Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Connection speed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  5:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey what's your connection speed/type?

I have cable modem. I don't know the speed, don't want to bother testing it. Just curious what other TR fans have.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  11:53:50 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have cable. My DL speeds have gotten up to nearly 600K when downloading bit torrents, but my upload rarely passes 35K. I'm not sure what the actual standard connection speed is supposed to be, but I usually have no complaints.
Go to Top of Page

peewee_zz
Chatterbox

157 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  08:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit peewee_zz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My connection at home is cable modem, however I generally waste time at work to post on this message board which has a T1 line:

The "official" speeds for connections are as follows:
Modem: 56kbs
ISDN: 56kbs-1.5mbs (depending on country actually)
DSL: 128k
Cable: 100kbs-300kbs (Depending on service area)
T-1: 1.5mbs upload and download simultainiously
ADSL: About 8mbs
T-2: 6.3mbps
T-3: 44.7mbps
T-4: 274mbps
T-5: 400mbps

Except for T-carrier lines which have simultanious and equal upload speeds as download speed, most service have a standard of 64k upload speed. ADSL specifically have a standard of 64k but can be most easily upgraded. Cable modems are according to the service provider and you might, but I doubt, be able to work out a deal for more upload speed. However, offically a cable modem has the total bandwidth of 512kbs to 1.5mbs. Good luck getting a cable company to allow you that much bandwidth

"That's your true fan base. Everybody else will love you and leave you like an epileptic at a laser light show." -- Me
Go to Top of Page

peewee_zz
Chatterbox

157 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  08:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit peewee_zz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Correction: ISDN is 64kbs-1.5mbs

"That's your true fan base. Everybody else will love you and leave you like an epileptic at a laser light show." -- Me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000