Delay/Loop Pedal Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  8:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey just wondering, what is tim using for his loops now? im in the market for a new Looping Pedal.. any suggetions?

www.myspace.com/adambatstone

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He still uses two Boss-DD6s, and I think I saw his Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler as well onstage during this tour.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  6:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just got a Boss DD-20 to go with my DD-6, I like the combo.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  9:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a number of good looping pedals out these days, and some I believe even let you multitrack in the loop so you can take something you played back out.

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
digitech's Jam Man looks very good. It's gotten good reviews too. I wouldnight mind having one. But, I am perfectly happy with my Line 6 Echo Park Delay. I use it quite a bit . . . expecially when I play Run Like Hell (man, I love playing that one, so much fun!).

But yeah, check out the Jam Man by Digitech

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  6:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

He still uses two Boss-DD6s, and I think I saw his Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler as well onstage during this tour.

TR actually uses the Boss DD-5 which they no longer make. As for the Line 6, he has used one of those in the past but no longer uses it and did not have it at the show you saw. If you are talking about the pedal inbetween the 2 pedal boards, thats the Fishman Aura. If you are talking about the pedal ON his pedal board next to the DD-5 that is the Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator(in that crazy Marvin the Martian accent hehe)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  7:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey fluffy, any idea why he got rid of the line 6 ??? id liek to know

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  9:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I remember seeing a picture of Tim from earlier this year, and looked down at his equipment. I thought, "Shit! Is that a mooger fooger?"

I remember the beatles used the original mooger synth on Abbey Road.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  01:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had always wondered how he got the loopish effect.

But I was under the impression that he wasn't using a dedicated loop sampler during the 2003 D+T (I might be wrong). However I have many recordings where he is looping (or at least sounds like it). Then I remember reading the info that he had two delay pedals. Is it possible to loop with the dd-5 and the dd-6? Which I believe he has.

I've wondered what might happen if you did it this way. But hey, I'm kinda foggy on this, yet it's always something I've thought. feel free to correct me.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  03:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Acutlay, to get that continous loop to speed up and slow down, he does feed the boss-dd's into eachother. It's very hard to do it with just one boss-dd5 or dd6 pedal (or line 6 echo park delay, the one I have) and get a perfect delay speed up and slow down. I am not quite sure what he used the Line 6 DL4 for. It gets as clear of a sound as his Boss pedals, so I don't know what he was doing with it.

Those mooger foogers, though, are really neat and give "unearthly" sounds.

And fluffy, you know I have the aura and know what it looks like. Oooo, you make me very angry *storms off with pissed music to get a demecularizer*

. . . hey, did anyone ever notice that Marvin the Martian wears a tutu?

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  04:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
out of curiosity, does he feed the dd-5 into the 6?
Or is it the other way around?

As far as the dl4 goes, I had one once, and I always
thought the rhythmic delay was something he may have used.

In particular, the exodus jam during the T+D Carthage show
of '03.

I've heard it somewhere else but I can't think of it.
If you'd like to hear it let me know (I'll see what I can do).

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000