Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Thunder & Lightning Storm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tonight was one of the best nights I've had in some time- the reason being- that I was treated to a spectacular thunder & lightning show. 5 years ago, almost to the date I remember sitting outside my home in the desert watching a similar storm, and realizing the power and beauty of mother nature. Tonight was a similarly humbling experience. There were only a few people out on my street watching, I couldn't beleive there weren't more... nothing on TV could be more amazing, or mezmerizing than watching the sky light up every few minutes only to be followed by an earth rattling shake! I wish there would be more storms like this.

god
Kevin

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucky! We don't have any of that up here in NorCal. In fact, today was the warmest day in the past two weeks. Go figure, huh?

Montana has some kick ass Thunder/Lightning storms.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  4:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate thunder storms, haha, we get a lot of them and I would never be caught watching from outside! Worst one I ever experienced was in Switzerland in the Alps. The thunder was not only loud, it echoed! I admit, they are an awesome force of nature, but I am scared of them just the same.

I tried not to channel that fear into my kids so when they were little and were afraid we would have thunder parties. We would get a blanket out and spread it on the living room floor and have snacks or dinner if it was around that time. We would read books and play games. The kids actually looked forward to them!

Didn't Fluffy and Rew run into a really bad one at Pikes Peak? I just remember reading something about that from a number of years ago.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  5:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Thunder Storms but the other night the moon was out and it was unusually orange and bright, took some pics as well as I could (some of them I just messed around with)

http://www.ai-nation.net/i.art/stuffages/Ryan/09.18.05/

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  5:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love thunder storms.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  8:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pikes Peak was prolly the worst thunder storm I've ever been in. Oh wait, Red R,ocks seeing the Dead and they were almost electrocuted. There was actually a waterfall running right behind Bobby. Here in Central Ca (at least in the Santa Cruz mountains) we had a really tiny thunder shower and the power has been out ever since. So I'm haulin' water since the well pump doesn't work when the power's out. We have the wimpiest lines up here I swear.Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000