Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 super bowl anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anyone watching the pepsimicrosoftcocacolamryllynch super bowl?

I was a big football fan for about 10 years...I knew every meaningless stats and followed games religiously...

Then after realizing the pure corporate evilness of it (right in front of my face, duh)...and then just watching over the years of the HUGE security preparations during the game after 9/11...it seems they use events like this to "practice" the inevitable takeover...much like the "practice" during Hurricane Katrina.

here is an article from this year I found good.

Big Brother in full effect at Super Bowl XL

Evan Blass / Engadget | Feb 2 2006
http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/02/big-brother-in-full-effect-at-super-bowl-xl/

For anyone who doubts that we live in a 1984esque society, the high-tech surveillance that is planned for Super Bowl XL this Sunday should prove once and for all that not only has Big Brother arrived, he's moved in, unpacked, and cracked open a beer. According to super-secret spy gear manufacturer Intrepid Defense & Security Systems, the 5,468 law enforcement agencies monitoring everyone's movements, facial features, and heartbeats will have a new tool at their disposal for the first time at the 'Bowl- live-action 3-D holograms projected inside a box so top secret that this is the only pic we could find. The fuzz will be getting their spy-on from surveillance vans patrolling Detroit, and use remote long range, hidden miniature, and embedded street cameras to stream data to the LiveVision3D display and rendering software for viewing "three-dimensional holography that can reveal shadows, angles, depths and details unseen by conventional imaging." Since we have a few unpaid parking tickets from our college days, and shouldn't risk this type of public exposure, we think we'll skip the full-on surveillance assault and catch the game on our pimped out rig instead (from the Ultimate Man Cave Couch, perhaps?).

Now do a quick Google search:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=super%20bowl%20security&sa=N&tab=wn

What is happening to this great land of ours?

70 million people will then watch this mess of mind control and if they don't they'll still say something like...

"I only watch it for the commercials."

WHAT THE FUCK!!!?

that's all I have to say.

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  11:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holy fucking christ. tv is brainwashing, videogames are brainwashing, school is brainwashing, sports are brainwashing. is it a major event enjoyed by a lot of people? it must be brainwashing. have you ever considered the very real possibility you've been brainwashed? how about you re-examine your sources, and look at the way they use language. it's as bad, if not worse than the news sources you shun. guess what. prisonplanet? brainwashing. the only reason you haven't called music brainwashing is because you play music. true. hasn't it ever occured to you that people like something you don't for other reasons besides they were brainwashed?

this gadget is soooooo top secret they were only ones who could get a picture of it, and they could only get one. no one else on the fucking planet could get a picture of it, but engadget? yeah, they're all over it. impressive. "impressive" in this instance is being used in it's rare sense, meaning "bullshit." in fact, i question everything you believe. your mysterious "they," the new world order or whatever has absoultely nothing to prove it's real. all anyone can do is look at events and make guesses, like the rest of us.

i'll agree that not everything is being told to us, and i'll agree that sinister things have been done, are being done, and will be done. but i will never fear like you do. i will never let fear keep me from enjoying the things i've always enjoyed. you fear being brainwashed by tv, videogames, or whatever else you've tried to get people to stop doing? please. if it's possible to be brainwashed by those things, you're too fucking weak to lay claim to that mind at all.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  2:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mainstream music does dumb down the public...when you have millions of people listening to Creed or this rap shit where everyones wearing diamonds when slaves probably dug out those diamonds....the CEOs use the artists and use the peoplke listennig to make a buck.

I was brainwashed my whole life...I watched so much tv, played so many war video games...and ate horrible food. Looking back I regret damaging myself and wasting as much time as I did.

Since my "sources" aren't the corporate news that you prefer, perhaps this joyus revelry in pro-facism would make you happier:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/6630181/detail.html

"--face-in-the-crowd recognition and feature-matching

-- monitoring street-level festivities, day and night

-- underwater Detroit River monitoring

-- classified methods of searching for and detecting potential threats."

