Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Sad to say
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  02:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
but due to some unfortunate circumstances, we were unable to attend the show tonight in Lancaster, PA.

So I have gone to every show (3 including tonight) since Thursday. I will never forget this awesome experience and the amazing performances that Tim has shared with all of us. It was really inspiring, and DAMN, he has such a true and real connection to incredible song writing and catasrophic meoldy and innovation.

So what we thought was an hour or so drive was actually about 2 hours, we were pumped, eyes bloodshot and we parked in a nice convenient garage across the street and stood in line for about 15 minutes.

When we got to the door to buy tickets my friend (who will remain nameless, but someone who was on his 4th Tim show this week, all set to video tape, again.)

He lacked a new, modern form of ID, with the hologram and all the other security implications. He had a photo ID and a non photo driver's liscence. The meglomaniac door thug, who foams at the thought of turning someone away, obsessed with the little power he was bestoed, turned my friend away, someone who can play and name more Tim Reynolds songs than mentally possble, or so I thought. One of Tim's biggest and greatest fans. So Me and Mike rolled in, leaving my friend stranded, we went to see if we could find anyone to help us out.

After a beer and much critical thinking, we realized that we should join our friend and leave this venue, being that all options have been attempted.

So off we drove, about 45 minutes after we arrived.

We stopped at some local pub, drank beer and ate european pub food.

We then got lost, went in a circle, and went back the wway we came.

We then stopped in Easton, and saw a really great blue grass band.

After some steady drinking, we went off, back to new jersey, where I currently sit, and write a message to others whoprobably care less.

Tonight sucked we couldn;t get in, but, no matter what, if you just roll along and make the best of what you got, you will cruise easily to the path of relaxed inhebriation and ultimate musical consiousness.

Thanks Tim, your music, attitude, fans, songs, ability, energy karma, crew, ideas, and hospitality transend to the top of one of the first and most important creations in the history of humankind....music.....real inventive incredible music.

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  04:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I'm so bummed about what happened to you. Yes they were VERY anal there. When I went in they of course made me show my photo ID, and asked if I had any drugs or knives! I felt like saying oh yeah, I have a knife, you mean I can't take my knife in? I am glad now I didn't say that, god knows they probably wouldn't have seen the humor in it, LOL.

I would say you didn't miss much but that would be lying. Tim was amazing. Every time I see him I think I am prepared for what he is going to play, every time I find out I am not. He always blows me away! I am too tired to give a set list, not sure I remember all the songs, Come Together, Indoctrinate, Feeling Doors, sorry, my mind is mush, I just got home. I'm not used to late nights, I usually get up about this time of day!

The crowd was loud. Jack had the place filled with his groupies. I don't want to sound mean, but I was not at all impressed with him as an opener. He seemed nice enough, but the music and lyrics to most of what he played were mediocre at best. Thats all I am going to say about him.

The venue was about what I expected which wasn't much. Don't care to ever go back there.

I had a blast seeing Erich again and his friend Ariel who is awesome! Ariel if you read this, please email me! I hope your head isn't spinning when you wake up tomorrow! (And yes, I am going to look up my copy of Ira Sleeps Over tomorrow, LOL!)

Whitney, very nice to meet you too.

Fluffy, what can I say? Always wonderful to see you and I thank you for the many Fluffy hugs, they will carry me through til I see you again. Rew, get a lap top computer, LOL! TIM...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, You are my sanity!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  10:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam, sorry I couldn't meet you because of facist intervention. Hopefully, next time Tim is around, the government will have installed microchips in all of our brains so they can just give me an MRI or some crap to extract all pertinent personal information.

It really seemed to make the experience seem incomplete, and I effectively made Mike and Dave drive 2 hours for nothing. Though, I am extremely grateful I finally got the chance to chill with my hero and meet Fluffy and Rew. You guys fucking wail. Hope to catch you all again when you're back in the Northeast...or anywhere within 4 hours or so of here! Rawk on.

Oh, Fluffy, I'll email you about getting you and Tim copies of those HST DVDs...I definitely want you guys to check those out. Hopefully you all can enjoy all that other crap I gave Tim! Thanks again.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  2:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man! Both you and HRW, eh Rubylith? That really sucks.

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time Pam, one day the west coasters will have to figure out a way to get over to the east and we'll have a TR National Convention, ha ha.

April's right around the corner, thank goodness.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like the TR National Convention Idea, that would be off the chain
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  3:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been discussed before, but the logistics need to be worked out.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000