Congrats to DMB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  11:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kudo's to DMB for winning 4 awards on thee VH1 music awards over the weekend (3 on the show and one off the show). It's about time someone with real talent started winning at these damn shows, screw MTV and Limp Bisquick and all those pre-recorded 'boy bands.'

Oh yeah ... since when has Bon Jovi [i]ever[/b] been cool?

[/RANT]

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  12:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was nice to see them get some recognition... I loved Dave's comment about how you could see the rack on the award up close, what a damn pimp.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  12:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was hilarious. I also thought that Dave was quite modest each time he accepted the award. He kept saying how all the bands that they beat in that category are so much better than them.

I can see him being modest when it came to the beatles, but everyone else in those categories didn't compare :)

-----------------------
Post Whore
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  12:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree... he and Boyd were very cool about everything. I have to say I almost shit myself when I saw that BON JOVI won for best live act. I remain convinced that it was a joke by the voters... kinda like voting the biggest nerd in school homecoming king just to fuck with them.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  12:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bon Jovi is so .... uh .... I choose not to comment. On the other hand, man, they are so not worthy of that award. DMB live is truely amazing, the great vibe you get from everyone there and the music in totally surreal. You can't get that feeling from "Bad Medicine ..." or "I'm a cowboy .." - what the hell??!? Kid rock want's to be a cowboy too, him and Bon Jovi should get together and for the "We Suck a Lot" tour and see how many people piss in their apple juice.

Blargh ...

-----------------------
Post Whore
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  12:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoever voted for Bon Jovi obviously hasen't seen acts like DMB or Eric Clapton in person before... like you said... such a cool ass mamajama vibe going on at the shows, not to mention that cock rock left with the 80's. I guess nobody has told Bon Jovi that they lost their jobs when Kobain came onto the scene about a decade ago.
-J

Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2001 :  3:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Its about time.

-p

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000