Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So anyone else following this American Idol stuff?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  1:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found out about all the drama and controversey over Sanjaya on American Idol and it's funny as hell. I hate American Idol with the fiery fury of a thousand suns, but I've been laughing my ass off reading about some girl named J going on a hunger strike to get Sanjaya kicked off. There's a civil litigator going on Bill O'Reilly saying that Howard Stern and votefortheworst.com can be sued. I've never been involved in any American Idol proceeding (I have issues with the lack of an electoral college) but I'm gonna start voting for this Sanjaya guy just to piss people off.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  1:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well if he wins then the show will be over.
Everybody knows the kid can't sing.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  1:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is he still singing? i thought he was fucking dead.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  2:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I know about him is that he did his hair REALLY weird the other day. A friend of mine blogged about it.

I just watched a couple of videos of him; he doesn't suck THAT bad. He obviously has hair issues though.

On YouTube they have a video of him and his sister when they both auditioned for American Idol. Maybe he's the Indian Michael Jackson and she's Janet...

Here's a photo of his sister in her Hooters kit:

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
boing!

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  3:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought you boys would like that.

teri
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  4:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what and who?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  11:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Omg, I am blinded by that picture! Why'd you have to post a picture with Secrest on it *shivers*.

I can't wait for the whole reality TV stuff runs out of steam, just like boy bands.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  06:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Boy bands are still alive and well in Europe, I'm sorry to say.

And the Idol thing is huge all over the world, so I don't think it's going away any time soon. There are national "Idol" franchises in the United Kingdom (original) • Armenia • Australia • Belgium • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Kazakhstan • Malaysia • Netherlands • New Zealand • Norway • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Russia • Singapore • Slovakia • South Africa • Sweden • Turkey • United States • Vietnam

There are also a few international franchises: Arab world • Latin America • West Africa • The former Yugoslavia • World Idol

teri
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  09:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hear there is gonna be a new show called American Demi-God where well-to-do contestants have to compete in events such as ecosystem destruction, extreme materialism, evading taxation, displaying general lack of concern for the human race, etc. It should do well in more 'established' markets.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  10:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

Omg, I am blinded by that picture! Why'd you have to post a picture with Secrest on it *shivers*.

He has changed a lot since American Idol first started. I think he wants to be the new Dick Clark.

During my research on Sanjaya last night, I ran across an item that accused Ryan Seacrest of being gay. I couldn't believe it. I thought of him as a total womanizer when he was a DJ on an LA radio station I used to listen to. Although I suppose he could have paid DJ Jamie (who had a morning show with Danny Bonaduce from the Partridge Family at the time) that talked about him all the time to make it *look* like he was straight.

teri
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  4:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
While I would never in a million years watch American idol, I listen to Howard Stern every morning, so I get to follow all of the Idol goings on. I personally find the whole "Vote for the Worst" movement to be hilarious.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  12:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
vote for the worst implies that anyone who ever sang on that show is worth a damn. you want to vote for the worst? randomly pick a name and vote. it should be renamed "vote for the guy that people who watch the show and the judges don't want to win."

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  07:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

There are also a few international franchises: Arab world • Latin America • West Africa • The former Yugoslavia

A woman who's half Iraqi recently won the Arab Idol competition. There was an AP article that said popular support in Iraq was actually non-sectarian and that people were watching as much in the Kurdish north as they were in the Sunni and Shiite south.

teri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000