This my friend is FACISM. and if any flag waving American can sit and let this happen or sit and buy into this piece of shit corporate monster then I suggest they pack up their flag and mail it back to China where it was made by a slave.

The Super Bowl isn't just some large sporting event that I have a problem with just to have a problem with it like you suggest. It is the most watched television show of the year, every year. "the commercials are funny"...do these people know the brutality of some of these corporations? no...and they do not care and they are not smart enoguh to know.

I am just sick and tired of watching people waste their god dammed time and their only defense is that "I enjoy it" or "I watch it for the commercials" because their mind is so delutted from decades of television conspumtion that they could never imagine a world without it.

Most importantly I do not fear these things. I do not fear the government. As my friend once said, "if someone is possessed enough to come and kill me, then so be it"...what I am is sad. I am sad that people will spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on getting to and watching the game, getting a DUI on th way home, having their children urge for a new Colts diaper and rash medication, I am upset that if 70 million people were to NOT watch tv for a week, they could really open up there eyes to this destructive force...I am sad that 3 hours will be wasted that night by 70 MILLIOn people...all while a nice Lockhead Martin missle is planted straight into the spine of a 4 year old girl...and will that be on the television? No.....but a military anylyst will be and he will tell me how great everything will be!

I am upset that most people could tell you so much about football...but they couldn't tell you a damn word from the constitution...and that is exactly how the government wants it...

ever wonder why they fly those SUPER COOL! F16 jets over the game with the red white and blue smoke? BRAINWASHING my friend...to make everyone watch uber-patriotic.

Support the troops? Pfff my ass those motherfuckers give a damn about anyone over there. But their Exxon Magnet says they do!

"A machine shouldn't speak for men." - Immortal Technique

I am a bitter person for what is happening, and no matter how many people tell me I am wrong (even though they WATCH tv) and I should just shut up and enjoy this disaster of America...

I saw a child at the mall...5 years old...playing a video game called "Operation Cobra Strike" with a gun as the controller, funded by the Pentagon and Army....

if that is not brainwashing....then I have no idea what I am talking about.

Oh by the way....please provide me with somehting that Prison Planet wrote that is not factual...I'd like to expose them for brainwashing me...because I could provided you with about 100 different factual errors made by NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS in 2005 alone....and that was from my own investigating.

I research facts from a wide array of sources, I compile information and then I send that information to the internet, friends, Congressmen & senators, as well as my friends in the service. I also attend protests and speak to dozens there, I place inserts into hundreds of newspapers in my area, organize a newsletter, and I also donate to organizations and charities I feel deserve it.

What have you done to help your country today?

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  2:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a hell of an article about brainwashing from prisonplanet:

9/11 Backlash Comes From Hollywood, Not Government

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com | February 3 2006

The 9/11 movement has been lax in not anticipating the direction from which their most vociferous flak will be thrown. It's not government appointed commissions, politicians or Popular Mechanic debunking spreads.

The real counter-backlash is coming from TV movies and big screen blockbusters, serving up a diet of spoon fed propaganda that reinforces the official version of events.

UPI reports,

A television movie about one of the doomed Sept. 11 airplanes was A&E's most-watched program ever, a sign that audiences may be ready for a coming spate of movie and TV projects dramatizing the terrorism of five years ago.

"Flight 93," about the hijacking of the United Airlines plane and passengers' efforts to retake it, drew 5.9 million viewers when it premiered Monday, the cable channel said.

It was the most-watched A&E program since the channel launched in 1984.

Dwindling amounts of people are watching network news and reading newspapers. People who consider themselves informed get most of their news from The Daily Show, which is a mockumentary spoof on the week's events.

