New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  03:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So he died today. Anyone have any predictions on the future of the supreme court?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  07:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, right now I have too much on my mind to care. Honestly I think there should be an age limit for the supreme court justices. Perhaps it isn't fair, but than what is ever totally fair?

I am not a happy camper that Bush gets to elect 2 to the supreme court but that's how it happened. He still needs to get his choices approved so hopefully that will weed out anyone who is too far right. I guess in the wake of hurricane Katrina and a personal situation I just don't care right now.

I guessI should clarafy that it isn't that I don't care that he died, I am sorry for most people who die, I just don't care about the political aspects of it now.

Rehnquist, RIP

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  08:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check what wikipedia has to say about William Rehnquist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Rehnquist

quote:
William Rehnquist
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

A pig who wanted to set women back 50 years. He should rot in hell.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  12:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! that's telling it like it is. Gotta admire the truth in that statement, And Pam I hope everything works out with whatever is happeningPeace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  1:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I was actually worried that with all the attention being focused on Katrina that 'W' in his lameness would try and slide in his lame selection to the vacant spot without much opposition or attention. Now it looks like I should be doubly or 'w' scared. How knows, maybe I should look at the bright side and hope that with 2 spots empty it will bring back more attention on the subject and he won't be able to just slide in his meager substitutes as easily. We will see.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  2:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Wow! that's telling it like it is. Gotta admire the truth in that statement, And Pam I hope everything works out with whatever is happeningPeace, Robin

It's as I expected. The page has been changed now. That's why I took the picture of it. I knew once it got out, someone'd change it.

So yeah, we have proof, and it's mine.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  5:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe Jason did you put that on there?

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things won't "work out" for me Robin, my dad died Friday, but I am OK and dealing with it. Just got back from working on his apartment. I only "lost it" twice, once when my sisters were talking about the flowers for the funeral on Wed. and the fact that the ones from my mom are in the shape of a broken heart, and the other time when I came across a poem.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  6:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

Hehe Jason did you put that on there?

Nope, that's what was on the page this morning (early) when I went to that site. I didn't change anything about the site, just took the picture of it.

sPAM, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  6:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about the loss PJK. I don't know what losing a parent or even an immediate family member is like, so I can only imagine. I send my best wishes and love to you and your family and hope this can bring you all close together as a family. If you need to vent sometime I think I speak for everyone when I say we all have open ears/eyes here.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  04:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am also sorry to hear about that Pam. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family in this time.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  06:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. This is hard, but probably what I would call grieving under the best circumstances if there is such a thing. My thoughts keep going to all those who lost loved ones in the hurricane and also lost everything they own. I honestly don't know how those people can deal with it.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  6:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear Pam... you'll pull through it!

Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  11:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm really sorry to hear that, Pam. i know it sounds obvious, but spending all the time you can with your family helps more than anything.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000