***Spring 2006 Video Taper's Rollcall***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  8:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just thought it would be nice to get a thread for everyone that is going to video to talk in here so they can work out multicam mixes. Plus it lets people know what is getting taped.

But remember people that this in know way means that you can hassle them into releasing their tapes the next day. These things take time so lets make this tour as successful as possible.

Just reply with what show youre going to and what you are using to tape. I will update this post with the dates and information for other tapes to see.

OUT FOR LUNCH

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  04:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
barring any unforeseen circumstances, which seem to be creeping in (unfortunately)

4/20/06 Belly Up - Solana Beach (SD)
4/21/06 Coach House - San Juan Capistrano
4/22/06 Mint - LA

main cam: Sony PC110
2nd cam: unknown JVC

hopefully the batteries last me through both marcus and tim.

note 1: audio will be greatly appreciated. either audience sourced or soundboard feed.
note 2: i will have a friend or 2 with the me the first 2 nights. but i will probably have to solo the LA show (21+). i am still planning on having 2 cams of each night, but i may need some help (depending on how far apart i set the camcorders)
note 3: it will take time to release these nights (especially if someone else tape and wants to seriously multi-mix). im a student + i will have to work many extra hours to cover tickets/tapes/gas so time isnt on my side. tr fans are actually real courteous and not as demanding of shows, so im not too worried, but thought id throw this in as a precaution.

cheers to hoping for the very best
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  11:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have "clearance" from the owners of the following venues to tape audio/ video.

3-29 The Dream Theatre, Tahlequah OK

3-31 Granada Theatre, Dallas TX

4-1 Jakes Backroom, Lubbock TX

Also, I work for a large newspaper in DFW and I have permission from the music critic to tape the interview with TR if he is available. So, that will just be a "bonus" on the Dallas DVD if I am able to capture it.

JoshMartin

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

blguillen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  12:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit blguillen's Homepage  Send blguillen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will be doing the following 4 shows:

04-20-06 Belly Up Tavern Solana Beach, CA
04-21-06 The Coach House San Juan Capistrano, CA
04-22-06 The Mint Los Angeles, CA
04-23-06 Soho Santa Barbara, CA

All will be Schoeps MK4's > NBox > Microtrack (24 Bit)
and Sounboard > Edirol R-1 (16 Bit)

The SoHo show will be Soundboard > DAT

Cheers!

-dialect, I can help you out with whatever you need.

Edit: I misread the thread title...I thought it was just 'tapers' rollcall. I'm doing audio only...but can help with videoing if need be (I don't have a camera but can help tape with one)

Bobby Lee Guillen
blguillen@gmail.com / blguillen@msn.com
aim - blguillen

www.nancies.org | best stop for dmb!
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php | Live Music Archive Admin
www.sharingthegroove.org
Shoeps MK4's > nbox > dat/laptop
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  2:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try and get my camera from home before the Athens Ohio show...but it's looking doubtful :(

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  2:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very cool idea. The more chacks and balences we have for a datebase, the better. This way if someone asks if a show was taped, we can just check back to this thread. Good work jsemon2!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
3/3 Mexiacli
3/4 Lancaster

I will need audio...so I am hoping those guys are around as well. I think Teaneck will be fine, but haven't heard anything about the next night.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  8:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Very cool idea. The more chacks and balences we have for a datebase, the better. This way if someone asks if a show was taped, we can just check back to this thread. Good work jsemon2!

i just hope that people dont complain it is taking months for soemthing to get authored.

but i am offering my services and help to anyone that may need it.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

KarlJ
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  9:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to try to do lancaster or state college or maybe both
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  11:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blguillen

I will be doing the following 4 shows:

04-20-06 Belly Up Tavern Solana Beach, CA
04-21-06 The Coach House San Juan Capistrano, CA
04-22-06 The Mint Los Angeles, CA
04-23-06 Soho Santa Barbara, CA

All will be Schoeps MK4's > NBox > Microtrack (24 Bit)
and Sounboard > Edirol R-1 (16 Bit)

The SoHo show will be Soundboard > DAT

Cheers!

-dialect, I can help you out with whatever you need.

Edit: I misread the thread title...I thought it was just 'tapers' rollcall. I'm doing audio only...but can help with videoing if need be (I don't have a camera but can help tape with one)

perfect. i will see you at the shows and we can arrange whatever we need to then.

cheers
joe
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  09:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be on:

March 1 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
March 2 - The Canal Room, NYC (haven't contacted yet)
March 3 - Mexicali Blues, Teaneck, NJ

All with a mini-DV...does anyone know if I can record audio to a laptop from any soundboard? If so, that would be great.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  12:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Date	       Video Taper(s)	                Audio Taper(s)
03.01.06	Jared Susney	
03.02.06	Jared Susney	
03.03.06	Space Monkey, Jared Susney	
03.04.06	Space Monkey	
03.29.06	Josh Martin	                Josh Martin
03.31.06	Josh Martin	                Josh Martin
04.01.06	Josh Martin	                Josh Martin
04.20.06	Joe Park (2 cams)	       Bobby Lee Guillen
04.21.06	Joe Park (2 cams)	       Bobby Lee Guillen
04.22.06	Joe Park (2 cams)	       Bobby Lee Guillen

