1534 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  10:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7lkfViTIY

Niels is insane... not to mention joe pass

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  06:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Joe Pass was a huge influence on TR, he talks about him and references him all the TIMe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  06:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good but no one plays Donna Lee better than Jaco did!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  9:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy I rember reading that from an interview or something before. What's funny is that I was showing a guy at school some Tim Reynolds stuff and I put on Smile from Stream and my friend asked if it was Joe Pass. I often hear parrallels in their playing. I've always appreciated the fact that they both view the guitar as something which they can play complete orchestrations on. They both have the ability to take a song and play the whole thing without you really missing another instrument.

Pam, Ya there's no one who can play it like Jaco. Niels can shred though. It's amazing that anyone can play it on upright at that tempo and look like it's not a struggle. If you have the any of the live in NY recordings of Jaco that have been released, you might have heard him playing it in unison with trumpet, sax, and guitar I believe, and I think the tempo is faster then any other version I've heard. I think it's on volume one.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000