Garth Brooks - The Entertainer (5 Disc Music DVD B
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  2:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Disc I: Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX 09/1991
Disc II: Texas Stadium, Irving, TX 09/1993
Disc III: Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland 05/1997
Disc IV: Central Park, New York, NY 08/1997
Disc V: Video Greatest Hits 1989 - 2005

you can call me lame or whatever you want, but this guy could fucking entertain a crowd.

OUT FOR LUNCH

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  2:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy Garth Brooks a lot. Hell of an entertainer, so that box set is aptly named. Let us know how it is John.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  4:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ben it has all the great concerts i grew up watching on tv specials. central park, ireland, the first one on tv where he breaks guitars against each other, swinging from ropes over the crowd. shit every show i wanted on dvd. and for 25 bucks, shit you cant beat that price anywhere. comes out nov 1st at walmart, so go pick yourself up a copy too.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  4:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and i thought Billy Joel was the "entertainer" hell he even sings about it.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  1:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If Garth Brooks never existed, the world would be a marginally better place. Fucking Wal-Mart whore.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  01:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dislike everything I've heard from him. I dislike almost all modern country-pop singers/bands. I just can't stand them. It's not that I've heard one song and didn't like it, I have heard a lot and dislike him more forevery new one I hear. I also despise Walk-Mart so much, and with him doing so much business with them despite all the TRUE things about why their prices are low, doesn't help improve my opinion of him. Wal-Mart is a two-timing piece of shit company! So not liking Garth Brooks songs and supporting such a horrible corproation exclusively and knowing how horrible of a place it is, and how horrible they treat their workers (I have horror stores I could tell you about from friends who have worked there) makes me just wish this guy would just shove off to the sea and never be heard from again.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT I don't despise people for listening to him or liking him. If you like him, fine like him. If you listen to him, fine listen, I won't stop you or criticize you for doing so. Just don't put on a cd or anything when I am around. I won't get nasty, but either you'd have to turn it off, or I will just quietly leave.

So enjoy, but please don't bring that into my house.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  5:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, F anyone who has an exclusive Walmart deal.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  10:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WAL-MART, EVER.

Plus, why the hell is it so cheap? Did they have slave labor doing cd making now? Also, um, why a tin?

And that letter g styled like that, I think that he should be sued by whoever invented the typewriter for copywright infringments . . . yes he's dead but dig him out . . . it just be like weekend at burnies . . . truthfully I have never seen that, but that's what the premise is . . . I think . . .

But again, this is not at you guys who like garthbrooks or who is buying this album, it's about my feelings about him and wal-mart.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  10:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's in the same vein as people who don't listen to musicians for the artist's political beliefs.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  12:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

It's in the same vein as people who don't listen to musicians for the artist's political beliefs.

I don't listen to him because I have heard him many times, and dislike him for that. The Wal-Mart thing is an add-on.

Plus, yes if a person really offends me, I cease to find their music enjoyable, knowing the person behind the music is creating this. It's like buying cupcakes from a guy who just murdered 50 people . . . ok that's extreme, but you get my point. Politcal views can either be minor or extreme as well. Typically minor stuff doesn't bother me, but if the person extremely despises homosexals having the same right as the rest to get married, have kids, and get the tax breaks that all the people who don't love eachother that get married, I tend to have a distaste for them, and sometimes end up just not liking them anymore.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  2:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wagner, anyone?

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  5:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well fuck all of you then. if he wants to do an exclusive deal with walmart, fuck let him, it is his music and he can do whatever the fuck he wants even if it pisses off quite a few people. i personal will buy this and be happy walking out of walmart with it.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  8:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Wagner, anyone?

Yes please. Hopefully the portland opera will being doing some soon now that I have the connections to get in the pit.

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  10:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

well fuck all of you then. if he wants to do an exclusive deal with walmart, fuck let him, it is his music and he can do whatever the fuck he wants even if it pisses off quite a few people. i personal will buy this and be happy walking out of walmart with it.