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  12:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok guys this is going to be my first time taping, Im bringing the handy cam and Im doing chicago 17th and 21st grand rapids..... any pointers would be appreciated. thanks Rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  03:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaRavyn

ok guys this is going to be my first time taping, Im bringing the handy cam and Im doing chicago 17th and 21st grand rapids..... any pointers would be appreciated. thanks Rob

i dont know what kind of pointers youre looking for, but ive found out that less is more. constantly changing angles and zooming in and out repeatedly can be annoying. especially with a solo artist.

83 minute minidv tapes are a blessing and tripods are a god send.

unwrap the plastic from the tapes. its surprising how hard it is to get them off when youre trying not to lose footage.

hopefully you have fun
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  03:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KarlJ

I am going to try to do lancaster or state college or maybe both

keep us updated bro

i have an excel file and labeled you in red until we know for sure which dates.

thanks for taping, cheers
joe
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  11:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point dialect...

Keep it simple.

JoshMartin

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  12:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoshMartin

Good point dialect...

Keep it simple.

JoshMartin

for sure, it lets you enjoy the show as well.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  11:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quick update (only listing dates with tapers):

2/17 - Rob [video/audio]
2/18 - [audio]
2/21 - Rob [video/audio] - Aaron [audio]
2/28 - KarlJ*, Josh(bluewaterdmb)*
3/1 - Jared, Don*
3/2 - Jared
3/3 - Jared, SpaceMonkey
3/4 - KarlJ*, Tim Brown*, SpaceMonkey [video] - Chad, Tim Brown [audio]
3/29 - Josh Martin [video/audio]
3/31 - Josh Martin [video/audio], DMBTex10101(2cam)*
4/1 - Josh Martin [video/audio], Mark*
4/20 - Joe Park(2cam) [video] - BLGuillen [audio]
4/21 - Joe Park(2cam) [video] - BLGuillen [audio]
4/22 - Joe Park(2cam) [video] - BLGuillen [audio]
4/23 - BLGuillen [audio]

* not sure if they will do it or not, let us know if you can do it. thanks in advance.

if you have anything to add, let me know
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  12:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be videotaping 2-16-6 in Johnston, IA.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  1:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mlb1399

I will be videotaping 2-16-6 in Johnston, IA.

who are you? you got a way to be contacted? email me at john@johnsemon.com

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  1:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously I am new to this site. I spend most of my time on dmbtabs and antsmarching. I started a thread on dmbtabs and someone recommended I post over on this thread.

I have never taped before so this will be my first time. Any advice would be good.

I have a guy from antsmarching that is going to arthur the dvd for me.

I also post by the same name on dmbtabs. I check that site a few times a day and that is probably the best way to get a hold of me.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  1:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
KarlJ, you said somehting about doing the State College show...let me know if you are gonna do that, cause my buddy Matt Winn is gonna be opening for TIM, and we'd like to get his set on the DVD as well, so get back to me, and maybe we can work something out. Thanks a lot.

Ps, your email addy doesnt work.

Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  2:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I posted in another thread:

Hopefully, I will be able to video record this show for everyone. I am running into a lot of obstacles with the Hilton Garden Inn. They told me last week that I could tape the concert. Then when I call this week to see if I can plug into an electrical outlet they tell me I can't.

They said they need to speak to Tim's agent to get approval even though I have offered to provide them the link on this site that show's Tim allows it. I have been trying for 4 days to get a response out of them and not only are they not getting an answer they are not returning calls. At this point I feel like I am harassing them. Since I am borrowing the cam corder I need to know in advance to bring it to the show as I will not have time to drive it back home before the show.

Wouldn't you think 4 days would be enough to contact tim's management to get approval?

Any suggestions guys?
Go to Top of Page

KarlJ
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  9:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Hopeful I have been away from my computer for a couple of days. Shoot me an email @ karljwirth@yahoo.com. I am currently in South Carolina but I am moving back to the State College area on Tuesday the 17. Shoot me an email and I will give you my cell number and we can talk about it.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  3:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Karl, that email link doesnt appear to work properly. My AIM is JustJared411 and my email is jadphex@gmail.com, let me know what your plans are. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  12:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it looks like 4/22 wont be getting taped.

venue gave me a hard time and said $75 a cam. sorry guys

cheers
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  10:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As of today I'll be at the Canal Room as well.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  10:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll pay the 75.

Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  11:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

I'll pay the 75.

thanks for the offer bro. hit me up on email and we'll talk

or dialect1luv on aim
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  11:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that is badass jared that you are willing to help chip in.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  4:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats fucking shit that they want money, but I have no problem paying it. I'll IM dialect as soon as I see him on.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Any update for the State College show at the crowbar? KarlJ?

