randomness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atlantamusician
Is Anybody Here?

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  7:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Send atlantamusician an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just out of sheer curiosity, and i could be completely wrong, but did Tim throw a Bach excerpt into something he was doing in Tallahassee. i just now remembered thinking that. or maybe i'm just imagining things. but i thought it was pretty cool if he did.

Tallahassee was my first live Tim show and I have to re-state the fact that i was blown away beyond what words can describe. I wish I had waited around and met people and stuff...but at least next time i see him i'll know more about what's going on and stick around afterwards. anyway, i'm still inspired and also in shock from last weeks show.

"I read the news today oh boy"

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  10:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ive have heard some Bach being thrown in at the end of a few songs before (well, its sounds almost like Bach, if its not). But I cant recall if I heard it at the show?

maybe so?

-p

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  05:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I do not specifically remember it at that show, but he throws some Bach in from TIMe to TIMe. Jon Soldo once asked him about this, so I am sure Jon could tell you what piece it is. I do remember TR saying it was one of his favorite classical pieces.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  10:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring is quite possibly my favorite JSBach song. I know Leo Kottke has a great interpretation of it on his guitar, maybe that's the same one for Tim. Bach is simply amazing, if you ask me, which you didn't.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep Bach is some good stuff,

Im performing his motet "Lobet den Herren" with my choir, this tuesday.

it should be good, if any of the tallahassee people want to go,

well naturally all are invited, but, you got to get here, duh?

just kidding around,
Philip

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  9:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where is Jon Soldo with the answer? Better send him a link to this topic. Good luck with your performance Philip. Hope it goes well. Maybe Kyle can come out and video it for us, so everyone on the message board can check it out. Just and idea.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  9:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im here! Depending on what show your talking about but its most likely Courante by Bach, but Id have to hear it cause im sure tim knows more than one Bach tune... after all he is a genious

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  12:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I knew you'd know. Thanx!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  09:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha that would be funny fluffy,

about the video thing, ha,

peace,
Philip

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2001 :  10:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How did it go? Did Kyle come and shoot video?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000