Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Departed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  6:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See it.

This coming from a guy who hates Leo DeCrappy-o and is no big fan of Matt Damon, but Jeez, what a great movie. Modern Day Masterpiece for sure. Rarely do I think that movies live up to amazing reviews that they get, but this one deserves every great review.

god
Kevin

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  6:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son saw that one and said the same thing Kevin. He said it was an amazing movie and it had a great ending too. I am not into blood and gore so I won't see it, but for those of you who can watch that kind of movie and not get nightmares, go see it.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  11:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i felt like they didn't know how to end that movie.

spoiler ahead. don't read if you're going to see it and haven't.:

like in the elevator at the end. no sooner could i say "who the fuck is this guy" than someone shot him in the face. and when matt damon gets shot at the end, it wasn't surprising, but what else could they do? they killed off all the other characters.

end spoilers.

those people were really fucking boston, though. the accent, the way they talk, everything. if you spend time in boston, you know. "i'm gonna get a smoke you want a smoke oh ya don't smoke what are ya one of those health nuts go fack yaself." one sentence. go fuck yourself being said with absolutely no sense of agression or dismissal.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  08:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

See it.

This coming from a guy who hates Leo DeCrappy-o and is no big fan of Matt Damon, but Jeez, what a great movie. Modern Day Masterpiece for sure. Rarely do I think that movies live up to amazing reviews that they get, but this one deserves every great review.

Ads for this movie were plastered all over London when I was there a couple of weekends ago, but it didn't open until after I left. And of course it doesn't open in Germany until 7 December.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just saw it on Friday and it was awesome. Easily my favorite Scorcese film.

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw this last night. Great movie. I was engaged the whole time throughout the movie.

SPOILER:
Ya them killing off Leonardo caught me completely by surprise, and I thought it was going to be Mark Whalberg instead of some random guy. Then when after that scene though I pretty much knew Whalberg was coming after Matt Damon.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  6:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some spoilers...

I didn't like the woman character, thought she was kind of thrown in. Plus, she was probably the worst psychiatrist ever. Her patient stormed out and she ran him down to give him the pills he wanted, what the fuck? But all in all, it was very "Heat"-esqe, and I liked it a lot. Jack Nicholson was in top form, so was Leo for that matter.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000