Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Kurt Vonnegut RIP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  11:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fare thee well...

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  03:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hadn't heard this. Bummer.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  03:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, just today I was at Border's buying a book. I'm going on a flight tomorrow, and I usually always read slaughterhouse five on a flight, but I decided to pick up something new.

When I was standing in line, I heard the two girls working the counter talking about vonnegut. One of the them had no idea who he was. I didn't know what they were discussing, I just heard one of them mention she didn't know how old he was. I told her he had to be in his 80s.

That was about 5 hours ago. Just now I read that he died. It's the first time in a long time the death of a "celebrity" put a lump in my throat. Slaughterhouse Five and Breakfast of Champions are two of my most favorite books...the kind of reading that makes you learn something about yourself and the people around you.

So it goes.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  07:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was checking to see if they had updated his entry in the Internet Movie Database and found this great quote from Kurt Vonnegut:
quote:
True Terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  08:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No more Dr. Vonnegut articles in Playboy...DAMNATION!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  2:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Was Kurt Vonnegut A 9/11 Truther?
Cult icon was one of Bush administration's fiercest critics

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, April 12, 2007

Legendary author and cultural icon Kurt Vonnegut sadly died yesterday at the age of 84, seemingly before he was able to go public on his doubts about the official story behind 9/11 and join a cadre of other well-known personalities in lending support to the 9/11 Truth Movement.

After sending Vonnegut copies of his videos about 9/11 and government sponsored terror, Alex Jones received a personalized drawing back from Kurt and was in the process of trying to set him up for an appearance on his radio show before he became ill.

From all indications and other people Alex Jones had talked to, it seemed clear that Vonnegut was ready to add his name to the growing list of high profile public figures who have risked their reputations to slam the official 9/11 story.

Vonnegut was certainly clued in to the fact that the political process in America is completely bought and paid for. In his final book, A Man Without a Country, Vonnegut noted that "no matter which one wins, we will have a Skull and Bones President," referring to the 2004 "election" between Bush and Kerry.

In his final major speech at the Ohio State University just over a year ago, Vonnegut offered further insights on the Bush presidency, clarifying the fact that "The only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected."

"You all know, of course, that the election was stolen. Right here,” Vonnegut told the audience.

Vonnegut was no stranger to the methods of dictators, he fought in World War 2 and was captured by German soldiers in Dresden in December 1944. The Nazis put Vonnegut to work collecting bodies for mass burial but there were too many corpses to bury so the Nazis simply sent in men with flamethrowers and burned the remains to ashes. Vonnegut was imprisoned in an underground meatpacking cellar known as Slaughterhouse Five, which later became the title of perhaps his most popular book.

The personalized drawing Kurt Vonnegut sent Alex Jones (click for enlargement).

Vonnegut was one of the Bush administration's harshest critics in his final years, using his razor sharp words to regularly slam the war in Iraq through his In These Times column.

"By saying that our leaders are power-drunk chimpanzees, am I in danger of wrecking the morale of our soldiers fighting and dying in the Middle East?" he wrote. "Their morale, like so many bodies, is already shot to pieces. They are being treated, as I never was, like toys a rich kid got for Christmas in December."
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  3:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a profound loss....Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  03:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was waiting for prisonplanet to say the government killed him.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  09:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  09:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, Dan, you're so silly.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  11:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that's where it was heading, like with Hunter.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  11:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hunter wasn't old and in failing health though...

teri
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  12:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i would call 84 old.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  12:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eh.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  03:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Watch Fox's obit...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/16/kurt-vonneguts-lifefox-news-style/

Bastards

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000