11/16/00 Utah State Univ Logan, UT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmikeb
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Send dmikeb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I attended the Tim Reynolds show in Logan, Utah at Utah State University on 11-16-2000. The sound guy let me patch my MD into the soundboard. I ripped it to CD then forgot about it until now, 5 years later. I recently uncovered a CD in my dungeon entitled "Live @ USU 11-16-00". I thought "ooo, I wonder what this could be...". I popped it was TR. The first song does come in during the song, but I think the guy just started the MD recorder a few seconds late. I cannot find a setlist for this show. Doesn't someone here have a Tim Reynolds fansite with all the setlists? Erich maybe? I'm not up on the track names. I'm posting the show here via a yousendit.com link. Could somebody please download this and email me an updated info file? Once this is updated, i'll post in on archive.org. I also video taped Tim's 9-19-01 set at USU. I am not able to rip this to mpeg or anything. Would anyone here be willing to have me send them my copy, rip the vid to their computer, and send my copy back? Shoot me an email if you are in. I want this to get shared in the community. Thanks for your TIMe people.

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SV4OY5Q9HB550JNDYSF0XW0FG

mikeflandro@gmail.com

Every time I blink I have a tiny dream... - Ani Difranco

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love you.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hmm.... maybe I should clarify that a little.

I'm very glad you found the show, and I'm very glad you decided to share it! I'm downloading it right now, and I'll certianly offer any help that I can.

Is this the whole show, and is it really only about 400MB? Seems a touch small, but I know the 01 shows did run about that size...

Also, on the video, I'll eventually be able to help you on this, but at the moment, I can't. What's the format? Regular VHS? I have a couple of vids of my own that I will eventually transfer, but I don't have the parts at the moment to do so.

Again, I thank you for offering this show!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

dmikeb
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Send dmikeb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes the 2001 video is standard VHS. And the 2000 show you just downloaded is all I have of the show. The disc wasn't labeld with a disc number. It does come in during the first song, but I think I remember just starting the MD a few seconds late. That's why I was wondering if anyone had the setlist...so I could make sure it was the whole show. It seemed a little bit short to me too. It's an hour and 4 minutes. Anywho, anyone that can transfer the video, drop me an email. Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

dmikeb
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dmikeb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if this is not the whole show, then it is disc two. i don't have the other disc anymore if this is the case. this is good stuff anyway.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  2:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the download crapped out on me, so I'll have to try later. sorry...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  7:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im d/l it now, on it like fat kid on cake . thank you kindly, by the way. I can get a set up in about 45min or so.

jason - 10/20/2000 was 401.7mb, and it was a full shn show, so I wouldnt be surprised to see this as a full 00 flac show and still that small. good shit though

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  7:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ya, I finished it too, will listen later and do what I can.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  8:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
... edit: the text file shows there was more on this show than what you posted, so its not full, unless it was shortened for one reason or another. any word on that? Its got what seems to be the first jam up till the encore, with a cut here and there, but i dont know what was done to it. the txt file says it was 94min, but the files add to 71.

I originaly asked if I could touch up the tracking a little bit, and upload it myself to the archive if you wish, but Id like to know if theres any more to the show first. here's what was in the .rar:

Jam > Jemez Rolling Waves > Offspring
Los Alamos Is Burning
Jam (analize?)
Flourescence
Do It Yourself
Rheginos And The Resurrection
Breathing Space
Loose Interpretations
High In The West
And Then They Were Free
Kundalini Bonfire
Repeat The Question

good set, nice sound. thanks for the show! If thats all you got, then let me know if you want me to work my get an awsome show to the archive magic, else its all yours Id go with door #1 . If theres any more to it though, holla

cheers,
~E

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  9:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome erich, thanks! Let us know what's decided about who uploads it... if there are tracking changes when it goes up on the archive, I'd like to get that copy...

I haven't even had a chance to listen to the show yet. :(

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  01:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, quality on this show is great.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  11:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the show.. great quality and very nice set

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  2:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, mine seemed to have downloaded as an ".rar" file. What do I do with that?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  2:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
rar is basically like zip. You'll have to "un"rar it, and it'll be a folder of the show. winrar would be the obvious choice to do that, but there are other options.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  3:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow. this is excellent.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dmikeb
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Send dmikeb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey erich, go for it man. that's all i got of the show. do with it what you wish.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  5:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spank my ass! A new version of Breathing Space to feast my ears/soul/heart/mind on. Thank you for appearing from the mists of the void and providing this to us dmikeb.

The Jemez->Offspring looks exciting, can't wait to get my hands on this one. Thanks everyone who helped!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  12:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dmikeb - good news, I fucked up *laughs* I was reading the txt file for 2001-11-16 when i was going on about 90min vs 70min. that just means your shows complete, so awsome! I ran it through a simple little batch file, it joined it, resplit it, knocked out a gap, tagged the files, and i'll que it for u/l to the archive tonight while I sleep. So all is set, and danke for the show, its very appreciated.

PS - Grey is such a fucking deep tune. Reckoning is one of the most depressing albums to listen to, especialy Grey and School Night (one of her best songs, lyrically, by far). I always though Tim would fit pretty well doing an opening slot for Ani.

but isnt it "Every time I blink I have a tiny dream"?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

dmikeb
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  1:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Send dmikeb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you would be correct about the quote...haha. Revelling and Reckoning is my fav by far, anywho, thanks for doing this. Glad I could provide it.

Go to Top of Page

dmikeb
Is Anybody Here?

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  02:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Send dmikeb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what's the word on this Erich?

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  12:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
silly me forgot to import it after the upload. anyway, here you go:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=26720

not available itll after processing, but all should go well.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  08:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Erich!

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000