TIm's Acoustic Guitar Choice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2001 :  2:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know he plays Martins.....but I was just curious how did he get into them (Martins that is)? What was his first acoustic guitar? I think this qualifies as a good topic here. Please forgive me if this is already on another post.

chip616
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2001 :  4:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Send chip616 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont know about his first acoustic, probably a shitty harmony or something like the rest of us (although jimmy page played a harmony on all the zep albums), but anyway I know he used to play a Gibson, a J-45 maybe, Im not too sure its on the cover or stream, and thats the one featured on live at luther college.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  12:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
isn't that an Ibenez (sp?) he is holding in the stream inserts? By the way, how are those? I have one of those sitting in my closet, I don't get a chance to fuck around on it as much as I'd like to.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  3:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have an Ibanez acoustic, and it is one of the best guitars i've ever played. Some sound awesome, while others aren't as good, but they all are good, quality guitars. ( Tim played an Ibanez Axe Seven String.)

Jay
Have you ever been eating pistachios, and you get a real rotten one? That is the nastiest tasting thing on this planet, let me tell you what..
Go to Top of Page

chip616
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2001 :  4:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Send chip616 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nah man thats a gibson, not sure on the model though, have to ask jon or post a message for fluffy.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
Go to Top of Page

FeelingDoors
Is Anybody Here?

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2001 :  01:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one on the stream inserts is most definetly a gibson, I'm not sure what model though. And I dont think it was the same one he played at Luther college although I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure he played his Martin D-35 at that show and I know he plays Martins now. I too have an Ibanez acoustic, i dont really like it, Its way to muffled beacuase of its horrible laminate coat and weighs a ton.

Still Strumming,
Will
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2001 :  08:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim's first guitar was a cheap acoustic that his dad gave him, and he cant remember the brand name. As far as stream goes... its a Gibson on the cover and he also uses a 12 string yamaha on that recording as well

-Fluffy in Jon's house

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2001 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jsoldo...your have quinched my thirst for knoweldge on this topic.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2001 :  8:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Our Pleasure. Glad you are so easily satiated.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000