure Mash Liquor. I'm Uncle Jemimah. You probably know my wife, Aunt Jemimah, the Pancake Lady. Now, she says that sellin' booze is degradin' to our people. I always say that black folk ain't exactly swellin' up with pride on account of you flippin' flapjack! Then she say, "Why booze?" I says, "Sell what you know", and I know about booze. Uncle Jemimah's Pure Mash Liquor has a 95% alcohol content, and that's per volume. That means you get f**ked up for less money!

Aunt Jemimah: [ exits house banging pot ] Pancakes is ready!

Uncle Jemimah: Aw, you shut up, Woman! You not gonna ruin this for me! [ swats at cartoon birds flying around him ]

Sammy: [ playing checkers ] Whatchoo swattin' at?

Announcer: Uncle Jemimah's Down-Home Mash Liquor. More fun that pancakes.

Uncle Jemimah: [ running through yard swatting cartoon birds and kicking cartoon pigs ] I just want to make liquor..!

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  8:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

my favorite skit(even though there's only been two) is the Brian Fellows Safari.
He's only got a 4th grade education but has a love for all animals.

Man, did you see that one with the miniature horse?(I think it's the same skit) What's up with those things? I almost fell out of my seat I was laughing so hard when I saw it. Some kind of giant dog.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  8:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna have to say best skit ever goes to celebrity Jeopardy.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  8:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the other is even funnier. the first person brings out a rabbit.
That bunny is funny.
Well actually, we rescued it from a lab.
A lab? what is he some sort of scientist?
no. actually he was performing tests.
a bunny scientist that takes tests? that's funny.

then the next person brings in a mink a right away Brian says
that mink just winked at me.
I don't think he winked sir.
He'll be walking differently if he doesn't stop winking at me.
(the man starts to talk about the mink and Brian starts to dream about a bunny in a lab coat taking a test and it says)
you're stupid Brian just like all the kids said in 4th grade

Brian:Heeeyyy! that bunny just insulted me!
Man: what bunny?

I love that skit, even if I didn't describe them funnily enough.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  8:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love SNL!!! I must agree with you Silky, Jeopardy is hilarious! Will Farrell and Molly Shannon crack me up! Jimmy Fallon is one of my favs too.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  8:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll take anal bum cover for $1000
That's an album cover.
I can read Trebek. That says anal bum cover. I tried to make one, and it was my greatest regret.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  9:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Norm Macdonald... best ever.
-J

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  10:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
right on guys... Celebrity Jeopardy gets my favorite nod too. Just about every quote from that is halarious.

"BUCK FUTTER!!!!!!"

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  10:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL. Suck it Trebek. Suck it long, and suck it hard.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2001 :  11:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Weird, my boss, and this other guy I work with play Magic the Gathering. We were just talking about it today. Odd that it should come up on the board as well.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  01:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ku, i love the game. Not enough people play it. .... They hear it and are like... no i dont want to play that... as if its some realy gay game where u try to put a ball in hole on opposite sides of a given length of wooden floor and try not to let your opponent do so.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  02:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, and you're not going to make me-i don't care what u say.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  09:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
I named my character after my favorite car, a Lotus Esprit

I was going to ask you if you were referring to the car or the flower... The Esprit is a totally sweet car... ever driven one?
-J

Both actually ... the Lotus flower is what I wore on my wedding day. And yes, I've driven an Esprit Sport 350. Amazing vehicle ... very amazing vehicle. They sell them about 30 minutes from my house, my wife and I will be purchasing one soon. Probably a year old, brand new they're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  11:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice... my dad used to have one a while back... totally kick ass cars.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  12:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice... my dad used to have one a while back... totally kick ass cars.
-J

They are sweet ... new ones are like 97K, a bit rich for my blood. However, resale on 'em is crazy. I found a 1999 Esprit V8, twin turbo, for under 40K. That car depreciated over 50% in less than two years ... not a good investment choice, but a fun one :)

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  2:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ku, i love the game. Not enough people play it. .... They hear it and are like... no i dont want to play that... as if its some realy gay game where u try to put a ball in hole on opposite sides of a given length of wooden floor and try not to let your opponent do so.

True, at least Magic takes some thought.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  8:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe they have no resale value because they have virtually no market... the problem is that they have zero ergonomics or practicality... so most people looking in that range end up with a Porsche which is a little more of a happy medium between exotic and driveable.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2001 :  5:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

the problem is that they have zero ergonomics or practicality...

That's exactly the idea

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  4:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Black Lotus,
have you ever played a game over the internet called magewar? i haven't played it for about year,but i thought i saw your name there somewhere...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000