Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 super bowl anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  09:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend's mom asked me last night who I hoped won the superbowl. I told her I didn't even know who is playing. She gave me a look like what in the fuck do you have that cock and balls for if you don't know who is in the superbowl.

You know what? I do not give a shit. Say it slow:

I
do
not
give
a
shit

about the superbowl. Good for you if you do. Yes, I very well may watch it, but I have no interest in the outcome except from a curiosity perspective.

Anyway. Rant off.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm rooting for Bill Cower to crack a smile, man that guy is the scariest looking coach ever!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm rooting for someone to have potato skins. i love potato skins. honestly, though, i can't remember the last time i watched a football game.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jason you pussy! How can you not give a shit about football? j/k sorry had to say that, hehe

Actually, I like football and only have one thing to say about tomorrows game.......................................GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Having said that I might add that while I like football, I LOVE HOCKEY! Now if only the Flyers would get their act together! I have club box seats for Weds. game, damnit, they better win! I also already handed my money in for play off tickets, so they better start playing better or there won't be any play offs!

REAL MEN PLAY HOCKEY.....OR AT LEAST WATCH IT!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  04:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Jason you pussy! How can you not give a shit about football? j/k sorry had to say that, hehe

Actually, I like football and only have one thing to say about tomorrows game.......................................GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Having said that I might add that while I like football, I LOVE HOCKEY! Now if only the Flyers would get their act together! I have club box seats for Weds. game, damnit, they better win! I also already handed my money in for play off tickets, so they better start playing better or there won't be any play offs!

REAL MEN PLAY HOCKEY.....OR AT LEAST WATCH IT!

Shouldn't you be rooting for the Steelers, as you are from PA?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  07:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

My girlfriend's mom asked me last night who I hoped won the superbowl. I told her I didn't even know who is playing. She gave me a look like what in the fuck do you have that cock and balls for if you don't know who is in the superbowl... Yes, I very well may watch it, but I have no interest in the outcome except from a curiosity perspective.

Good attitude! John and I feel the same way. In fact, he likes to see how long he can go every year without knowing who's playing. It's much easier to do here in Germany! Last week somebody asked me "What's the Super Bowl?" It was great!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  08:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Arthen one would think I'd be for the Steelers. I used to be a fan of Pittsburg teams until my son went to PSU. Penn State is Steelers country and the people we ran into were such assholes. They basically hate Philadelphia teams. I admit, Philly has a reputation for being a bad "sports fan" town, but we aren't THAT bad, we just like to win,LOL. Anyway, most Philly fans might be for the Steelers, but that's because they don't know how the Pittsburg fans feel about us.

The other reason I like the Seahawks is because they never won a Super Bowl and Pittsburg has.

As for the political theme of the other thread with the same name, I prefer to see battles played on sports arenas, not in foreign countries.

Teri, I am disappointed in you and John. Football is so American.

It is funny, because I find on this board everyone is big on music, but not big on sports, not that there is anything wrong with that. The other music boards I go on are big on both......hummmm is there some hidden message there?LOL

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like the Steelers to win because I'm a big fan of Jerome Bettis and it'd be nice if they could pull off his last game being a Superbowl win.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah I see, well Arthen I guess one of us will be happy tonight, LOL.

Hey Jason, BTW, I really don't care if people like sports or not. I hope my comment to you came off the way it was intended, teasing you, not being mean.

I do think sports is a way to let out all the pent up stress we walk around with. Music is too. I will admit, I have seen people take sporting events WAY TOO seriously, it's just a game for pity sakes, no matter what level. It's entertainment. Actually the worst I have seen were parents on the side lines when my son played little league, jeeze louise, they were horrible! I was NOT at all sorry to see my son give up baseball!

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
People who watch football don't know who the Secretary of State is.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  4:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The secretary of what?????? LMAO

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  5:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Good attitude! John and I feel the same way. In fact, he likes to see how long he can go every year without knowing who's playing. It's much easier to do here in Germany! Last week somebody asked me "What's the Super Bowl?" It was great!

Seriously, good attitude? I thought I was being sort of an ass... or is this one of those times where I didn't read the sarcasm dripping off that.
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Hey Jason, I really don't care if people like sports or not. I hope my comment to you came off the way it was intended, teasing you, not being mean.
I knew you were teasing. You're too nice to be that blatantly mean, so I didn't even suspect that.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  04:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was not being sarcastic in any way. I think it's good to not get too caught up in sports. I used to live in LA, where a riot broke out at the Staples Center every time something happened in basketball or whatever. It was sad.

teri
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  12:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i remember the boston riots clearly. in fact, i think the whole point of sports is the rioting afterwards. otherwise, why bother? the beauty of the riot is that it's appropriate for all occasions. did our team win? yes! let's fuckin riot. did our team? no? fuck 'em, let's riot. excellent.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  2:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You rock, Dan.

teri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000