music drugs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  01:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just wanted to say that music is definitely like a drug for me. i have honestly never smoked anything that gets people high, or drank anything either, so music for me is a drug. it is infectious and controls every thought at this point for me. i dl Tim shows off of archive.org almost every couple weeks and listen to them til i memorize every part. music makes me feel certain emotions, and it is getting easier to feel emotion in music for me. i come up with stuff on guitar everyday that goes along with emotions i am feeling. music has made me cry, and most recently i was driving home from dropping off friends at the airport, and i was listening to To Touch Yearning and Open it Up and Smile and i was on the verge of tears the entire way home. it was so amazing, i love music. im sure everyone here can relate to me on this statement...possibly not so much on the drug part, but on the music aspect you guys understand.

www.myspace.com/travismoore3

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  3:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I totally hear you. I've often said that music is my best friend. Sounds lame, I know... but I think it's true. Music is always there for me, and has gotten me through some tough times.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  6:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Amen, Biff.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  01:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well said biff.

i believe that it is emotions that gives people humanity. in order to be perfectly human, we cannot shut any one emotion off. from the heights of love and joy to the depths of hate and sorrow, it's all necessary. happiness, fear, love, jealousy, empathy, anger. all these and everything in between is what makes us who we are. the more intensely we allow ourselves to feel these things, the more we come to know ourselves and experience more fully what it is to be human. music gives us the ability to feel as we may not normally feel. we can indulge in emotions in a way we might not usually do. it makes us human, and helps us explore the depths of what we can feel.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  02:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Music is the perfect reflection of the human experience.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  12:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i believe that it is emotions that gives people humanity. in order to be perfectly human, we cannot shut any one emotion off. from the heights of love and joy to the depths of hate and sorrow, it's all necessary. happiness, fear, love, jealousy, empathy, anger. all these and everything in between is what makes us who we are. the more intensely we allow ourselves to feel these things, the more we come to know ourselves and experience more fully what it is to be human.

You know, I think that's the basic theme of the humans vs. the cylons struggle in the new Battlestar Galactica.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  2:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha, never seen that. but i'm not at all surprised to find that once again, my opinions have their roots in sci fi and fantasy.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000