The majority of people's views are formed on the basis of popular culture, television and Hollywood. Shallow as it may seem, this is why 9/11 films like Loose Change are so evergreen at the moment. Because they attach the subject of the 9/11 conspiracy to a cultural fad, in this case hip-hop music. This is a beneficial thing because it makes what is normally heavy subject matter easier to digest, especially for younger audiences.

check out the rest at:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2006/030206hollywoodbacklash.htm
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  2:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I'm not thinking of brainwashing when I think of mass TV consumption, I think of it more as just a dumbing down. I don't think it's specifically set up by the Gov. but by people who can make money off of it. I don't watch TV because I don't want to be brainwashed, I watch TV because I think I have better things to do with my time. Maybe some people don't. Or maybe people enjoy TV and football. If so, let them enjoy it. Telling them not to watch TV and all of these other things is just as fascist as some trying to get them to watch it.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree...people can watch it...it isn't TV that is the problem....they can do whatever they want even if it is a big waste of time...I do not want to stop people from wasting away their lives...just don't get in my way when I try and save this rotting corpse and help you...

I think ignorance is the problem...not tv...though tv does add to it with shows like cops that makes white people hate black people...or leading up t the war the "military anylysts" showing pictures of the new technology so people think "whoo! neato!"

that IS brainwashing...

Here is a nice article:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/01/nbed01.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/01/ixhome.html

hopefully the London telegraph isn;t a bad source for you dan.

TV does though scientifically it does create a flase imagery on the sub conscious....BUT...the corporations show commericals and programs like CSI and war mongering programs that manipulate your opinion into believing this war is a great thing and torture and biometrics are good.

But they are NOT...and they never could or would be a good thing.

Another good article by a normal person:
http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_466.shtml

Peace is possible...but not if we are just going to sit back and watch some yuppy scumbags on friends or some brutal cop on The Shield.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

I think ignorance is the problem...not tv...though tv does add to it with shows like cops that makes white people hate black people...

Really? Every time I've even caught sight of an episode they are always arresting your typical "white trash"/Prostitute/drunk/etc. But they are usually white.

I do agree that to a certain extent a people be come de-sensitized (sp?) as a result of film/TV.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yea but do people get upset at them...from my pexperience since I can only speak of it...people are like "ah poor white trash who cares" but when there is a black guy on cops they get all fired up...

i do not hang out with these people

haha

desensatize is the point.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  01:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't recall saying i prefer corporate media or mainstream media or whatever you call it. i don't, because they do the same sort of shit that prisonplanet does. they're both the same exact thing. if you want me to cite prisonplanet articles that set forth to proclaim conspiracy theory (the government was behind 9/11 or the new world order, ect.) as fact, then i'd have to cite pretty much every article i've seen them do. that the government perpetrated 9/11 is not fact. it is a possibility, i suppose, but possibility isn't fact. the new world order has not been documented. it has not been verified. therefore, it's not something you can call fact. god hasn't been documented or verified either. yes, we can make suppositions in regards to these things, but to give them out as fact is decietful. this is what prisonplanet does. it only differs from, say, fox news, in that fox news just gives us plain old wrong information, whereas prisonplanet takes its own suppositions and makes people believe them to be factual. it's both lies. and fox has hotter anchors. i would put prisonplanet, as far as subertive language and spin are concerned, on par with the new york post. that it to say "utter fucking trash." the only news i would pay attention to is just a list of facts. i think you posted such a thing once. it was great. no language use to illict certain emotions or repsonses, no spin, no editoral nonsense. just pure fact. we need more of that and less of everything else.

"do these people know the brutality of some of these corporations? no...and they do not care and they are not smart enoguh to know." aside from the logical flaws in this statement (you cannot care about something if you're not smart enough to know about it) it marks you as arrogant and elitist. i think some of those commercials are funny. so what? i'm stupid? wrong. i know about the brutality of some of these companies, but it doesn't make the commercial less funny. i honestly just don't give much of a fuck. and i think that's the case with a lot of people. we're not ignorant, we're just bad people, plain and simple.

