nintendo is the worst.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  7:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they moved back zelda to 2006 because it turns out they weren't as far ahead as they said they were. just like they said their controller was a secret, but as it turns out, it's not done yet. here's an idea: stop fucking around. in all honesty, i'm not even going to play the new zelda. fuck the entire nintendo franchise. they have nothing. not one thing. their day is over.

death to false metal.

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  8:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

...in all honesty, i'm not even going to play the new zelda.

I dunno if I can believe that...

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  9:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it's release date being pushed back does suck.

Haven't seen any other games comming any time soon for the Gamecube that I want, (since is no RPG section for the GCN). *hmmmmmm* PS/PS2 RPGS...bah school starts tomarrow.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  01:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm not playing it because it's due no earlier than april 1st 2006. ok? that's around 8 months from now. meanwhile, what do they have to say for themselves? not a goddamn thing. and you know what? i don't trust that shit at all. here's what we know about the new nintendo system: it's small, uses cds, is backward compatible with all nintendo systms, zelda will be on it at some point, it plays dvds and is internet ready, and it won't have soul calibur 3. that's literally all the information on it. and, as we've seen, it's not like they're just keeping it secret. it's because, simply put, they haven't done shit in a long long time. the only game they really showed at e3 was zelda. and now that isn't even near ready yet. nothing else was prepared. compare that to sony's ps3, who came out with lots of demos and specs and content, and even xbox promised to suck again this year. all nintendo does anymore is wait for movies to come out and then take 10 minutes to make a game for it. and if they're feeling particularly energetic, they'll grunt out a mario party or port something in from the gba. i have this mental image of everyone at all the nintendo offices and buildings just playing cowboys and indians with cap guns constantly. all they're doing is screwing off while everyone else makes games that are fun to play. and judging by their statements, they aren't in touch with reality anymore. i'd feel a lot better if they just packed their shit up, stopped making every game and every system and just stopped, sold zelda to sony and gave a press release stating "we feel it's very obvious that we just don't give a shit anymore. most of us go to work drunk every day."

yeah, if you're looking for rpgs on the cube, don't bother. it's a goddamned desert. there's tales of symphonia (which was awesome) gladius (also very good) and lotr: third age (which is literally just final fantasy x with a lord of the rings costume and most of the depth and character missing. and i still liked it.) and that's about it. if you want rpgs, you want ps2. ffx, ffx-2, badlur's gate 1 and 2 (really buggy) champions of norrath 1 and 2 (2 is so buggy i'm convinced they never tested it) gladius, tales of symphonia, and a whole bunch of others i'm forgetting. oh, and fucking burnout 3. burnout 4 comes out in september.

so, yeah. i'm breaking up with nintendo. i did it offically today. you've all beared witness to the passing of an age. i was nintendo loyal for 12 years. saints preserve us.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

here's what we know about the new nintendo system: it's small, uses cds, is backward compatible with all nintendo systms, zelda will be on it at some point, it plays dvds and is internet ready, and it won't have soul calibur 3. that's literally all the information on it.

Didn't I hear something about a Hello Kitty game?

And I'd like to know how it's going to be backward compatible w/ all nintendo systems... does it have separate slots for Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and GameBoy games?

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  2:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to have to bear witness to this Dan. The world has moved on indeed.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  6:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know Dan, that's what it seems to have come to.

The next gen Nintendo is suppose to be backwards compatible with old Nintendo games by letting you download them (for a fee probably, not like a company would just give a game despite how many times it's been remade) and even then it might only have like "greatest hits" titles.

And so far I'm not really that impressed with any of the Next Gen consoles as of yet...

Theres a flash movie "The Decline of Video Gamming"
they wern't kidding...

*rant* School started today...makes me not wanna see that place again, oh my head hurts *rant end*

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  7:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
videogames are not on the decline. they just have to remember that they're making games. you know, things that are supposed to be fun. just because it has realistic graphics doesn't mean it isn't shit. once they find that balance it'll be good. xbox would be wise to note that. sony does it right mostly.

the hello kitty game is for gamecube and i don't want to talk about it.

it's tough, arthen, but it's ka. the world has moved on, and so should we. i have traded in my 'prentice controllers for the real things. the wavebird, the 64, the snes and even the nse controllers served for a beginning, but it's time we remember the faces of our fathers and move foward.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  7:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
decline of video gamming was meant to be a joke for the most part. or partly not sure...Anyways

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  12:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, but i've been hearing that sort of thing said in earnest. it's the decline of nintendo, that's for sure. and it's sort of sad, really, because they had so much. when you look at the things they've done lo these past 20 years, it's sort of like watching a proud, handsome young man become a helpless, senile, shriveled old man. final fantasies, zeldas, marios, mario kart, donkey kongs, resident evils, smash bros., goldeneye, metroid. and i'm just going off the top of my head. they had so much and they used it all so well. they were the ones who brought console gaming into its own. you would think that would make me less angry with them, but it only makes me more angry.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  01:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

it's tough, arthen, but it's ka. the world has moved on, and so should we. i have traded in my 'prentice controllers for the real things. the wavebird, the 64, the snes and even the nse controllers served for a beginning, but it's time we remember the faces of our fathers and move foward.

