Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Alien image>>>
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  11:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I cannot even imagine how long it must have taken to create this.

http://alien.localhost.be/

-J

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  11:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's another... beware the penguins...

http://www.icantping.com/~mmasuda/penguin.html

-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  12:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good lord.... there is someone with a more meaningless life then mine.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  01:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
STOP IT! IT'S SCARY! I NEED AN ADULT!!!

but seriously, that guy needs a life..unless he get's payed alot to do that...my bass teacher told me a funny quote 2day: "The key to life is finding something you like to do. The key to survival is finding someone stupid enough to pay you to do it."

Insert Signature Here
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  01:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
"The key to life is finding something you like to do. The key to survival is finding someone stupid enough to pay you to do it."

I am sooooo screwed. who is gunna pay me to do nuthin

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  11:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, if you allot 1 minute to each pixel (character), it would take about 1300 hours for the penguin (counting all the blacks and whites, which are about 60%, give or take, of the artwork) and a bit less for the alien. So pretty damn long, even if you the whites and blacks were easy, 40% of 1300 hours is 3 weeks straight. Wow.

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  11:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If every bit on the penguin (8 bits to a character, 77,871 characters), all 622,968 of them, was a square kilometer, well, that would be a lot of square kilometers.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  11:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
STOP IT!!! None of that lernin stuff here! head hurt...must..sleep..now.

Insert Signature Here
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2001 :  11:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I to need sleep. Good night Mommy.

Go to Top of Page

SmokeHacker
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  12:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, those probably took about 30 seconds to make. There are programs that will take any picture and convert them into ASCII pictures (like the 2 mentioned above).

I have had the program used to create those for a while, if you would like a demonstration simply reply and tell me what picture you'd like turned into an ASCII image.

Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  09:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think your right on the money smokehacker,

-p

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  10:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's pretty cool... didn't know there were programs that did that. Could you do a picture of Tim from the website?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  10:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just like a Penguin in Bondage baby

Go to Top of Page

SmokeHacker
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  4:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.geocities.com/dmbtabbers/Tim.html

Unfortunately I only have the trial version of the program with me at home (i have the registered version at school), so I could only make it binary text (instead of custom text). Just a simple example to show that it is not difficult to do, and can be interesting if customized (font size, custom text, etc...)

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2001 :  6:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats kewl dude

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  06:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My guess, without knowing anything about that kind of stuff, is...I bet the characters are just random and then they just superimpose the colors over them to create the image. Can that be done? I bet it would be fairly simple. Otherwise, I agree, someone has less of a life than even me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000