"Support the troops? Pfff my ass those motherfuckers give a damn about anyone over there." i'm going to go ahead and applaud this statement. that's just really accurate. i'm not even being sarcastic. i've said the same thing myself.

about the five year old playing the cobra strike game. you're missing the point. what's sad is that today's youth is playing shitty videogames. i'm so fucking tired of these "elite spy" stealth games. same with world war 2 games. goddamn it, there's been like 50. can we please get another genre? i'm pretty sure that game wasn't designed for 5 year olds, though. that might have a brainwashing effect, provided the parents don't step in and help the toddler understand that videogames are just fantasy.

why does people spending too much money to go to the superbowl make you sad? if people want to spend way more than they should to see the championchip football game, that's their fucking perogitive. it shouldn't make you feel anything.

ok, so you give information which may or may not be true to a lot people. you speak at protests to people who already agree with you, and you attend protests that no one who isn't there gives a fuck about. great. what have i done to help my country today? where the fuck do you even get off. understand this, david: you know nothing about me.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  05:11:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look, society as we know it or civilization has been brainwashing people since our recorded history. Look at the very word civilize. I think we should change the spelling to civil-lies. Because it was built on the civil lies we tell each other and our children. The reason why this developed is because there is a need for it. Why do people buy into the brainwashing society we live in? Because they need it for surrvival and to stay sane. Trust me I'm insane and I become more so when I try to distance myself from it. However myself when I am real, looks out at the world and sees too much stuff for me to handle mentally and physically. I can't handle reality, and if any one of you can look out honestly through to the world and surrvive just as happily I tip my hat to you.

We all lie to ourselves a little bit every day and we do it to surrvive. Think of how we raise children as a society and think of how our story is told to the next generation as it was told to you. Think of the story we pass on that says we are headed to a new more technologically advanced society and how we are so important as we have mastered the earth, and so forth. You don't think you're typical stereo-typical igonarant to the world, redneck, right wing christian, that seems to have no clue actually has no clue do you? It's just what they've found that they think works for them. For me the athiest (of a type I guess, becuase I don't believe in the typical god who is a man thing) I believe it's the same with religion and people of that persuasion and I believe people find that it works for them and it gives them something. You can say the same thing about the way people live.

How else can you explain peoples behaivior? The destructive, seemingly thoughtless behavior of destroying the earth, and destroying each other. I think people are great believers in nothingness and that is why it doesn't matter, because the consequences seem removed. So for me, who is someone who agrees a lot more with Dave's views about the brainwashing effects of society how I can bag on video games (which I don't play anymore at all) or the Super Bowl thang or any corporate type of thing which can be said is brainwashing when I know damn well I can't escape myself at least not by myself. I mean we have to realize that all these corporations and all these things that we all know are screwing things up are a creation of society? When you ask the questions about why there is brainwashing and why people are brought up or trained to be and think certain ways I think you'll find that it makes a lot of sense to view it as a coping mechanism.

Anyway I'm really ranting here, but seriously I think for anyone who is dedicated to helping to save the world and just trying to make this a better place in general we should be honest with ourselves. I think the first step would be to realize we as a society have been lying to each other and ourselves for a long time, and we do it to surrvive. When the time comes that we as humans actually have to stop these lies to ourselves to surrvive I hope we will. However comfort is pretty important to humans cause we are all seeking this happiness and since we can control (or maybe I should say distort) our own realities we will continue to strive for joy and happiness the only way we know how.

I didn't realize people were trying to control and shape my life and world and that people were out to manipulate me for their own gain, just because I read some book or I studied manufacturing consent. I became aware of this becuase I became more aware of my own self and I think that's just how it works. I think we need a new story and a new plan. I don't think it matters if people reject corporate BS or whatever if they don't come to a real state of being with themselves. Maybe that's why I dig art stuff so much is because it's so much about trying to express one's self honestly and thus trying to find one's self honestly. Maybe that's what we need is more art, and I'm talking about all the art stuff not just painting or music, but living it. I don't I'm just saying we need to as a society and as human beings begin to make the struggle to be real with ourselves and only then can we even begin to overcome the society brainwashing, because we create it, and if we can be real with ourselves and solve the root of the problem everything else should take care of itself. This is a struggle humanity has to make together though. Not by ourselves. If we are going to try to stop brainwashing let's stop all of it.

I really just think we've lost the art of knowing how to exist.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000