I am recording my own set on audio for whoever might be able to videotape it.

If you can videotape this show, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  12:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Matt, I have some contacts at PSU via my brother and son so I will see if I can get someone to video tape the show. Regardless, I would love a copy of your set! I am very excited for my son to finally get to hear (and see)you play. I hope its a good size crowd as it is midterm week, spring break starts Sat.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  10:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! thanks Pam!

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

cjmartin315
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  11:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend and I will be at State College tomorrow with 2 cams. I will tape your set barring any unforeseen circumstances. I will post when I get home Wednesday.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  12:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i will be going to and taping the lubbock texas (4/1) show. dont expect any great cinematography because its gonna be on a tripod(i like to watch tim through my eyes)

www.myspace.com/travismoore3
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  3:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cjmartin, thanks so much. I will be recording a direct feed of my songs (except if I throw in a cover or two) so we can convene later to sync the audio with your vid. You rock!

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueWaterDMB
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  11:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueWaterDMB an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will be videotaping tomorrow night's performance at the Crowbar. Come and say hey.
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  12:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome. I don't know a lot of your faces - anybody is welcome to come up and say hey - I'll be the guy with the guitar. So pumped!

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  09:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i didnt even notice the new tour dates for San Antonio and San Marcos, TX!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME, b/c now i get to go to 3 Tim concerts, so i might actually pass up the one in Lubbock (cause its 6 hrs away as opposed to 1hr and 3hrs at the other two places)!!this is so cool, SOOO COOL! i'll definitely be at the San Antonio one and the San Marcos and i will be taping. im so excited, 1 month

www.myspace.com/travismoore3
Go to Top of Page

blguillen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit blguillen's Homepage  Send blguillen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

I'll pay the 75.

yeah thats awesome!

I'll end up stealthing (openly) the show more than likely. w00t!

Bobby Lee Guillen
blguillen@gmail.com / blguillen@msn.com
aim - blguillen

www.nancies.org | best stop for dmb!
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php | Live Music Archive Admin
www.sharingthegroove.org
Shoeps MK4's > nbox > dat/laptop
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  12:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be recording the two new TX stops.

San Antonio & San Marcos :)

JoshMartin

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

dialect
Try A Little Harder

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  03:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit dialect's Homepage  Send dialect an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so far so good guys, out of 29 shows planned (january to april), 19 shows have been taped or will be taped. and who knows who might show up at the remaining 10 dates that are not scheduled to be taped.

this is amazing guys. and we will have enough tim to last us until his next tour.
Go to Top of Page

titow
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  1:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoshMartin

I will be recording the two new TX stops.

San Antonio & San Marcos :)

JoshMartin

Josh,

I e-mailed you a few days ago about maybe recording in Lubbock also. Not sure if you got my e-mail, so I thought I'd try here. Shoot me an e-mail if you didn't get the last one. Thanks.

tito
Go to Top of Page

titow
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  11:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have JoshMartin's e-mail? I tried e-mailing him a few times (with the e-mail listed on his account here), but he hasn't gotten back to me. I think I might tape in Lubbock also, but I wanted to talk to him about meeting up, setting up, recording tips, etc.

Maybe some of ya'll can help me too. I've never video taped a show. Have done numerous audio recordings, but no video. Here's my setup:

Sony DCR-HC40
NP-FP70 battery (230-250 minutes)
NP-FP50 battery (110-120 minutes)
DVM60 Panasonic DVC tapes (60 SP mode)

What else should I bring (I assume a tripod would be nice)? Any other suggestions anyone has (different tapes?, etc). Thanks.

tito

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  12:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You'll def want a tripod, but you'll be ok with those tapes. Set em to LP if your cam will do it.

Go to Top of Page

titow
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  2:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does LP not degrade the quaility? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I just don't know much about video.

tito
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  2:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eh, I recorded the 3/1, 3/2, and 3/3 shows in LP and they seemed to be OK. I just did it to avoid the extra tape change.

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i personally like SP, does LP degrade it, not really. you still get a nice quality.

but it is like scanning an image. the higher the resolution you scan it in, the better the image will look once you drop it down. 300dpi to 72dpi looks great. scanning at 72dpi looks bad. the dpi is the same in the end, but how you got there and what it looks like at the end isnt.

and when you work with video, the more tape it uses to record, the more data you will end up with. yeah you ultimately end up with dvds worth of data, but i would rather start with 60mins of video at SP then at LP. it requires more disc space but the quality will be better in the end. just like going from 300dpi image to 72dpi.

60min SP = 10gb
90min LP = 10gb

here are some 80min tapes you can use that will give you great results in SP mode
http://www.tapestockonline.com/sondv80minpr.html?tsoref=googadw&key=dvm80pr

but i prefer SP because it is captureing more data. hope this makes sense

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

titow
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  4:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help guys. I'll try it in Lubbock.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000