New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  09:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else checked out the new DMB video yet? Its available to stream off their official site. I think its kind of a silly stupid concept but for some odd reason it still made me feel all warm adn sqishy inside. Perhaps it is still possible to turn my wooden heart hehe.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  7:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wonder why no one's posted to this...

I think that video is just too easy. I'm not sure I can explain myself better than that. Just too easy. Too easy to think of, too easy to make, too easy to understand...definately not something I would think would come from Dave Matthews (and his band).

That said, I think the video is effective and has great timing. I don't particularly like it, however. But it is a song off Everyday, after all...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  8:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That really made me smile. Anyone pick up on the cameos?
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  8:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
naw man, I was watching a low res 56k version, and I could hardly even tell it was Dave and the boys except that they were the ones holding the instruments and playing the song. Fill me in, cause I'll probably never see it on music tv.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  8:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe after the band he moves on to Conan O'Brian and the Blue Man Group. It's just so happy... how could you NOT like it?
-J

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  9:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the video is unrealistic. i tried walking around trying to get people to hug me for hours. did not work out the way i hoped. so now what i do is in the cafeteria i pretend to choke, then, when someone tries to give me the heimlich manuver, turn around suddenly. it works better than asking.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

KevinGTArch
Is Anybody Here?

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  11:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinGTArch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw the video for the first time last night and while it may not live up to the intellectual standards set by some of his earlier videos, you have to look at the context of the video and the time at which it was produced. I don't think I have to remind everyone we're still in somewhat a state of shock from the happenings of September 11th. I think it's safe to say Dave's music has always been characterized by how it reaches people on some level in some way. While "Everday" (the song) perhaps is lacking in the lyrical and now video depth as his previous work - sometimes it's the simple things that can touch us the most. Compared to "When the World Ends" which was previously slated for release, I think "Everyday" was a brilliant choice - all you need is love (a little Beatles mirror). In the midst of the "war on terrorism" and ill desicions being made by governments on both ends, right now all we need is love. I think this simple video has a lot more potential to reach the masses then compared to his work in say "Don't Drink the Water" or "Crash Into Me". The first post by Isaac said the most..it just radiates that feeling you just can't describe.

So I know I'll get smacked around not only for sticking up for Dave on Tim's board but for standing up for an Everday song. I'll be the first to admit that Dave was my gateway to Tim and without Dave I would have no clue who Tim was, but that's just another reason for me to give the DMB high marks. They've collaborated with so many other arists I'd like to think that DMB has opened me up to many other musical influences such as Vic Wooten, Bela Fleck, Maceo Parker, and Ben Harper as well as the man himself, Tim Reynolds. Say what you will but I think I've said my two cents - I'll be a Dave Matthews BAND fan, a Dave Matthews fan, AND a Tim Reynolds fan until the end - after all, good music, is good music.

Peace,

Kev

P.S.> I LOVE HEINEKEN!

KB
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  12:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
true true

-p

Go to Top of Page

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  02:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, thats a gr8 video! Brought back some interest for me

On the 1st day God created Tim.
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  11:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
gr8 video? whats that?

-p

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  11:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
gr8=great. Shorthand, like LOL or LMAO or LMK or WTF or STFU,MF (and if anyone can figure that one out, they get the cookie Silky gave me).

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  1:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just watched it ... its perty good... and the fact that CONAN O"BRIAN is in it makes it great by my standards.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

crash258
Chatterbox

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  2:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Send crash258 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh i get it gr8 = great, hahaha, so funny, hahaha

not,

Philip

just kidding

Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  3:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I liked the video. I wish it would show more of Carter though... Hmmph.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000