New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  4:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me out with the second part of Kashmir that Tim plays in Stream. I know the first part (guitar part), but I can't seem to figure out the horn part. The tab on the site seems a bit wrong, but much better than what I could come up with. Thanks!

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  2:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the general idea is something like this:

|-10--10----8-8---5-5--3-3---1-1-----------|
|-10--10----8-8---5-5--3-3---1-1-----------|
|-12--11---10-9---7-6--5-4---3-2-----------|
|---------------------------------3-2-0----|
|------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------3-2-0----|

sus4 chords to major chords, chord change, repeat, and then the 32-0 on the D. TIM probably throws more bass notes in there as well.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

chris
Is Anybody Here?

44 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  2:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tuned in CGCFAD

----------------------------------
13-12-11-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-----------
12-12-10-10-7-7-5-5-3-3-----------
14-12-12-10-9-7-7-5-5-3-----------
----------------------------------
------------------------0-0-3-2-0-
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  5:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome guys thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  8:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
looks good chris, but TIM doesn't play Stream with that tuning - just drop D.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  04:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he's just showing what Tim actually tunes to nowadays. I'm pretty sure I saw a Tim DVD and he was tuned a whole step below standard (DGCFAD), so the 'drop D' equivelant for that tuning would be CGCFAD. I'm not sure what Tim uses on "Stream" the album, but he definately has experimented with lower tunings at live shows.
Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  8:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think he's just showing what Tim actually tunes to nowadays. I'm pretty sure I saw a Tim DVD and he was tuned a whole step below standard (DGCFAD), so the 'drop D' equivelant for that tuning would be CGCFAD. I'm not sure what Tim uses on "Stream" the album, but he definately has experimented with lower tunings at live shows.

thats exactly what chris is doing, i think he specifically tabbed it from the 4/30/05 show at hamilton college.

www.myspace.com/travismoore3
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  10:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You got busted, Matt.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  4:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  1:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I asked Marcus about this and he informed me of the same. Marcus says TR recorded Stream on 6 string and now he plays it on 12. He mentioned that he plays it a stepdown and thats how he incorportates Kashmir. Marcus does this as well when he covers it. There is a link to Marcus covering it in the Marcus Eaton thread in the Friends forum.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

TheME
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  2:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheME's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tis true,

The original version of Stream (from the album Stream) is played on a twelve string with a standard dropped D tuning. The version from "Live at Luther College" is played on a 6 string with a standard dropped D as well. Now Tim is tuning his twelve string a whole step down and the dropped D becomes a dropped C...That's some down-LO, near baritone funky-ass sound.
Chris' horn arrangement is more accurate to the original tune..I have not personally seen Tim play this version, so I do not know which one is closer to Tim's part...

Hope this helps,

MARCUS
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  07:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, not TheME.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000