I TABBED OUT THE MESSENGER!!!1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  10:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha i wish... would that even be possible? did anyone click on this believing me for a second?

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

Bakun214
Try A Little Harder

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  10:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Bakun214 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that's just cruel..

had me goin for a bit.

Aliens from other dimensions love you man...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  10:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I clicked, but I didn't believe it. I don't think it can be done. There was a school of thought, perhaps it still exists, that Messenger is in a different tuning.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  10:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I asked Tim about Messenger at the 3/1 show, he said it was the 12 standard tuned and he just did a weird improv thing with it, never really meant to be a 'song' per se. Never duplicated from what he tells me.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  2:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, that settles it then. That's one of the most amazing improv bits ever.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  8:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would like to listen to Tim just do that for an hour straight. I don't care how dissodant he gets with it. I just wanna see him sit down, go "i'm just gonna dick around for a while, now," and just make my brain leak out my ears.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  3:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We got to sit while Tim noodled at the Wilkes_Barre show, needless to say, I felt privileged.

Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
freaky shit
Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim should play a show for his forum people. that would be cool cause we could meet and we would all be respectful of Tims playing, and no one would be yelling "TIMMMAAAAAAAAAY" (that pisses me off). and we could talk to him as people who really know him and know his stuff.

www.myspace.com/travismoore3
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  11:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am gonna try and finnagle that up...

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  12:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Even just a half-hour clip of Tim playing privately to post for the people on the forum would be enormously generous. I would imagine it would be quite an incredible more-incredible-than-usual video, too, considering most people play better alone in their rooms.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  11:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i could have sworn that messenger had an alternate tuning of some kind. oh well. guess it doesn't. that makes it even more staggering.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  2:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't have believed it either had it not come from TR himself.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000