Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Victor Wooten review:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  5:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saw Victor Wooten last week, and big surprise, it was AMAZING! I thought that since this was my 2nd time seeing him & his band that I wouldn't be standing there with my jaw laying on the floor so I could just chill and enjoy the music a bit more, but boy was I wrong. They seemed to have played a lot of new stuff off Soul Circus, which I don't have, so that was cool to hear. Also, Reggie got about 15 minutes on stage alone, and he TORE THE FUCKING HOUSE DOWN, playing a medley of Hendrix & Zepp songs, and then just jamming with some of most impressing use of tapping, harmonics, feedback, and teeth playing I've seen. The crowd went apeshit when he finished. The funiest part was I saw the security guard posted side-stage-right was just standing there with his jaw on the floor too... oblivious to everything else going on around him. My girlfriend had never heard or seen Wooten before, and she is now a fan for life. ***** show for sure.

god
Kevin

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  11:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wooten is one of my heros. He inspired me to learn the bass. I have yet to see him live, but would give anything to. I'm sure that everyone here knows him, but just in case, the links below will help educate you. Does anyone know if he is coming to the SouthEast any time soon?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kNymHFyLj-w&search=wooten

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qugrKBv-WN8&search=wooten
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  01:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting thos vid links, awesome jam w/ Reggie there.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the Wooten family is a bug fuckload of talent. Is Reggie still all cracked out?

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  04:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i went to the 3/5 show in san diego

amazing

and yes, reggie is crackhead with mr scrooge dreads... the most amazing 3 hours... his band is top notch
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  06:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where I can find tour dates for this. I've been trying to catch a show for ever
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  12:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think his mini west coast tour is over now, sorry bro

www.jambase.com is a good site thatll keep you updated
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  9:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'll check it out.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000