04/05/07 Attucks Theatre Norfolk, VA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  03:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Last public show of the run was amazing. Due in part to the amazing room that we played. Wish they could all be like that. The Attucks is a beautiful looking and sounding room. Old school theater, really beautiful. Audience was smallish but fantastically quiet. Made for a great show all the way around. Only drawback to the whole day was amazing bad traffic coming into Norfolk thru the tunnel which I am told is a daily thing and nothing out of the ordinary. We were about an hour late but soundcheck went smooth as silk which translates to QUICK & painless. The promoter, Jason from Quiva Productions commissioned some absolutely gorgeous posters for the event. The are all hand-silkscreened and signed by the artist, Richard Biffle. If you don't know the name, I bet you know the art. He has created art for t-shirts, posters, and album covers for many bands, primarily the Grateful Dead, but also Santana, Blues Traveler, Keller Williams, The Dead, Crosby Stills & Nash, Phil Lesh, Gov't Mule, The Black Crowes, and many more. He has since gained the reputation as one of the prominent rock and roll artists of our era. For more on Biffle, check out his website: http://www.richardbiffle.com Jason had told me that he was commissioning a show specific poster for the gig and I was excited to see the final product. Imagine my excitement when he opened the box and the poster was prodominantly PURPLE. Yes, purple, my fave color. It is a beautiful poster and the ones that were left over from the evening I am told will be available online at some point. When I know where I will let you all know. What I can tell you is that I bought 20 of them that I hope to have TR sign and that I can sell to folks here on the board just in case the extras never make it to the internet. I am told only 150 were made and they are all signed by Richard Biffle. Of the 150, only about 130 will make it out to the public making it a bit of a rarity. Jason said he would send me a jpeg of the poster so I can hopefully post it here so you can all see it. It is really, really NICE! So I am not sure when I can get TR to sign them or when I will have TIMe to mail them out but you can all be assured I have them in my possession. Well it seems like I got off subject a bit, not really I guess but whatever, back to the review and setlist. It was another almost 2 hour performance by TR. I think he really loved the way the room sounded. His setlist looked like this:

The Evil Space Nemesis Finally Concedes Defeat To The False Dogs
Captain Fuck Fish Ek...
Betrayal
The Truth
Che
Noble So & So
Indoctrinate
Scary Toilet Handle
----------------------------------
Flourescence
Ancestors
Coco
Strom
White Mouse Denies
Stranger
Deaf Squad TV
----------------------------------
Come Back To Now Mr Wizard
Chatterblox
This Life
Brief Bonfire Kundalini Into Very Unusual Discharges
------------------------------------
(Rev)
Doom
Ocean
-------------------------------------
HOLE

Side Margin Notes:

(Careful With That Axe Man)

Also of note, TR did a version of "They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha" tonite. He has done this before, awhile back I think, and he also stuck it in at the last Baltimore Recher show even though it wasn't on the setlist either nite. I think he has been doing the lyrics over the soundscape pieces he creates. Much like "This Is The One", it brings much amusement to TR, Rew and myself when TR performs either of these.

Thanx to Jesse Chong for another amazing set as our opener. You guys should really check him out if you haven't already. He really set the amazing mood & atmosphere for the evening.

Special Thanx to Jason for being so wonderful and always taking extremely good care of us. Also to Jason and Richard for the amazing posters, a TRue work of art. And to Mario for manning the merch booth, it was great hanging with ya.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  10:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I would be very interested in getting my grubby paws on a poster whenever the logistics get figured out, Fluffy. Keep me updated on them, and a huge thank you in advance!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  11:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ditto, I too would love a poster, and I bet Mike would like one as well. Could I pick up two at the show in May?

Purple! How cool is that? He must have known it's your favorite color Fluffy!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

taylordb
Is Anybody Here?

39 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  10:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I would love to get a poster to that show. I was originally going to that show, but got sent out of town on business Tuesday thru Thusday of that week. Don't feel too sorry for me though because I was sent to Charlottesville, so I was able to see the very very nice show Tim played at the Starr Hill Music Hall.
Anyway, the Attucks Theater is a hometown venue for me and Tim is an absolute favorite....so getting a poster would be really sweet. I am willing to pay whatever price you are asking (within reason of course )

Thanks and peace!
Danny
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  8:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Hook me up!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  02:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I finally have a jpeg of the Richard Biffle poster. Sadly the jpeg does not do it justice. It's absolutely beautiful in it's detail. As I mentioned before it's a limited edition of 150 signed by the artist, Richard Biffle. If you are interested I can also have TR sign it for you as well. Still trying to figure out the best way to get them out to those who want them. Anyway, here is what it looks like(of course it's much bigger hehe)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  2:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you want these personalized I need the name you want TR to sign it to.(ie: Pam or PJK) If you don't want it personalized but you still want TR's signature as well.....well that's EZ! So if you want them personalized with your name I need those before I don't see TR for a while and you have to wait until I see him to get them personalized. Otherwise I can just have him sign them and you won't have to wait. Does all this make sense? It makes perfect sense in my head but sounds so confusing in type. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  03:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused. Are these free? If they are, hell yeah, I would love it, and make it personalized to the Ranting Thespian.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  10:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
aha yeah if they are free count me in 2.... personalized to Adam

ok so im guessing there not free.. how much will they go for? im still interested btw

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  1:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, tell TR he can sign mine anyway he wants....preferably "Her Highness" "Her Majesty" or "Oh Great Knowing One"........j/k

As long as he signs mine with HIS name I will be a happy camper, if he wants to personalize it Pam, PJK or "another alien lost in space," that would be cool, whatever floats his boat.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  4:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to have one of you have any extra. You can hang onto it till we meet again at some point. Those D.C. dates are very tempting maybe a bid for a flight on priceline.... The cheap ones are at like six in the morning but TR is totally worth that, especially if I went to ALL the shows!! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  05:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PJK - Pam
Arthen - Ben
taylorb - Danny
SpaceMonkey - Bill
batstone - Adam
Robin
Ranting Thespian
Turner Silk

Here is who I have so far. I will be getting TR to sign posters tomorrow or the next day. Obviously I have to do it before he heads home from the TouR so I can get them too you ASAP. Obviously I won't be seeing TR for a while after this so if you want it personalized I need to know before the end of the this run or you will have to wait till later. Just shoot me an email or post on this thread and I will take care of it. We don't have alot left, I have sold quite a few on this run. LMK if you are interested. The going price is $20 which I was told by a guy in NH that that is a good, cheap price for this kind of poster. He says he usually pays at least $30 for something like that and they aren't always signed and in this case they are signed by the artist and can be signed by TR. Sorry they aren't cheaper but they cost a bit to purchase but I wanted to make sure that folks around here had a chance to get them before you guys saw them somewhere and were bumming that you couldn't get one. Just looking out for ya'll. Also, if you don't have the money at the moment I am more than happy to hang onto some for people around here for future sale just let me know now before we sell out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  06:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Fluffy,
Thanks for looking out. Please count me in too:) Could you please have Tim sign it to Reesa for me?
--Big hugs & MTFBWY,
Rees

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  2:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love a personalized one if possible. Looks crazy.
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
umm these posters going to be shipped or any more info or anything?

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

thestearninator
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  10:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit thestearninator's Homepage  Send thestearninator an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I was one of the few people who attended this show.

It was great all-around - both Jesse and Tim.

- Christopher Stearns
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000