Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 OT... Meteor Shower this weekend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  5:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure that pople all over the world will be able to see this. I know that many of us are fascinated with the sky in here, so I thought I'd mention it. It's supposed to b the best shower in a long time. It might make for some sweet pics too (for all of us photo buffs in here). I know that here in So Cal, they said the best time to see it will be sun night (monday morning) from 12-3 am.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  5:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great news. I'll probably try to watch that. Matter of fact, I'll probably try to pass out face up tonight, so when I regain consciousness, I'll be able to see the stars.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  02:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Kevin. I believe on the east coast it's about 4 or 5am. I'm definitely checking it out!!! I'll let you know what I see! Liz
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  03:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is mad sweet!

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  11:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone saw this... it was amazing.
-J

Go to Top of Page

atlantamusician
Is Anybody Here?

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  2:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Send atlantamusician an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, that was completely awesome.

"I read the news today oh boy"
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  2:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was truly an amazing site! I saw three streaming down at the same TIMe!!!! It was freezing out there, but well worth it!! Liz
Go to Top of Page

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  3:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It took my breath away!

On the 1st day God created Tim.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  5:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they came from all directions and left a green trail. Perhaps it was sister

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  7:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, it was a cool night indeed! It started out to be clear and we thought we'd have a great view from our balcony, but then the fog rolled in, and just our luck... it was the thickest fog I've ever seen here! So we drove around for a while, and I finally remembered where there was a residential area up on a hill. We drove there, parked, and layed down in the back of my friend's truck for about two hours and just stared up. I took a bunch of random digital pics of the sky, but it seemed like every time i snapped a still, 5 seconds later a huge meteor streaked right through my frame. Oh well, it was still an amazing sight. I wonder if the boys caught the show in the sky after the show. If Tim ended up buying those night goggles he wanted, I bet it would have looked even cooler!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000