Tribunals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  5:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering what you guys think of this process. I posted this topic on another board stating that I think they're unconstitutional and I got castrated. J/W.

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
-Da Bush

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  6:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate those things! You'll just be sitting there minding your own business and they'll come marching in and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass... and you'll be like, "HEY! Get out of my ass you stupid tribunals!"

-J

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  6:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol, yes....are u in the special class? j/k

-Da Bush
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  7:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have tribunals in two weeks... im most worried about my statistical design one... school sucks

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate to sound like an idiot, but what's a tribunal?

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I probably should be more specific. By tribunal I mean the kangaroo courts that Bush is putting into effect for suspected terrorists in the US. Here's a link to an article. http://www.commondreams.org/views01/1130-05.htm

-Da Bush
Go to Top of Page

chip616
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Send chip616 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think hes talkin about the military tribunals, but Im not so sure about that after silky's response. funny shit.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe damn I can't believe nobody got it... oh well... cookie to the first person that can place my comment above.

As for the tribunals... well obviously there's a very strong case in either direction, but to have not seen this kind of thing coming amidst all that is going on would be a little foolish. I, for one, did not think for even ONE second that those responsible would be given a normal court trial. If they ARE caught, not killed, this is probably their best chance not to die by execution... if you think about it, given the widespread views of the American population right now (which is mostly NUKE'EM, ALL OF THEM!) there is not a jury in the entire country that would let these people go with anything but execution... so the 6th amendment argument is almost nill because there would be no such thing as a fair trial in these circumstances. As for how many people this covers, I would say that is a scare tactic... it's Bush trying to put his money where his mouth is. It is him trying to get people to feel "Oh, he's not fucking around... he really wants terrorism GONE!" So my view on the whole thing... things were bound to change from this whole situation, and this is just one of many things that just are not being treated the same way as in the past.
-J

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silky... cavity search?...

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think they are fine, as long as no U.S. citizens are involved. They are unconstitutional, but the people we are dealing with don't deserve to be dealt with by normal means. If they want to cause death and destruction here, we must get them before they get us, regardless of the ways and means of doing that.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  8:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good point J, I think your right as far as the fair trial point of view, I hadn't really thought of that. I'm just hoping that these things are not abused like so many things have been in this country when it comes to race relations. Things like Cointelpro and Japanese internment camps during WWII are just examples. I don't know. The way they are run kind of upsets me just because who knows how strong the evidence will be and how much the judges will be biased. I mean even innocent people who have recieved "fair" trials have been convicted of murder and executed. But as with everything, nothing is foolproof. I guess I just hope that the death penalty isn't overused in these things. Oh, and South Park? Cartman? I think that's right..I don't remember what he was talking about though...

-Da Bush
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  10:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You got it... a problem only arises (for the most part) if these tribunals are abused, otherwise this whole thing serves its purpose quite well. I think this is the best way to do it in terms of the media as well... it would be such a media frenzy if it were an open trial, not to mention the pressure on the jurors to convict (imagine how many death threats). At least this way, it's closed military, not civilian. As for it potentially extending to US citizens as well... I can't say I really mind. If a person srikes out and kills innocent people in an act of terrorism, I do not personally care too much about their nationality, color of skin, interests, marital status, favorite foods, taste in cloting etc... if there is sufficient evidence to prove that an American citizen committed such an act (ex. Timothy McVeigh), why the hell not? Can you even imagine what a deterrent it would be to know that if you commited an act of terror that there was no hope of facing a jury... that it would only be military? But again, only if it's not abused.

And you also get the cookie, it was Cartman talking about rainbows :).

-Jeff

"Oh rainBOWS! Oh yeah I like those..."

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2001 :  11:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
RAINBOWS!! Now I remember! Sweet!! A cookie!!

-Da Bush
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  05:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tribunals are OK, I really prefer them in rest areas, I hate sitting on those dirty potties. Much rather use a tribunal. It's hard to imagine that most girls have never seen a tribunal. We males take them so for granted. Imagine a world without tribunals. Oh but I do really hate the smell of the tribunal cakes(ya know, those pink things you pee on) Just my 2 sense!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  4:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The terrorists don't have any repect for their own life, they are on a death mission, so what makes the government think this would stop them? I don't know, it's a tough decision... I drove past the Pentagon yesterday and it just gives me chills thinking something horrible can happen again. Something needs to be done to end the madness, but not at the expense of killing innocent lives.....

What is a tribunal cake???? Or is it something I really don't want to know? You guys really don't know how lucky you have it with urinals. The line for the ladies rooms are aweful. I'll admit I'm guilty for using the mens room at concerts, the lines for the girls rooms are insane! Once you finally get in the ladies room, it's disgusting, and there is always some chick passed out or puking all over the place! You dudes are very lucky!!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  5:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe Liz Fluffy was joking... he's talking about URINALS not tribunals. The urinal "cakes" he's talking about are these things that they put in the urinals that absorb odor and give off a supposedly pleasant aroma themselves. They actually just make the bathroom smell like piss and deodorizer, which isn't really any better.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  5:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How much would it cost for you to eat a 'tribunal cake?" ;)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  6:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
New or used?
-J

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  9:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
5 bucks.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2001 :  11:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PSH, whatever Liz, the womens bathroom is always better! with your couches and mirrors and TV's and bide's. It's like a freaking 5 star hotel! Not to mention the condition that your bathrooms are in at concerts is how guys bathrooms are all the time! I know the guy passed out in the bathroom at the Burger King by me, his name's Lou.

-Da Bush
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  4:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OHHHHHHHHHHHH, Urinals not Tribunals. DOAH!!! Well speaking from 15 years experience at seeing club bathrooms at the end of the night I have to agree with Liz that the girls are way messier. It is always a pigstye in that place. Paper and other unmentionalbles all over the floor. They just throw stuff anywhere in there. I think they are grossed out being in the public bathroom and just want to get out fast. But at the same time in a girls bathroom you don't have to worry about the loser drunks who won't lift the seat and piss all over it so when you gotta sit and shit you find yourself very reluctant. I have on many occasions slipped into the messy womens room just so I could sit on a clean seat. They may be messy, but at least noone pee-d all over the seats.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  4:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, but what about the women's bathrooms in other places, like Macy's? The have a waiting room with couches, TVs, plants, a bar, a spa, a McDonald's, etc.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at that last one.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  4:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They always start out nicer of course but those girls sure mess them up. They definitely get all the frilly extras, but they really do make a mess of the place. Everynite I see how much messier they are than guys.(that may only be in public bathrooms, I am not sure) You have seen a guys bathroom at a club well the girls is easily twice as bad. And you know how bad a guys can get.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  6:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh I don't even want to think about how bad it is.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  8:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must agree with Fluffy. The girls bathrooms are much worse. There are some really nasty chicks out there. I'll spare you the details! Bars and concerts are the worst! Fluffy was very tactful in describing them. Liz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000