Yes, but Ka is a wheel, and everything that ends will begin again. If only we had a Silmaril with the beauty of unspoilt Nintendo frozen inside forever. Alas, they are lost, and the skill of Feanor will never live again.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  6:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silmarillion is my favorite book ever, wanna reread it so much once I finish LOTR: Return of the King, but homework wants to mess with that...

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  6:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will do well amongst Dan and I. If you are into The Dark Tower you can follow us to the clearing at the end of the path.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  11:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ah, but if ka is a wheel then wouldn't the skill of feanor, who served both ka and the beam (as all things do), resurface?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  12:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, this thread is reminding me to finish the series.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  03:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ah, but if ka is a wheel then wouldn't the skill of feanor, who served both ka and the beam (as all things do), resurface?

In time perhaps, but I believe somethings exist in one place and one time and in one person for a single purpose, and once that purpose is fulfilled, that thing is gone. The skill of Feanor will perhaps arise in different people and come in a different form, but the skill to create the Silmarils is indeed lost to us.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

HotKoreanGirl
Chatterbox

130 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  12:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the biggest reason for you to get the new nintendo system:

new SMASH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(ones)

You will eat your words, Dan p....oh yes you will.
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  2:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's Nintendo?

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  6:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SurferX

What's Nintendo?

not sure if its a joke...woah weird once I typed that was on the quote "life is but a joke" in All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan) ..as I was saying even if it's not a joke its still funny ^^

Super Smash Bros is fun and everything, still think it's overrated (sees the endless forums on Nintendo's site with ppl saying their the best at SSMB)

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  10:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
smash bros is always great. if you have a nintendo and you have friends, you need the game. it's just that simple. but i'd trade smash bros for a system with better games in general, more experience in online play, and i'd like the system to be by a company that doesn't shitty decisions every day. nintendo passes up great games, sony doesn't. nintendo has nothing anymore. oh, they'll have a smash bros, and a zelda eventually, but the marios, donkey kongs, and the other cornerstone games of the franchise are like some kind of terrorist video, with all my favorite characters draped and humiliated.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  12:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Feanor were here, he'd say this:

Flaming Moe.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  01:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah smash bros is fun, also trying to beat all the events matches just to get Final Destination.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  11:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if feanor were here, he'd probably get super pissed at the moderators and leave, and then explode when he dies.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  3:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

badlur's gate 1 and 2 (really buggy) champions of norrath 1 and 2 (2 is so buggy i'm convinced they never tested it)

so how did you like the sequals, aside from bugs?
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  01:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

if feanor were here, he'd probably get super pissed at the moderators and leave, and then explode when he dies.

Perhaps Ungoliant and Morgoth consumed the light of the once bright Nintendo.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  11:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the sequeal to baldur's gate felt more like an expansion pack than an actual sequeal, but it was good. better than the first one at any rate. champions of norrath 2, though. i don't know. it was just so poorly thrown together. the items that give you +health or +mana don't work. that is to say, you put them on and it doesn't do anything. they're worthless. it's the same story pretty much, and the planes thing is stupid. but the extra boards and stuff are excellent, as is the arena. it's a hack 'n slash rpg. if you like cutting down hordes of bad guys you'll like it fine. all the baldur's gates and norrath games are essentially the same, and they're all more or less good.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  3:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

the sequeal to baldur's gate felt more like an expansion pack than an actual sequeal, but it was good. better than the first one at any rate. champions of norrath 2, though. i don't know. it was just so poorly thrown together. the items that give you +health or +mana don't work. that is to say, you put them on and it doesn't do anything. they're worthless. it's the same story pretty much, and the planes thing is stupid. but the extra boards and stuff are excellent, as is the arena. it's a hack 'n slash rpg. if you like cutting down hordes of bad guys you'll like it fine. all the baldur's gates and norrath games are essentially the same, and they're all more or less good.

really? i thought that the second norrath game had a lot less bugs than the first one. i thought the planes were stupid too. hey look, there's bad guys. lets call this one the 'plane of hate'. it'll be completely different than all the other ones with bad guys and hatred. lets throw in some red, too. next, the plane of lame. wait, we were just on that one.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  5:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it doesn't have bugs that are as consistant, but the mana/health bonuses not working at all more than makes up for that. sometimes items blow up or disappear before you need them. also, if you have an enchanted weapon, say with fire, and you use a wizard to further enchant that weapon with fire, when the wizard's enchantment wears off, the fire enchantment the weapon had either innately or with a jewel also goes away for good.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  12:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow. i was the bezerker and my friend was the shaman for the second con, didn't encounter any of those problems, luckily.

i really want to play dark alliance 2 again. i think i'll be the 'mancer this time 'round.
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  1:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whats next? lord of the rings x-2?:

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/strategy/lordoftheringstactics/preview_6131072.html
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  6:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll stick with the books thanks...

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  01:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, it's not like lotr: third age ripped off final fantasy x at all. oh wait, did i say "didn't rip off?" i meant "totally fucking ripped off."

