New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  2:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just pre-ordered the new Flecktone's album, but it looks like it won't come out until after I see them live. If you pre-order the album with a shirt and do it soon, you can get autographed liner notes from the band.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  8:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I was going to pre-order it and get the shirt and then I found out shipping is like an extra $8 or something. I think I might just buy it when it's out. It's got a badass list of tunes on it though. I can't wait to see Futch's "hallucenations" or whatever that are on the DVD too.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  11:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm very excited for this, glad it's coming out as a dual disc too: the enhanced audio will be appreciated.

I actually just picked up a Bela Fleck record I'd never heard of until last month. It is a middle-eastern-fusion cd that was nominated for a grammy for best world music album in '96 I think. Really cool tunes here for fans of Fleck. The album is dedicated to Ravi Shankar.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  04:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd seen that before but never grabbed it. I see that it was grammy nominated. Well, if I remember correctly Bela Fleck is the artist who has gotten nominations in the widest variety of catageories. I think its: Country, Jazz, World, Gospel, etc. Maybe New Age? I don't know for sure what the categories are.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  2:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tabula Rasa is one of my favorite Fleck projects. One of the coolest aspects of the album is the way they just basically got together and sat down and played all acoustic and just like they were going to just come sit in you living room and play for you.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  11:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or has this release been pushed back a few times. It looks like now the release date is the 14h. I swear it was due out this week.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  12:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Is it just me or has this release been pushed back a few times. It looks like now the release date is the 14h. I swear it was due out this week.

As far as I'm aware it was always the 14th. But I only really found out about it when I pre-ordered it.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  8:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got the whole bundle today! I'm sitting down to listen to the album and see how it plays out.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  2:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's a great disc...Not as great as Little Worlds, but nonetheless, it's a great follow up to it. Gotta love Bach opening the CD!

BTW, I got the dual disc and the video on it is awesome!

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  3:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SurferX

It's a great disc...Not as great as Little Worlds, but nonetheless, it's a great follow up to it. Gotta love Bach opening the CD!

BTW, I got the dual disc and the video on it is awesome!

Yeah I got the Dual disc as well, but tend not to pay attention to the DVD sides. It sounds like I'll have to check it out though.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  10:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Definately recommended...If you know the Flecktones, you'll love the beginning of the 37-minute short.

--Zak
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000