d&t tuning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  4:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the reason that tim and dave play tuned up to an F when they play their D+T shows? My guess is that they are accomodating Dave's voice, but he seems to do fine when the guitar is tuned to E...

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  4:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tuned to F? Thats news to me?

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  4:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well either my tuner is broken or its tuned up a half step =D my guitar is supposedly tuned to an E, and all of my D+T shows i have seem to be 1/2 step higher. Let me know if I am crazy.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  5:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well if D&T play tuned to F, then so does DMB on all their albums. You should compare them. I think that would be your tuner's fault. I often use Typical Situation to get the E to tune my guitar.

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  6:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah im pretty much 100% sure that they are all standard tuning on everything, dave isnt the dude from the goo goo dolls

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  6:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Alright, it's time for a new tuner...dangit

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  6:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We go thru tuners on the road with TR like he goes thru guitar picks. The only thing we have to buy more of is strings and BOSS power supply cords. Wish they could make one of those that lasts. Awwww, UTOPIA!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  6:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I use the MUTEC RLD-120 to power my BOSS pedals, it's basically the same as the Roland PSA-120, and a little bit cheaper. Not sure about the quality but it hasn't quit on me yet.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  6:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
do you use it touring? I think it is all the unplugging an plugging it in day after day, and coiling up the cord that takes it's toll.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  7:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
touring? ah, no, not yet at least

Maybe you should train Rew to be a bit more gentle with the equipment?? Well I guess it's better than him taking his aggression out on the fans! j/k hehe

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2001 :  7:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We take very good care of the equipment, I just think it is not built for the rigors of the road.(No Xar, I did not say Rigor Mortis, stop getting excited) Thanx for your suggestion though, duly noted!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

IndianaJames
Is Anybody Here?

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2001 :  7:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Send IndianaJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm convinced they have used alternate tunings occasionally.....even between songs. Listen to 2/17/97 (I think) as an example of the alt tuning. Try to play a std. tuned guitar along with it and you'll find they're off.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2001 :  11:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave I have a show where they are tuned up half a step... you're not crazy.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2001 :  12:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*big sigh of relief*

Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2001 :  01:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah its all standard tuning, except for a one show i have, (i think ill go check)

-p

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000