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  1:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no one seems to have any ideas these days.
speaking of...suikoden tactics:

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/genso-suikoden-tactics/644083p1.html
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  6:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... ummm... I'll still play it when it comes out. Try to resist as you might Dan, but you know as well as I do that those games are just too damn good.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  12:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
twilight princess i'll play, yeah. probably, anyway. i figure, i have a gamecube. it'll be out. why not. but i'm not getting a revolution. i'm done with nintendo. twlight princess will probably be my last nintendo purchase.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Jorg
Is Anybody Here?

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  05:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought this post was going to be about the ridiculous dog or pet game they have coming out. When i first saw it I wanted to punch the creators, but then I thought they just wanted the money, now I want to punch anyone who buys it.

8=0
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  1:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nintendogs. it's a play on words, and that's probably why they did it. someone thought it was clever, and instead of making games, they made that instead. i heard their next system is going to be the "pretendo" where you have to imagine your playing videogames.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

AGirlNamedPsycho
Try A Little Harder

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  11:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit AGirlNamedPsycho's Homepage  Send AGirlNamedPsycho an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nintendogs basically sums up the intent of every Nintendo game in the last like 7 years.
Remember when it was a big deal that Mortal Kombat II for the SNES was going to feature actual blood and Fatalities from the arcade? As opposed to the neutered MK1? Then years later I pick up a GBA and games like Doom feature 'unblood' and whatnot. Nintendo tried appealing to their 'mature audience' and guess what they found out; they don't actually have one. They're forever stuck appealing to adolescence. I for one am a bit neutral on the subject. I kind of like the fact that my daughter's introduction to video games is fairly benign stuff like Pokemon and Nintendogs.
I think the biggest reasons Nintendo won't fully take the training wheels off is because the market is a fucked up place. When other systems really started competing with Nintendo and Sega, they knew they couldn't use either giant's target audiences, so they peddled to a different crowd and it worked. As consumers, we're pretty used to the idea that a console might have at most 3 years of life to it before it just becomes outdated. Programmers want to push the envelope, and since the whole 32X experiment didn't pan out (installing new hardware to existing older consoles in a jankety upgrade) no one's going to release updates to old boxes to keep up with the software. So Nintendo can hang out in the E for Everyone position because when kids grow up and need something more, they'll probably have to buy a new system anyway and odds are it's not gonna be a Nintendo box.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  11:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm not talking about nintendo not using excessive violence in their games, really. i likes me some excessive violence, but i also like good games more. the argument of "games for kids" vs. "games for adults" in my opinion, is absurd. a game is good or not. just because a game isn't gory, and just because it hascolors doesn't mean it's for kids and not cool to play. is anyone really concerned with games that are cool. you're playing videogames. that ship has already sailed. my complain is that nintendo doesn't even make good games. nintendogs isn't even a game at all. all nintendo makes is movie tie-ins and the same mario party over and over. they no longer have any idea what's going on.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

AGirlNamedPsycho
Try A Little Harder

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  11:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit AGirlNamedPsycho's Homepage  Send AGirlNamedPsycho an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's not really about excessive violence. Sorry if I relied on that as an example. What I should have implicitly said was, Nintendo's emphasis seems to be on accessibility, and we know what that does to music and other art forms so why should video games be any different? Aside from the delays you expressed frustration with, I think Nintendo's biggest problem is there's nothing to graduate to. Honestly, how many Mario Party sequels do there need to be? Are they expanding on the gameplay of the older games? What about the RPG fans, has Nintendo done anything exceptional? Paper Mario is cute and all but it's no Chrono Trigger. I'm just saying the ceiling is too low. Give an advanced player a reason to stay with a name and they'll do it. It doesn't have to be about gore, more about respecting a player's growth and taste for something that not every 7-year old can just pick up and run with.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  5:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
exactly. except that everyone once in a while they might tryto make a game that's not blatantly for 7 year olds, or a movie game. it's so rare now that i struggle to even bring up an example. "eternal darkness: sanity's requiem" was obviously for mature players, and man. that game ruled my face off. but take, for example, "final fantasy: crystal chronicles." an earnest effort, but really, how good was it? it was mediocre. and it wasn't because it was a final fantasy game and my expectations were that high. it was because it just wasn't that fun. there are others, but honestly, they're so few and far between now i can't summon examples. they both can't and won't make games that are good for older gamers. even their mario and donkey kong games have fallen off. and mario is also for young players, but those games also tend to be excellent. my 8 year old cousin is playing mario 64 on the ds, and he's got like 80something stars. frankly, mario 64 was one of the best games for the 64. it reached all ages.

the rpg thing you mention also played a part in my switch. i likes me some rpgs. and for cube, there aren't that many good or bad. crystal chronicles which i've mentioned, tales of symphonia, and gladius are the only 3, really, worth mentioning for cube. and gladius was for othe systems. now, i've had the ps2 for a couple months, and i've already played and beaten twice that number. i'm not big on first person shooters, but timesplitters 3 is on the ps2 as well as the cube. it's the best system out there.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000