true happiness....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  11:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i got a free ticket to a bela fleck, jean-luc ponty, and stanley clarke clinic at my school... amazing. i havn't really heard of jean-luc ponty however any of oyu have?

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  12:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard a few shows from earlier this year. Prepare to have your mind blown. Jean-Luc is amazing and hopefully the play funky-ponty for you. Give us a review please.

Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  12:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'll try to get a recording of it from the school... dunno if it's allowed though. i also got ticket to Victor Wooten Clinic, Victor wooten concert later that night, thennn Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon the 28th

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  2:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not allowed, but I'm not going to tell anyone. Also you are a lucky SOB, a clinic with Victor, and then Kottke. If can get a recording I am definitely interested and I have some stuff they did from earlier this year and plenty of other music that might perk your interest.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  4:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This show just played recently in my area, but i missed it. seriously bumming. How was the show?
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  9:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, the bela fleck trio was crazy, stanley clarke was amazing. he played a 130 year old upright bass (either a 4 or 5 string) and was slapping on it and everything!! answered a decent amount of questions, it was cool to see them talk about their writing styles like Bela was explaining that in the flecktones they ahve this aggrement that if it sounds good it is good regardless of it's structure or time sig. and then stanley was saying he based it mroe of a theory and how oyu should play it kidna groove, Jean-Luc ponty was a short ultra european guy who was beastly on violin. the 3 songs they played was a song the trio did (sry forgot the name i'll find it later), storm riders or someting, and a song jean-luc wrote, Trans Love.

the Vic Clinic was nuts, i got there an hour early and got front row seats. he opened up with playing with a drum machine for 20 mins, during it playing norwegian(sp) wood, some parts from what seemed like amazing grace from live at the quick, and then went into some other tunes that i knew by ear but not the name. During the q&a he emphazied alot on Groovin'. that the most important thing a bass player can do is groove good. it was really awsome. the highlight was this kid said how was it playing with Carter Beuford and he said "Oh, it sucked." later saying "you konw the answer it was unreal the guy is amazing." Then outa nowhere Futureman came outa the audience and talked about groovin and how Carter is great because he's just a groove drummer and talkin about their time in Va as strugglin musicians. Really awsome stuff.

ended up not going to the show and sold my ticket. seats wern't to good and nothing is gonna top that clinic lol.

next is Kottke, and Malmsteen is coming to berklee to! haha but i don't like that guy so im' not goin.

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  10:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing Stanely had to be a trip. The guy is just a monster on acoustic.

I always find it funny that people ask the Flecktones about DMB and they must get it a lot because the way they usually respond, although Carter is not DMB. Same goes for Tim, they always gotta ask.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000