Hey, hey, hey. I didn't say he can't. I didn't say I was going to stop him. I didn't say you shouldn't buy this. I said none of that. All I said was my reasons why I don't like him and why I don't like Wal-Mart. If you want to buy them, buy them. It's your choice, I am not going to make it for you, or force you to believe what I do. What I believe is what I believe, and what you believe is what you believe. There is no such thing as universal right and wrong, it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

If you want it, and you like it, good for you (and no, there was no sarcasim in that).

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  10:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wagner was an anti-semite. however, he was a also an incredible composer. so i mean, if i want good romantic era classical music, i like wagner. if i'm looking for personal views, i'd steer away from wagner. it turns out that the music sounds exactly the same no matter what he believed. so if you're not listening to a musician because of his political whatever, are you even listening to the music? i would suggest that no, you're not. not entirely. music is sound. it isn't political views, personal opinions or religion. none of that shit matters. it's the music only. if someone wrote a song called "fuck dan p." and it was good, i'd listen to it. if you can't get by that someone who makes good music may have opinions you find objectable or wrong, i don't know what to tell you. i don't have that defect.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  12:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

. . . music is sound . . .

I have to strongly disagree with you there. Music reaches me more than anything else. Music is a breathe of life to me, and only love and peace top it's greatness unless the love and peace is in the music itself.

Plus, if I was eating a burger and loved it, then found out it was made from a rat . . . I am not going to go back to that place again, no matter how good it tasted.

But again, if you want to get it, go get it. It's your choice to make, and I hope it is the right choice for you (and only you will know that answer).

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  08:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

it turns out that the music sounds exactly the same no matter what he believed.

I agree with that Dan. I guess some people are loathe to support a musician with different politics from theirs since they might help to finance a cause they disagree with. I can sort of see their point - if the artist is actually alive and funding the causes he/she supports. But in the case of somebody like Wagner, who's long dead, I think it would be hard to say that supporting him could result in furthering any sort of anti-semetic cause today.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  12:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points teri.However, I am someone who can't support any artist who holds a political view that promotes injustuce, or destruction of the environment or a group of people. I think it's individual choice what one can let go of to enjoy an artist. If someone was dead but they were say... a close friend of Custer, I don't know if I'd be able to listen to the music even if it was really good. But I wouldn't judge anyone else for doing so.It's all so personal really. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  4:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you misunderstand me. i'm not reducing music to the level of just any old sound. i am passionate about it, too. what i'm saying is, music is something you hear, and should be independent of extramusical factors, such as what the artist thinks about whatever. because no matter what, the music still sounds the same. i'm not entirely sure, as an artist, i'd want someone who can't separate my music from whatever tiny political or personal ideas and ideals i may have listening to my music. if your listening to it for some reason other than how it sounds and how that sound effects you emotionally, turn it off. you aren't listening to it.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  4:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well me and ben will watch this with our deadwood.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  4:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Between Dan and Robin, I think I understand both ends of the spectrum, and I can honestly say I respect both of your positions. I think if you drew a line from one concept to the other, though, I'd be closer to Dan's end. (That might have been obvious from my previous post.) Interestingly, I think my dad would be closer to Robin's end. Not sure where on the scale Fluffy would land... maybe he'll find this thread.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dicksmokes.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  9:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

if someone wrote a song called "fuck dan p." and it was good, i'd listen to it.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

Wagner rules by the way! I'd travel hours to see his stuff performed live and well.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I bet Ben Pezzner could come up with Dan's song... or does he only do covers?

Speaking of covers, I found a cool website called SecondhandSongs.com that is an online database of covers. I had no idea that Cake had re-made "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" by Doris Day.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  6:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think regardless of a musicians views the music still express' the emotions and feeling of the musician/composer and speak to help us better understand the human condition. However I still refuse to support Wal Mart. Doesn't mean that I might not like the music or anything like that, but I hate giving money to things I despise.

I agree with dan about the person writing a song about hating him yet still listening to it if the music was good. I'd do the same. However I wouldn't buy the album if I knew money was going to hire a hit man or something.

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  4:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fuck me im excited for this release, i've been wanting all these shows on dvd for over a decade now.

and next week is a good week to go to walmart, picking up an expansion pack to a pc game.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
got my copy today, it was on sale too. website it is 25 bucks in store is 19.99

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000